What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
Dolphins are getting desperate I would say.

They may throw 1.3m or 1.4m just to get someone.

We can't compete with that.
Neither of them are Munster, and Bennett knows that. Ideally I think they will look for another Queenslander, which is the players they have looked at as Marquees so far. It wouldn't surprise me with things going the way they are at Manly, if DCE is in Bennett's sights.

I'm not sure they're really as attractive as people make them out to be. Dylbags has done f**k all without Moses on the field, and Moses still has plenty of things he needs to improve.
Drown still so young and has been a demon in defence for years and has shown this year the attack is there most of the time. Maybe a better coaching system could make that more regular. And Moses' kicking is top tier, as would be the running if he did it more. But yeah, hard to know what rival clubs think.

Chipmunk

Coach
Drown still so young and has been a demon in defence for years and has shown this year the attack is there most of the time. Maybe a better coaching system could make that more regular. And Moses' kicking is top tier, as would be the running if he did it more. But yeah, hard to know what rival clubs think.
I'm not bagging either player, I'm just not that sure that someone like Bennett is going to pay either of them what a shit club like the Warriors or Tigers might. I'm not sure that either of them is that attractive to either player.

eels_fan

First Grade
I think Moses instantly becomes the dolphins number 1 target with Munster staying at storm.

he is the most complete half on the market, Bennett tried to sign him when he was at the broncos.

would not be surprised if they throw him $1.2 - $1.3m a year.

Dyl I think is far less likely or attractive to a club that doesn’t already have a quality controlling half for him to play alongside

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Not quite what happened.

As I was to.d by a “ well informed source”, original offer from Dogs= $600k 4 years
We came back to maintain cap, $550 plus TPA 3 years
Reed called Dogs and said he was staying, within an hour , his manager took a call with an extra $100k from Dogs, game over.

Reed wants to open a gym in QLD when he finishes, probably take the money now decision.

that was how I recall it being reported

Chipmunk

Coach
I think Moses instantly becomes the dolphins number 1 target with Munster staying at storm.

he is the most complete half on the market, Bennett tried to sign him when he was at the broncos.

would not be surprised if they throw him $1.2 - $1.3m a year.

Dyl I think is far less likely or attractive to a club that doesn’t already have a quality controlling half for him to play alongside
I suspect we'll pay Moses somewhere close to that anyway.

The Predictor

Juniors
I worked with a guy who used to give blood a few times week at the Blood Bank in Clarence Street so he could get a free hotdog and chocolate milk. He'd come to work white as a ghost sometimes. When we'd have meetings and coffee was served, he'd fill his suit pockets with biscuits.
U can’t donate a few times a week, there are safety protocols

The Predictor

Juniors
S
Not quite what happened.

As I was to.d by a “ well informed source”, original offer from Dogs= $600k 4 years
We came back to maintain cap, $550 plus TPA 3 years
Reed called Dogs and said he was staying, within an hour , his manager took a call with an extra $100k from Dogs, game over.

Reed wants to open a gym in QLD when he finishes, probably take the money now decision.
So initially the money was pretty much on par

I'm not bagging either player, I'm just not that sure that someone like Bennett is going to pay either of them what a shit club like the Warriors or Tigers might. I'm not sure that either of them is that attractive to either player.
I didn't think you were bagging them. All players have weaknesses. I think we'll probably keep Moses and pay him about 1.1 and Brown for about 900. Or thereabouts.

The Predictor

Juniors
W
Wasn’t on Sunday night 🤷🏼‍♂️

Chipmunk

Coach
Most of our players don't mind testing the open market after November 1 every off season it seems.

Our Culture is very strong.

Where most other clubs seem to lock up there priorities before then.
I suspect because we're low balling them prior, and the players and their managers know it.

JokerEel

Coach
Most of our players don't mind testing the open market after November 1 every off season it seems.

Our Culture is very strong.

Where most other clubs seem to lock up there priorities before then.

Player managers will have offers now they just can't sign until November 1 with another club.

They just use the going on the open market To scare current club

Latest posts