What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 3Vs Knights Saturday 18th August 3pm Panthers Stadium

TheFrog

Coach
Egan gives that. His passes don't loop through the air like Katoa.
I remember a year ago when it was Katoa who provided the nice crisp service and we needed him instead of Wallace. My feeling is that neither of them are quite first grade standard, especially in a strong side.
Ciro hinted at changing to team. Seems he's going to make them earn their spots. Good on him.
Very late in the day to be doing this.

If he doesn't demand too much it wouldn't be a bad move to try poach Issac Luke given he may have to move on from the Warriors.

Panfa

Juniors
Griffin blundered in putting peachey at fullback and ciraldo and the whole penrith staff are stupid enough to leave him there his positional play and kick returns were hopeless that 2nd try he was defending in the line and they grubbered through and scored.katoa has been very average for the last few weeks his service from dummy half is slow and he looks lost throwing forwatd passes dropping of tackles yet they keep him as starting hooker when egan is the best we have got

franklin2323

Immortal
Katoa has the skills to be an excellent hooker. As does Egan. All that is required is good coaching. That is where we are lacking.

As I said earlier. Look at the support staff coaching wise we have compared to others. This is our main issue we lack

Kev07

Juniors
To me it looked we were and have been trying to hard in general.

In regards to specifics it looks like Tyrone May just didn't pass enough. IMO he's always looked like a backrower who has enough skill to be a stop gap 5/8. I saw some people say we'd do better with him in the team than we do with an injured Maloney. That was never going to happen.

Reckon DWZ should be moved back to fullback, Peach should be moved to 5/8 and Sione hooked for Egan. Egan's a small guy, he can play 80 so we play with a 4 forward bench and Yeo can shift into the centres in case of an injury.
May had 45 receipts - 41 passes
2 offloads

tripster

Juniors
Any thoughts on what if any punishments will be handed out for Kikau and May after the punch up?

There is apparently a new offence called ‘fighting’ that carries only a fine for grade 1. McCullough was charged with it after throwing three punches and escaped suspension and was then able to play in the game against us. Our players should be charged with the same offence. Although it wouldn’t bother me if Tyrone May sat out a week. He was totally shit today.

luv my panfas

Juniors
Our most disgraceful performance of the year.

Very Hookesque. Even Elliottesque. How I wish they were still here so I could blame them.
Griffin blundered in putting peachey at fullback and ciraldo and the whole penrith staff are stupid enough to leave him there his positional play and kick returns were hopeless that 2nd try he was defending in the line and they grubbered through and scored.katoa has been very average for the last few weeks his service from dummy half is slow and he looks lost throwing forwatd passes dropping of tackles yet they keep him as starting hooker when egan is the best we have got
Peach plays 80 minutes its always rocks or diamonds HE IS NOT A FULLBACK Massive coaching blunder Even Dallin in his ear after scoring twice from 10 metres out with 8 attackers on same side Katoa backwards stupid stuff to slow Dallin must be fullback give egan his chance Tamou to start We need maloney fit like i said he should not have played after origin but we all thought the staff new better pff

hindy111

Post Whore
Ciraldo record will end like this more then likely

Miracle win in golden point
Loss to knights
Loss to NZ
Loss th Storm
Out first week finals

Should of kept Hook imo and let him finish the year. If what I stated happens it looks like a real disaster.

Pomoz

Bench
Rubbish. We went sideways all day & tried to offload at stupid times.

Most people whinged we were too conservative under Hook. The complete opposite for most of today.
To be fair martielang, that loss has been coming for weeks. We looked no different today as we did under Hook for the last two months. The sacking will obviously have impacted the players and distracted them, but what we saw on the field we have seen before under Hook. I agree, the tenacity was missing, but the loose, ill disciplined effort and directionless attack was vintage Hook.

Cleary not able to create tries is where we were last year, when we had the worst attack in the NRL in the red zone. It was no coincidence that when Carty came on at the end of the season, things started to happen in attack, in spite of his other deficiencies, because he has the x factor and the vision. Cleary struggles with that unless we have created broken play and he can run into space. Ponga run to the line and did a perfect grubber that created a try. He saw the gap. Cleary doesn't see that gap. More importantly, he doesn't organise players with decoy runners so he has options to pass to, he just shovels it out the back.

Poor old Maloney was given heaps last week when he passed to Kikau and got him outside his man. "Just a standard halfback pass, nothing special", many people said. Is it? Is it really that easy? I would have loved to have seen that today......