What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
I'm also a little surprised about the Tariq Sims interest. I know people at Saints and earlier this year they were going to drop him before he made Origin. He will not be coming for small money either. Surely signing Ice and giving him close to the $600K mark would have been the better bet?

I'm all for experience but you'd want to bank on these younger backrowers like Luca Moretti stepping up once players like Sims move on.

Smells of panic buying to me.

King-Gutho94

Coach
My mate who is a chooks fan texted me reckons Hodgson will be good for us his experience and the fact he wont be playing under Ricky.

Said Roosters signed cronk when he was 34 on way more money then hodgo. And the roosters were salivating over it.

My response was big difference was cronk hadn't done 2 ACL's and had not yet showed signs of decline he won a comp in his final year at storm as well.

Amazing what a few premierships does to a fans mindset.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I'm also a little surprised about the Tariq Sims interest. I know people at Saints and earlier this year they were going to drop him before he made Origin. He will not be coming for small money either. Surely signing Ice and giving him close to the $600K mark would have been the better bet?

I'm all for experience but you'd want to bank on these younger backrowers like Luca Moretti stepping up once players like Sims move on.

Smells of panic buying to me.
Absolutely it does.

If what had happened to us this off season had happened to another team we would be laughing at them what a joke they are.

Everyone thinks we are laughing stock again. I disagree with that but certainly our reputation has taken a hit

Anyway just hope it works out. If we are near the bottom of table in 2023 the members will be baying for blood for this board and recruitment committee

hindy111

Post Whore
I drove past the Ampol at seven hills on abbott road today on my way to work.

$2.06 a litre for unleaded bloody crazy.

Also the Adblue will be a major issue next year for truckies i work for a transport company and they are already panicking about this as the orders are 2 weeks behind and fear they may run out

My Dads always going on about petrol prices. Sounds like you rabbits could have a chat with him.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah tariq sims.

We are winding the clock back to 2011 signing players 30 plus only

Yeah it does smell of desperation. Losing good young talent. Letting guys like Stefano go, Papa,Mahoney.
Bringing in the pensioners. I hope its just due to some excellent juniors about to bust onto the scene. I hope we haven't paid over for old men and will lose even more good kids.

lucablight

First Grade
When we don’t re-sign Paulo it’s because he’s going to be past it in a few years. When we sign old man Hodgson it’s because he’s experienced.

When we don’t re-sign Mahoney it’s because he has shoulder issues which might hamper his career. Then we sign Hodgson who has knee issues and it doesn’t matter even though that’s one of the reasons why the Raiders are fine with him leaving.

There are mental gymnastics for all positions.

IFR33K

Coach
Mate, it would just be some seafood and a beer. I could also listen to you whinge for a few hours on behalf of the other forum members. There'd be no time to satisfy your fetishes.

I’m a little concerned if you did have the time….

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah it does smell of desperation. Losing good young talent. Letting guys like Stefano go, Papa,Mahoney.
Bringing in the pensioners. I hope its just due to some excellent juniors about to bust onto the scene. I hope we haven't paid over for old men and will lose even more good kids.
Anything more then 400k for hodgson and its a disaster imo. At least anything under that isnt taking up huge chunk of space

Incorrect

Coach
When we don’t re-sign Paulo it’s because he’s going to be past it in a few years. When we sign old man Hodgson it’s because he’s experienced.

When we don’t re-sign Mahoney it’s because he has shoulder issues which might hamper his career. Then we sign Hodgson who has knee issues and it doesn’t matter even though that’s one of the reasons why the Raiders are fine with him leaving.

Amen brother...

hindy111

Post Whore

My concern is we are potentially in panic mode. It is easy to think we are pass that stage. But some guys want to save their job and rather then have a 1 or 2yr rebuild and bad seasons before a strong set up again they may chose to have a side that is capable of making finals and doing zero in them but enough to keep them in the payroll.

I reckon we you'd be foolish to not think this is a possibility. It is why so many clubs struggle for so long. Selfish people trying to get a quick fix.
BAs head will be in chop block in 2023 and if he has a rebuilding squad and finishes bottom 3 he maybe on way out.

Chipmunk

Coach
As an aside, just been at Forster for 3 days, not much rain and very nice days. However, petrol was between $1.49 per litre to $1.59 in the area. Just got back to $1.89 here, always thought that distance would put the price up outside the metro area, seems like profiteering or similar in Sydney.
People don't earn as much in Forster, which is why the price of petrol in Canberra ìs around the same as Sydney, even though Canberra is about the same distance as Forster from Sydney.

It also likely costs more to build a house in Forster than it does in Sydney, yet the price to buy the two places aren't even close to the same ball park.

hindy111

Post Whore
The fact we now have an old man as our hooker untill the end of 2025 suggest we do not rate Hands or Schneider highly.

Reactions: Ck9