What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Tigers

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
In the last couple of weeks I have noticed that I changed the way in which I watch Panther games.
In the past I would yell and scream at every penalty against us, I would moan at every dropped ball and wayward pass.
Now I just chant my new mantra "Dumbest team ever, dumbest team ever, dumbest team ever".
It seems to help.

Pomoz

Bench
Within five minutes it was obvious Whare and Kikau weren't fit, (which was always a distinct possibility given their injuries) so picking Fui condemned us to have the slowest team in the NRL, possibly in the last ten years. Marshal and Farah are too smart not to notice that and carved us up easily. It really was embarrassing to watch and incompetent coaching of the highest order.

Cleary really has a problem in using lower graders, he always defaults to the tried and trusted established players regardless of form. Don't quote Edwards to me because he wasn't a truly established first grader and was easy to drop. But how have Mansour and RCG kept their places?

As for the board, they insisted on removing Hook in spite of what Gus said and then hired Cleary in spite of what Gus said. They have no experience in running a football team or in coaching and ignored somebody who has. It is so Penrith. it is why the club has been so bad over 40+ years. Small town, small business, jobs for the boys mentality. Bennet sacked Wally Lewis, he let Civoniceva go. There is no room for nepotism in sport, or business. The results of it are there to see at our club right now.

Kilkenny

Coach
I said before the game I was not sure who was most to blame for our start to this season.

I only watched the first half, had to go to a show given I am in Perth so probably mercifully I didn’t have to endure the second half.

While we have had our issues over the last few seasons under Griffin it is hard to reconcile how the same group of players can be performing so poorly 9 rounds into this season.

It is the obvious solution to call for mass changes but that simply isn’t possible.

In a time like this I don’t see anything to be gained by bagging certain individuals given it is clear the blame should be shared across the entire club.

What is clear is that it is time for an entire rebuild of our roster and if that means writing off this season so be it.

Ivan is here to stay whether you like it or not, as is his son as our half back, so we need to do whatever is necessary to address the issues based on Ivan not Gus who is gone.

I don’t think Ivan is capable of coaching the side and taking on the responsibilities of what Gus did but that is what we are stuck with for the foreseeable future.

Exsilium

First Grade
Ivan Cleary has never been one to make drastic changes. If he does, maybe there’s hope.

We’re slow, unfit, I’ll disciplined and frustrated. Not sure an Ivan pep talk will fix that.

Bodhi

Juniors
Agree with a lot of the posters above, Mansour, Maloney and Fuimaono need to be dropped at the bare minimum. Maybe RCG too.

Sauce has been a great servant of this club and pains to see him struggle, at times it was looking like he was running in slow motion. He should be dropped for Edwards.
What’s with Maloney and his stupid penalties?? He’s been playing first grade for so long, you’d think he’d know better. Sharks and Roosters had quality on the park to cover his dirty work I guess... Luai should come in for him.
Fuimaono to the reserves. Centre might not be his preferred position but by God, he was awful! Blake should be a straight swap.

Kilkenny

Coach
Everyone is just missing the obvious.

Tonight’s performance or lack thereof is not about one or two individuals it is a much larger issue not least being the coach and chairman of the board.

Gus knew the direction we needed to take and he was undermined.

Do we honestly believe we would be where we are now if Wayne Bennett was in charge.

Abacus

Juniors

Tonight’s performance or lack thereof is not about one or two individuals it is a much larger issue not least being the coach and chairman of the board.

Do we honestly believe we would be where we are now if Wayne Bennett was in charge.
I don't think anyone is missing this point. However, there are team changes that need to be made and can/should be no-brainers.

Change of Dave and his mate is unrealistic in the short term. Needs to happen but it will take time.

Abacus

Juniors
There was some shit calls in that game, no two ways about it. Also the team played poorly. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Sure thing Frog. My point was focusing on a couple of dud calls and ignoring the team performance is called having your head up your arse.

martielang

Bench
Realistically though, half our squad is injured or underdone, not sure there’s too many drastic changes that can be made.

Luai for Maloney, Blake, Sele, Winterstein back. RCG for Lui Toso?

What else can be done?

Royce is King

Juniors
Dear Nathans Dad

As a parent group we would like to thank you for trying to help coach the boys team...... but we feel someone like Jimmy's dad......... who hates rugby league, knows nothing about the game, and says that he does not want to coach at all........will do a better job

Regards

The other parents.

BxTom

Bench

Agree. The players are not happy. They're on strike.

franklin2323

Immortal
Realistically though, half our squad is injured or underdone, not sure there’s too many drastic changes that can be made.

Luai for Maloney, Blake, Sele, Winterstein back. RCG for Lui Toso?

What else can be done?

Fill our remaining too spots as well with young guys and Mansour goes