What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6: Eels v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium 18/4/22

hindy111

Post Whore
Dragons gave up cos we were giving them a good old analing .... shall i just say every good panthers win is nothing cos opposition gave up? No

We beat melbourne in melbourne - dont care if harry wasnt playing they still had a shit hot team .... its no easy feat

If we were poor against sharks then they were poor too ... cos they beat us on the buzzer .... so the sharks are hardly any better than us, tho people talk em up

Im not saying we are good but we are still up there ... and its april ffs

I agree with everyone, penrith and melbourne are the benchmark ... but we are as good as the other teams and can compete with melb and the riff

Let's see
Penrith and Syorm haven't gotten HOT yet
Des will work on his tactics as will other coaches. Sides will improve.

I've been critical of this in past. How we start the season is as good as we get. There will be no change in tactics. This is it.
I reckon once other sides start to warm up we may go on a slide down ladder.

Dare I say HEADLINE - Whats the matter Parramata could make an appearance.

strider

Post Whore
Let's see
Penrith and Syorm haven't gotten HOT yet
Des will work on his tactics as will other coaches. Sides will improve.

I've been critical of this in past. How we start the season is as good as we get. There will be no change in tactics. This is it.
I reckon once other sides start to warm up we may go on a slide down ladder.

Dare I say HEADLINE - Whats the matter Parramata could make an appearance.
Maybe we are yet to get hot too?

Its April .... smart people still have us top 5 in their power rankings

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It didn’t matter who was in the starting team or who was on our bench …..we simply lost because we made to many stupid errors (especially from our senior players) and didn’t complete our sets (there is no other reason!!)….fix that and we win!!

Yeah our form hasnt been great (defence needs some work) but it aren’t terrible either and after 6 weeks we only have 2 losses by a combined total of 3 points, both in the final minute…..and only 2 sides have more wins then us (one we beat). All with a mini injury crisis.

We have to improve to win the comp but there is plenty of footy to be played, but so far it’s been a decent start to the season. Starting fast last couple of years never helped…

Bring on the knights!!

The issue is we had heaps of ball on their line and created very little but anytime they where in our 20 they caused us headaches.
We win games cause our forwards are dominant and Moses kick game. It limits how many times the opposition are in our 20 and also gives us 2-3 times the amount of chances on their line.
The concern is if both sides get equal time inside the red zone I reckon we lose nearly everytime. And if it's a top 4 side we probably get a hiding.
So forget the scoreline and think of time spent in opponents half. Then you can start to see what areas we are poor in.
Bar the crash play we didn't once look like getting over with smart ball play. Yes of course you can score off BOMBS. They generaly are last option and involve luck. There is nothing well constructed about it. Heck we could win a premiership this way but your odd are stretched. You are basicaly hoping for luck.

Tigers had us stretched everytime they where in our red zone which was not often. They looked far superior in attack
The last thing you want is to get stretched in the red zone.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And you are a consistent apologist for f**k ups. I reckon you are David Kidwell. Hope you get sacked soon.
Mate, Papenhuyzen couldn’t ice a game a couple of weeks ago either. It doesn’t mean he’s a choker. Players don’t get to do whatever they want because there’s another team trying to stop them. There’s no need for scapegoats.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The issue is we had heaps of ball on their line and created very little but anytime they where in our 20 they caused us headaches.
We win games cause our forwards are dominant and Moses kick game. It limits how many times the opposition are in our 20 and also gives us 2-3 times the amount of chances on their line.
The concern is if both sides get equal time inside the red zone I reckon we lose nearly everytime. And if it's a top 4 side we probably get a hiding.
So forget the scoreline and think of time spent in opponents half. Then you can start to see what areas we are poor in.
Bar the crash play we didn't once look like getting over with smart ball play. Yes of course you can score off BOMBS. They generaly are last option and involve luck. There is nothing well constructed about it. Heck we could win a premiership this way but your odd are stretched. You are basicaly hoping for luck.

Tigers had us stretched everytime they where in our red zone which was not often. They looked far superior in attack
If they were superior they would’ve scored more tries this year. They didn’t even score more tries than us yesterday ffs.

The fact was we were complacent. That’s all the explanation you need. There’s no requirement to spin some narrative about moral failings. Stop being a coward and get your hopes up. We can win big games and the finals are something you should be looking forward to you gutless dog merkins.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Dragons gave up cos we were giving them a good old analing .... shall i just say every good panthers win is nothing cos opposition gave up? No

We beat melbourne in melbourne - dont care if harry wasnt playing they still had a shit hot team .... its no easy feat

If we were poor against sharks then they were poor too ... cos they beat us on the buzzer .... so the sharks are hardly any better than us, tho people talk em up

Im not saying we are good but we are still up there ... and its april ffs

I agree with everyone, penrith and melbourne are the benchmark ... but we are as good as the other teams and can compete with melb and the riff
100%

The only reason you’d deny this is if you were scared to get your hopes up.

84 Baby

Referee
It didn’t matter who was in the starting team or who was on our bench …..we simply lost because we made to many stupid errors (especially from our senior players) and didn’t complete our sets (there is no other reason!!)….fix that and we win!!
Na we just need to not select Rein & Perham on bench

Eelementary

Post Whore
Disappointing as the loss was - and it was -, I'd rather lose a game like this in April, than in September.

Credit to the Tigers - they played out of their skins.

We barely reached 60% of our best form, and lost by 2 on the buzzer.

We probably shouldn't have lost - but we shouldn't have made 10 errors by half time, either.

Put simply, we were complacent - we thought we'd beat the Tigers simply by showing up.

They pulled our pants down. It happens.

Tell you what - if I was a Newcastle fan, I'd be nervous...

IFR33K

Coach
One thing I’ve learnt. To not get emotionally attached or have high expectations. Regardless if we win our remaining regular season games, we’ll lose some time during the semis. I’ll go out on a limb and predict week 2. We won’t win a comp any time soon and don’t think I’ll witness one in my lifetime. Sad but true

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If they were superior they would’ve scored more tries this year. They didn’t even score more tries than us yesterday ffs.

The fact was we were complacent. That’s all the explanation you need. There’s no requirement to spin some narrative about moral failings. Stop being a coward and get your hopes up. We can win big games and the finals are something you should be looking forward to you gutless dog merkins.
It’s called having a bet each way FFS!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
One thing I’ve learnt. To not get emotionally attached or have high expectations. Regardless if we win our remaining regular season games, we’ll lose some time during the semis. I’ll go out on a limb and predict week 2. We won’t win a comp any time soon and don’t think I’ll witness one in my lifetime. Sad but true
Coward

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m convinced that if this team was better coached they wouldn’t be having these frequent lapses in goal line defence.
The lapses are up the entire length of the field ffs. But yes blaming the coach provides the hope of a magic bullet. Just sack one merkin and everything will be better.

lucablight

First Grade
The lapses are up the entire length of the field ffs. But yes blaming the coach provides the hope of a magic bullet. Just sack one merkin and everything will be better.
Do you think the team is well coached defensively? If it has nothing to do with coaching then why bother having defensive coaches?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Unlike you I don’t think coaching is visible to people watching from the sidelines on game day. There are so many moving parts the only thing we are remotely qualified to judge are player performances. You could argue that coaching is evident when a player joins your club and improves, or when he leaves and dies in the arse. But even then I think everyone just looks better with better team mates and worse surrounded by nuffies.