What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

rednwhites

Juniors
Would love to blame Mary for that loss but he did very well to prepare the team for that match, as with last week. I'm a at a bit of loss to make heads or tails of that season.

I know the players love Mary but I definitely hope we are looking for a coach that can get us up in the top 4 where we can give the comp a shake.

Saints111

Juniors
Mary has delivered the one (albeit a very good one) semi final victory. He has otherwise provided us with mid season leads and late season fades. The highest regular season finish being 7th.

Anyone who considers this or any other year to be a success must work on the board.

These are the cold hard facts. He will never deliver a premiership.

Please, for the love of God, please sack Mary.

Straight Shooter
And piss off ben hunt. The master coach wouldn't have dropped him nor played him at dummy for no reason, he wouldn't have let him go either. If bennet couldn't get the best of him, what makes us think our super coach mcidiot will.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Mary has delivered the one (albeit a very good one) semi final victory. He has otherwise provided us with mid season leads and late season fades. The highest regular season finish being 7th.

Anyone who considers this or any other year to be a success must work on the board.

These are the cold hard facts. He will never deliver a premiership.

Please, for the love of God, please sack Mary.

Straight Shooter
Just can't see it happening now, it should despite the last 2 weeks, but it won't.

Dragonforlife

Juniors
Just can't see it happening now, it should despite the last 2 weeks, but it won't.
Great effort from the boys. But I would of like to see a better rotation off the bench. As usual poor judgment from McJetski, Why play speedstar Jai Field only for the last 10 minutes. I would’ve love to see Jai come on with 15 to go in first half and the last 15. Dragons for life. Very proud of the effort considering every pr...k wrote us off.

SET2JT

Juniors
Dis
Great effort from the boys. But I would of like to see a better rotation off the bench. As usual poor judgment from McJetski, Why play speedstar Jai Field only for the last 10 minutes. I would’ve love to see Jai come on with 15 to go in first half and the last 15. Dragons for life. Very proud of the effort considering every pr...k wrote us off.
Disagree. I would have gone with an extra forward. We had no quick play the balls for any of our backs to do anything.

SET2JT

Juniors
Can't sack him. We had a great year. 2 points off first place. Pushed the Rabbits all the way in the finals.
To win a comp you need luck. In 2010 we had a fully fit team to the end. If sowy and Weyman went down in the finals we would never have won the comp even with Bennett.

rednwhites

Juniors
Can't sack him. We had a great year. 2 points off first place. Pushed the Rabbits all the way in the finals.
To win a comp you need luck. In 2010 we had a fully fit team to the end. If sowy and Weyman went down in the finals we would never have won the comp even with Bennett.

Mate that was his fifth year effectively working with the team and he has them getting belted 38-0 by cellar teams when they should be cementing the hard work done in the year. We had great luck with injury for most of the year but there were players that needed resting that weren't - Frizell, JDB, Dufty just to name a few. Some of our up and comers had good ends to the year. Imagine if they had gotten more game time throughout the year. They'd be spoken about like the Murray's, Ramien's and Radley's if the competition.

SET2JT

Juniors
Mate that was his fifth year effectively working with the team and he has them getting belted 38-0 by cellar teams when they should be cementing the hard work done in the year. We had great luck with injury for most of the year but there were players that needed resting that weren't - Frizell, JDB, Dufty just to name a few. Some of our up and comers had good ends to the year. Imagine if they had gotten more game time throughout the year. They'd be spoken about like the Murray's, Ramien's and Radley's if the competition.
Everyone likes to look at the negatives. What about the fact when we had our full team we beat the Storm first time in i cant remember how many years. We smashed the Roosters Anzac day. Beat the Rabbits at home. Beat the Sharks twice. And put 48 points on the Broncos in Qld. 2 points in the beginning of the year is worth the same as at the end of the year. You cant play that aggressive line speed and hitting every round. I knew we will be ok when we got to the finals were everyone else thought we would get smashed. We had 1.5 mill on the sidline plus Sims 2nd half aswell only lost in the last 20 sec.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
But but we got to finals, ask Dufty.

Poor form just teasing.

Better season than expected IMO, thought you would do worse.

rednwhites

Juniors
Everyone likes to look at the negatives. What about the fact when we had our full team we beat the Storm first time in i cant remember how many years. We smashed the Roosters Anzac day. Beat the Rabbits at home. Beat the Sharks twice. And put 48 points on the Broncos in Qld. 2 points in the beginning of the year is worth the same as at the end of the year. You cant play that aggressive line speed and hitting every round. I knew we will be ok when we got to the finals were everyone else thought we would get smashed. We had 1.5 mill on the sidline plus Sims 2nd half aswell only lost in the last 20 sec.

I hope you can appreciate I don't enjoy looking at the negatives. I wish they weren't there. If this was a season in isolation I'd be happy. But it's not. This is about winning premierships otherwise I'd take that on my merry way. This was just another version of a coaching and selection strategy that doesn't work. We haven't finished anywhere near the top 4 in the last 7 seasons, 4.5 of them under this guy. That's realistically where you need to be to win.

I didn't want to end up bagging the coach tonight. There is plenty of time for that when reality of watching 4 other teams go around for the next two weeks sets in. Just be careful not to chase mediocrity.