What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6: Eels v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium 18/4/22

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe we are yet to get hot too?

Its April .... smart people still have us top 5 in their power rankings

We are missing good players.

Blake was in our top 5 each week
Jnr is in our top 5 players
Sivo once fit still adds more then any winger we have

hindy111

Post Whore
If they were superior they would’ve scored more tries this year. They didn’t even score more tries than us yesterday ffs.

The fact was we were complacent. That’s all the explanation you need. There’s no requirement to spin some narrative about moral failings. Stop being a coward and get your hopes up. We can win big games and the finals are something you should be looking forward to you gutless dog merkins.

I don't care that much. It is just a game of footy. Just is my opinion. BA is a one trick pony and won't win shit. Moses will never ice a game cause he just doesn't seem to have that energy about him. Nothing to do with skill.
Brady wasn't the most skilfully he was just clutch and has some sort of energy around him. Then you had losers like Rodgers who are far more talented but they seem to choke when it counts. Granted he did win one bowl but most the time the guy choked.

This is more about spirituality and the universe. I feel like nothing will change with BA and that Moses just wasn't born to win. Doesn't have the right energy around him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't care that much. It is just a game of footy. Just is my opinion. BA is a one trick pony and won't win shit. Moses will never ice a game cause he just doesn't seem to have that energy about him. Nothing to do with skill.
Brady wasn't the most skilfully he was just clutch and has some sort of energy around him. Then you had losers like Rodgers who are far more talented but they seem to choke when it counts. Granted he did win one bowl but most the time the guy choked.

This is more about spirituality and the universe. I feel like nothing will change with BA and that Moses just wasn't born to win. Doesn't have the right energy around him.

I'm not sure Moses can win us a Premiership, either.

Super talented player - but he lacks that authoritative aura about him, imo.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I'm not sure Moses can win us a Premiership, either.

Super talented player - but he lacks that authoritative aura about him, imo.
Yeah look ill give mitch benefit of doubt for yesterday.

But it is concerning. I thought at end of 2020 he didn't have it in him.

He has slowly won me over with his control and composure in his kicking game last 18 months.

But he hasn't nailed a FG yet in a clutch moment for a while. Escaped in Melbourne with it hitting the post and ray stone chasing. Yesterday he made a balls up of it.

And has now missed some high pressure possible game deciding goal kicks he probably should be kicking in the past 3 years.

Gazzamatta

Coach
It was the "game of the year' according to twitter.

Our two loses this year have been on the bell (79th minute). That sucks.

In pre-game warm ups, Moses practices his field goals a the northern end in front of us. He's got a issue of straying to the right from right in front too many times for it to be bad luck. Vs Dragons and Tigers he went for FGs and strayed to the right. Do better f**ker, you're stressing me out.
That pre game warm up by the backs and Rheed is almost laughable although it was once a game of force em backs with the ball boys. Nice to see Murph take charge.

lingard

Coach
Just got back home from the game.

I hope we can exact revenge in Rd 17 in their jungle, in front of a packed crowd and their old boys

We should be a top 2 side by then as we charge full throttle towards the finals
Um..... the game finished yesterday. Where the hell have you been?

lucablight

First Grade
Unlike you I don’t think coaching is visible to people watching from the sidelines on game day. There are so many moving parts the only thing we are remotely qualified to judge are player performances. You could argue that coaching is evident when a player joins your club and improves, or when he leaves and dies in the arse. But even then I think everyone just looks better with better team mates and worse surrounded by nuffies.
You don’t think coaching is having a visible effect on the Sharks this season so far?

yy_cheng

Coach
Disappointing as the loss was - and it was -, I'd rather lose a game like this in April, than in September.

Credit to the Tigers - they played out of their skins.

We barely reached 60% of our best form, and lost by 2 on the buzzer.

We probably shouldn't have lost - but we shouldn't have made 10 errors by half time, either.

Put simply, we were complacent - we thought we'd beat the Tigers simply by showing up.

They pulled our pants down. It happens.

Tell you what - if I was a Newcastle fan, I'd be nervous...
We were complacent when the team was chosen last tuesday

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Anyone who thinks we are a well coached side are playing with themselves, outside of chasing the collisions and effort areas we have nothing. We had enough ball to win 3 games against the Tigers no less. We couldn’t even break down the worst team in the league.

Latest posts