What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
That’s Semi’s side .
ph34r

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s honestly bewildering to think we let fergo go, (due to supposed shot knees) and have signed an old hooker to replace one that’s about to enter his prime.
I don't think experience is as valuable in a winger as it is in the bloke who touches the ball more than any other merkin on the field.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I recall Simonsson had 2 or 3 cracker games for The Faiders at fullback and was terrific on the wing. Good signing I reckon. Hodgson on the other hand? Wasnt he dropped for overplaying his hand and stifling the teams attack? Wasnt he also accused of being disruprive in his actions following his relegation. Is he good for our culture?Given BA likes his 9s shovelling the ball to his halfs it looks a weird signing for mine. If Rheeds shoulder is considered suspect what would you say about Hodgsons knees and him being 10 years older? On the surface it appears a return to when BA was solely making recruitment decisions before we got professional. I guess we will see. I hope they havent panicked.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Well, going back a fair while, this is how the news that Parra was signing Steve Edge as greeted by some.

Should adopt a wait and see on this signing, if Hands and others are good enough, we have experience to guide them.
I think Edge was 29/30 in 81. Also wasnt he a premership winning captain. A very different game then and a massive difference between Gibbo and Brthur. I wish him well. I reckon its a huge gamble though.

JokerEel

Coach
Depends what we paid. He has had 2 season ending knee injuries in the last 4 or 5 seasons hasn't he? I would prefer Verrils.
You have to ask yourself why Canberra where so keen to offload him. He was their best player for 3 or 4yrs in a row. That is my concern.

Canberra also offloaded Thier previous beat players as well all being English..

gaffer

Juniors
I recall Simonsson had 2 or 3 cracker games for The Faiders at fullback and was terrific on the wing. Good signing I reckon. Hodgson on the other hand? Wasnt he dropped for overplaying his hand and stifling the teams attack? Wasnt he also accused of being disruprive in his actions following his relegation. Is he good for our culture?Given BA likes his 9s shovelling the ball to his halfs it looks a weird signing for mine. If Rheeds shoulder is considered suspect what would you say about Hodgsons knees and him being 10 years older? On the surface it appears a return to when BA was solely making recruitment decisions before we got professional. I guess we will see. I hope they havent panicked.
with shot knees he wont be doing much running from the play the ball just the way BA likes it

hindy111

Post Whore
It’s honestly bewildering to think we let fergo go, (due to supposed shot knees) and have signed an old hooker to replace one that’s about to enter his prime.

It's a lot easier to replace a winger. Amd a winger plays a more physical game imo where speed and acceleration is one of the most important parts to your game.

If a hooker can be crafty and smart and defend well he can still add plenty. Issue with Hodgson is how his body is.

King-Gutho94

Coach
As an aside, just been at Forster for 3 days, not much rain and very nice days. However, petrol was between $1.49 per litre to $1.59 in the area. Just got back to $1.89 here, always thought that distance would put the price up outside the metro area, seems like profiteering or similar in Sydney.
I drove past the Ampol at seven hills on abbott road today on my way to work.

$2.06 a litre for unleaded bloody crazy.

Also the Adblue will be a major issue next year for truckies i work for a transport company and they are already panicking about this as the orders are 2 weeks behind and fear they may run out

Latest posts