What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals week two, Rabbitohs v Dragons, Saturday 15th September 7:40pm @ ANZ Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Line Up - Finals Week 2 vs Dragons: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/09/11/line-up-semi-final-dragons/

Line Up Reaction Show - Dragons: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/09/11/line-up-reaction-show-finals-week-two/

Pretty pleased with that, I think it's very good to keep the same 17 together at this time of year and I just hope that Seibs better utilises the bench for this week.

Great to see Nicholls back and I'd say Tracey is there as a bit of cover for Reyno. Not saying he'll play if Reyno is out, it just gives us options.

Rabbits20

Immortal
No he doesn’t have better stats , Munster has the stats that count

Grand Finals

Munster 2
Cody 0

Premierships

Munster 1
Cody 0

SOO Matches

Munster 4
Cody 0

Australian Matches

Munster 2
Cody 0

Finals wins

Munster 7
Cody 0

Munster 23
Cody 28

Head to head

Munster 4
Cody 1

Points differential H2H Games

Munster +58
Cody -58

Game on the line H2H

Munster 2018 Semi - Kicks winning FG

Cody 2016 - Up 14-12 with 2 minutes to go , Cody gives Melbourne a penalty whilst we had possession for a Shepard . Melbourne go own to kick a PG to go to GP then win by a FG

Winning are the only stats that matter and Munster is streets ahead
What company has Munster been playing with....??

Answer me that?

Billy Cooper and Cameron... that says it all.......

I wouldn’t swap Cody with Munster for the world...

Cody has grown into a really really good 5/8 at NRL level....

Rabbits20

Immortal
That GI try was all Jennings , it was a lucky pass that rolled to him and Jenning got tackled but got miracle pass away. Cody had no involvement. Same as the Murray try that was all Cam

Let’s not forget Cody through the pass that went to ground too far ahead of GI that saw GI get killed by Vunavalu and gave them possession. Next set they went wide , Cody rushes in and misses a tackle they score off the overlap .

Then the Storms next try came from Billy getting on his outside and Cody not tackling him before he basketball passes to the tryscorer

But hey he had A nice run and one try assist
I’m far more concerned with Alex Johnston and Sam Burgess going into Saturday!

Alex needs to make more metres and he needs to fix up his positional play as the past few weeks it has been at park football level. It’s about time he gave us a good game and looked confident and mistake free under the high ball too!

Sam needs to to not get baited by Sims or Graham.

Everyone needs to lift but we need big improvements from Sam and AJ. Those 2 lift we win!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Great news we have Sutton the SOO ref.!
Did Klein get the other game?
Not sure havent looked yet but Dragons fans were messaging me this arvo saying shit they didn’t want Gerard Sutton.

Absolutely spot on re Cecchin by the way Clive. Couldn’t agree more. I think many Souths members were praying we didn’t get Cecchin.

Edit..... yep Klein and Gee have the other game.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
In the crowd watch thread on LU some posters have said Dragons tickets have quite a number of seats left but for Souths it’s only single seats left in category 1 and apparently we are packing level 4 out too. The indication thus far is we are outnumbering em... doesn’t mean we get f**king complacent though..... to guys tossing and turning over it get the f**k out there and let’s make this massive and show WHY WE ARE THE PRIDE OF THE LEAGUE THE PRIDE OF THE LEAGUE!!

They believe just under 20k tickets have been sold thus far. Add on corporates plus others who will buy tickets later in the week plus fans who get them at the gate.

I’m gonna say we will get low to mid 40’s there.

Deserves 50k but don’t think we will get it.

thebrow

Juniors
What company has Munster been playing with....??

Answer me that?

Billy Cooper and Cameron... that says it all.......

I wouldn’t swap Cody with Munster for the world...

Cody has grown into a really really good 5/8 at NRL level....
Yeah because playing with GI , Sam , Cook , Gagai , the Twins , Sutton , Angus and Cam is shit

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Not sure havent looked yet but Dragons fans were messaging me this arvo saying shit they didn’t want Gerard Sutton.

Absolutely spot on re Cecchin by the way Clive. Couldn’t agree more. I think many Souths members were praying we didn’t get Cecchin.

Edit..... yep Klein and Gee have the other game.
Many dragons and souffs fans have messaged me with conclusive evidence that Checcin was behind a certain grassy knoll in Dallas one fine day in the 1960s. This will have huge ramifications for the financial markets. Stay tuned.

ThingFish

Juniors
Many dragons and souffs fans have messaged me with conclusive evidence that Checcin was behind a certain grassy knoll in Dallas one fine day in the 1960s. This will have huge ramifications for the financial markets. Stay tuned.
If Checcin is truly bias against The Bunnies AND The V, I’d love to see him mentally breakdown reffing us both:joy: It would be his 7th level of hell:japanese_ogre:

CliveC

Juniors
If Checcin is truly bias against The Bunnies AND The V, I’d love to see him mentally breakdown reffing us both:joy: It would be his 7th level of hell:japanese_ogre:
A bit hard though mate,just glad he isn't getting a whistle!
Remember the WC game last year when he blew Tonga out of the final?
When I watched this years SOO I was very impressed with Suttons performances barely noticed him on the field.
THAT is the mark of a good ref!

thebrow

Juniors
Checcin is a bitch!
So glad to get the no.1 ref! oops!
https://afltables.com/rl/misc/Matt_Cecchin.html

Checchin is great for Souths. He is biased in favour of Souths , we win 54% of games under him compared to 43% of games during that same period . That’s 11% positive and the most positive any club has under him.

St George are 4% worse off under him.

It’s a shame we didn’t get him

Sonic Star

Juniors
https://afltables.com/rl/misc/Matt_Cecchin.html

Checchin is great for Souths. He is biased in favour of Souths , we win 54% of games under him compared to 43% of games during that same period . That’s 11% positive and the most positive any club has under him.

St George are 4% worse off under him.

It’s a shame we didn’t get him

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good argument

What’s our record under Sutton?