What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponga Appreciation Thread.

Jono078

Referee
Anyone think Ponga is calling Wayne back for another meeting after that half 👀
Just wanted to clarify - this was not a shot at Ponga but rather the circus we were in the first half and him possibly wanting to get out while he still can!

Knight Tales

Juniors
I bet all you haterz feels dumb after that try from our fearless leader

yOu cAlL yOurSelf faNs!!
Feel free to edit out all the hot garbage he has produced so far.
He has produced hot garbage up to that point.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
I’m going to change the pace just slightly…

I don’t have a source but this sounds about right without going through each game;

In the past 2 years Ponga has gone off for 5 HIA. Is this a concern to you that we’re are paying over 1m to someone who is targeted heavily and will likely go again multiple times this season for a HIA?

I was startled but not shocked when I read that. I wonder if those things are ever taken into consideration. That’s also not taking into account other injuries which cause him to lose game time.

Is this why he doesn’t return the ball as often because he is trying to preserve himself?

Sir Galahad

Juniors
I’m going to change the pace just slightly…

I don’t have a source but this sounds about right without going through each game;

In the past 2 years Ponga has gone off for 5 HIA. Is this a concern to you that we’re are paying over 1m to someone who is targeted heavily and will likely go again multiple times this season for a HIA?

I was startled but not shocked when I read that. I wonder if those things are ever taken into consideration. That’s also not taking into account other injuries which cause him to lose game time.

Is this why he doesn’t return the ball as often because he is trying to preserve himself?
There was a game he played for the Cowgirls prior to arriving at the Knights, Ponga was very obviously injured ( arm hanging by his side ) during the game and played like it.

Coach Green was scathing, something I've seldom heard from a coach about a player - basically saying he needed to man up.

IMO anyone who plays NRL is a tough bugger, but in a land of tough buggers Ponga is a cat.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Opposition supporters like to think Ponga is fair game. There is genuine concern about the impacts of concussion and developing CTE post-career but I have seen repeated talk from genuine low-lifes on this forum about how Ponga deserves to get hit in the head and if he doesn’t take it he’s a cat.

Case in point there are scum Sharks fans that to this day celebrate that scrub thug Townsend driving his shoulder into Ponga’s head when he wasn’t expecting it. I wonder how much they would celebrate Nicho Hynes being whacked in the head? Would they say the same thing about it being a tough game and Nicho needs to deal with it? Get real they would be calling for blood.

So no I don’t think Ponga deserves less pay because thugs want to put cheap shots on him. The solution is to rub thugs out of the game for longer, that is if the NRL is actually genuine about confronting the threat of concussion.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Really? Nowhere near hey...

ff9e9439fecf0bfdeaca026c813c6b30

Burwood

Bench
Look at the video and not a single frame. Townsend was charged with a grade 3 shoulder charge. Ponga played the full 80 minutes and didn’t even go off for an HIA. The shoulder of Townsend was not driven into Ponga’s head.

Apey

Staff member
Opposition supporters like to think Ponga is fair game. There is genuine concern about the impacts of concussion and developing CTE post-career but I have seen repeated talk from genuine low-lifes on this forum about how Ponga deserves to get hit in the head and if he doesn’t take it he’s a cat.

Case in point there are scum Sharks fans that to this day celebrate that scrub thug Townsend driving his shoulder into Ponga’s head when he wasn’t expecting it. I wonder how much they would celebrate Nicho Hynes being whacked in the head? Would they say the same thing about it being a tough game and Nicho needs to deal with it? Get real they would be calling for blood.

So no I don’t think Ponga deserves less pay because thugs want to put cheap shots on him. The solution is to rub thugs out of the game for longer, that is if the NRL is actually genuine about confronting the threat of concussion.
Welcome to the forum.

Jono078

Referee
Exclusive? Billy could've come on here and read my posts over the last 2 years, about how much it shits me and how often we concede those kind of tries.

Jono078

Referee
I mean I can understand what he's saying. Ponga sometimes touches the ball in not so great positions and then tries to force something good.

The key is getting him in better positions to receive the ball and then those around him providing good options.

If there's anything he needs to do less of, it's hovering around the ruck and over-running the man with the ball and putting himself out of play. Also less defending in the line and being better positioned to clean up kicks.

Latest posts