What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Knights

mickeylane

Bench
The question is how many plodders at any one time can we fit into 17 positions?

Mc Cullough, Simms, Ford, Lawrie, Mybe (due to being totally out of position) = 27% of the team that takes the field so no wonder we struggle.

Then if you add a player or 3 down on form (Lomax, Hunt, Rava) you get to just short of 50% not playing up to acceptable standard.

It is to be hoped that Sullivan, Burns, Maguire, Burgess all make their way into the top grade shortly and then our fortunes might change and allow us the luxury of putting game time into Sloan & Amone
Are we allowed to bring in reserve players listed at 19,20,21,22 etc into the top 18 team list before kick off or only as injury replacement? Im not clear on the rules..

TruSaint

Referee
I'm with you KK, I've tried to support Hook and the team hoping all would come good, but the selections are just mind numbingly poor. Sorry, just get rid of the idiot.

We may well win this, but that will only paper over the cracks.

He is out of his depth. The game has moved on and he should as well.
Funny that he was re-signed to ensure " stability " for player contracts. I wonder how Sloane / Amone etc are feeling.

1 win from our last 14 makes Mary look like Bennett.

Old Timer

Coach
Are we allowed to bring in reserve players listed at 19,20,21,22 etc into the top 18 team list before kick off or only as injury replacement? Im not clear on the rules..
TBH Mickey I'm not 100% sure either.

My best guess is that you name the squad and at the appointed day and hour before game day reduce it down to whatever it is to comply with NRL rules.

Then at the next appointed day and hour before game day you further reduce the team to comply with NRL rules.

Then on game day at the appropriate hour before the game starts you finalise the final 18 players.

Now what happens if someone breaks a leg in the dressing room after that time is a mystery to me.

Crush

Coach
We may well win this, but that will only paper over the cracks.

He is out of his depth. The game has moved on and he should as well.
Funny that he was re-signed to ensure " stability " for player contracts. I wonder how Sloane / Amone etc are feeling.

It’s cracks me up when people call for patience, same people will scream TOLDYA when we win a few games. I’ll be happy with Hook when he gets his win rate over 50%
What’s it at currently? Maybe 30%?

Spazer

Juniors
Out of our 6 current youngsters I think only the Feagais and maybe Sullivan are ready for the top level stuff, and two of those players are struggling for game time due to injuries.

I don't think Hook will bring Sloan into the starting side until after the anzac clash once our draw opens up a bit, same with Amone barring injuries. I don't agree with it but that's how it's looking.

As for Ramsey I don't think he is nrl standard, maybe in time but right now he doesn't offer enough. He could be better on the right but with Rav there I don't see Cody getting that spot.

Hooks selections have been trash but at least feagai is getting some time in firsts, and could develop a nice combo with Suli. Sullivan imo should be next in line for the 6 jumper.

justadragon

Bench
can you believe this club, we actually have to hope for a loss to achieve major changes, what a dire and poor situation to be in, its really tough to be a dragons supporter, just wears you down after so many year, especially as a member you have such little voice on anything.

Walpole

Juniors
It’s cracks me up when people call for patience, same people will scream TOLDYA when we win a few games. I’ll be happy with Hook when he gets his win rate over 50%
What’s it at currently? Maybe 30%?
Here's some perspective - since Hook took over he has a 9-20 record (8-16 last season, 1-4 this year). They'd need to win 11 games in a row for him to be at 50%...

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I seem to remember a couple of years back when Easts lost their half back yet despite all their talent in their star studded squad I think they came in about third last.

Irrespective of whose fault last year’s BBQ was etc…. I’m not convinced any of the so called ‘competition’s top coaches’ would have won any of Saints’ remains games last year once the suspensions were handed down by the NRL. Just my opinion.

Crush

Coach
I seem to remember a couple of years back when Easts lost their half back yet despite all their talent in their star studded squad I think they came in about third last.

Irrespective of whose fault last year’s BBQ was etc…. I’m not convinced any of the so called ‘competition’s top coaches’ would have won any of Saints’ remains games last year once the suspensions were handed down by the NRL. Just my opinion.
Didn’t Easts have a huge injury toll last year?
And still come 4th?

9-20 record, damn….

BLM01

First Grade
Out of our 6 current youngsters I think only the Feagais and maybe Sullivan are ready for the top level stuff, and two of those players are struggling for game time due to injuries.

I don't think Hook will bring Sloan into the starting side until after the anzac clash once our draw opens up a bit, same with Amone barring injuries. I don't agree with it but that's how it's looking.

As for Ramsey I don't think he is nrl standard, maybe in time but right now he doesn't offer enough. He could be better on the right but with Rav there I don't see Cody getting that spot.

Hooks selections have been trash but at least feagai is getting some time in firsts, and could develop a nice combo with Suli. Sullivan imo should be next in line for the 6 jumper.
I have to disagree. What I have seen thus far of Cody just this year, he has more spark and speed than Feagai. Just my opinion

Yow

Juniors
I think you can then trim down to 19 players 24 hours before match final 17 hour before match

Love it. Maybe some of you knockers may be now wishing Mary was still here. One thing is certain.. he'd see that his poor selections were not bearing fruit and change them before too much damage was done. The bloke was a true believer.. he bled red and white like us diehards. Griffin is blind to anything other than backing the blokes he brought with him.

Latest posts