What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Steel Saints

Juniors
You tried lol. Some people just cant help themselves! I dont know why there arent moderators on this forum anymore?
Any news on Penrith?

They will most likely have eight players taking part in the world cup final. Three for Australia: Cleary, Yeo and Martin. And five for Samoa: Luai, Crichton, To'o, May and Leniu.

As for the stadium, .googling "new penrith stadium", it's the same old articles from a month or two ago.

Wb1234

Referee
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Sure it does great dork, all it proves is you're a tosser of monumental proportions ,
it mentions marn grook being nothng but a myth ( my position) ... 10 times !

but no one in here needed proof you're a wanker did they ? 😎
Guys been posting for 20 years and 99 percent of his posts are just dead wrong.

his posts have little to do with the game I’ve been watching for close to 40 years

MugaB

Coach
They will most likely have eight players taking part in the world cup final. Three for Australia: Cleary, Yeo and Martin. And five for Samoa: Luai, Crichton, To'o, May and Leniu.

As for the stadium, .googling "new penrith stadium", it's the same old articles from a month or two ago.
Hey don't forget Ashley Kliens from Penrith too

The Great Dane

First Grade
Whilst I'm no AFL fan by any stretch, from what I know about Aboriginal culture, they do pass down their history orally. They do not typically write it down. So whilst I may not take the AFL's word on it at face value, you cannot outright discredit it on that basis of it being an oral history. It would though help if it was said which Aboriginal people's elders confirmed it.
To be fair oral histories are borderline valueless without multiple forms of corroborating evidence to support them.

Oral histories inevitably become something akin to an intergenerational game of Chinese whispers that continues for millennia, with each member in the chain making their own embellishments to the story. They tend to effectively evolve into and/or merge with mythologies, so you can imagine how little value most of those stories have when it comes to deciphering the truth.

In saying that, there's plenty of historical evidence that Indigenous ball games, including Marn Grook, existed. There are first hand accounts, contemporary paintings and even some later photos of people playing them (such as the one featured in his article), other physical evidence, etc, so to suggest that they're a myth that didn't exist is pretty insane. You're getting into flat earther or dinosaurs didn't exist territory at that point.

MugaB

Coach
Stop derailing...
To be fair oral histories are borderline valueless without multiple forms of corroborating evidence to support them.

Oral histories inevitably become something akin to an intergenerational game of Chinese whispers that continues for millennia, with each member in the chain making their own embellishments to the story. They tend to effectively evolve into and/or merge with mythologies, so you can imagine how little value most of those stories have when it comes to deciphering the truth.

In saying that, there's plenty of historical evidence that Indigenous ball games, including Marn Grook, existed. There are first hand accounts, contemporary paintings and even some later photos of people playing them (such as the one featured in his article), other physical evidence, etc, so to suggest that they're a myth that didn't exist is pretty insane. You're getting into flat earther or dinosaurs didn't exist territory at that point.

PENRITH!!!

It's Been Done

Juniors
Any news on Browne Park, Rockhampton? Apparently the Jack Crow Stand is supposed to be demolished by now but I can't find anything on other than the Capras are looking for a temporary home

So the 2 heads want the federal govt to go halves with them in their new stadium central to their bid to get a racistball team

I am yet to hear Mr Barr will be heading up Commonwealth Ave to parliament house knocking on Katie Gallaghers office door seeking the same deal for a new stadium in Canberra !!

Perth Red

Post Whore

So the 2 heads want the federal govt to go halves with them in their new stadium central to their bid to get a racistball team

I am yet to hear Mr Barr will be heading up Commonwealth Ave to parliament house knocking on Katie Gallaghers office door seeking the same deal for a new stadium in Canberra !!
I hope Vlandys is sending this article to McGowan!

'On Monday Tasmania committed extra money to the deal, upping their funding from $10 million a year over 10 years, to $12 million a year over 12 years, plus $60 million for a high performance and team administration complex, for a total commitment of $204 million.' + $375mill for a stadium.

Got to give it to them, they know how to get others to pay for their expansion!

Wb1234

Referee

Abdo isn’t that stupid

he wouldn’t even waste the 200 million on his team … the mighty Rabbitohs let alone for a sport he doesn’t follow in a state with small votes

The_Wookie

Bench
I hope Vlandys is sending this article to McGowan!

'On Monday Tasmania committed extra money to the deal, upping their funding from $10 million a year over 10 years, to $12 million a year over 12 years, plus $60 million for a high performance and team administration complex, for a total commitment of $204 million.' + $375mill for a stadium.

Got to give it to them, they know how to get others to pay for their expansion!

Important to note that this is entirely Tasmanian Gov driven. The AFL didnt want a team there, has said that one isnt viable any number of times over the last 30 years, and so theres a hell of a lot of convincing to be done on TasGovs part.

The Great Dane

First Grade

As far as I know they haven't formally approached Gallagher to propose a similar deal, but she's already ruled it out anyway. The ACT has proposed similar deals to different governments in the past though.

It makes more sense in Canberra's case as well considering that the Feds own the AIS, Bruce Stadium, and the Arena, and control a bunch of land in the city as well, and that those factors are significant obstacles to future developments or construction of new stadiums and arenas. The Tasmanian stadium will inevitably end up as a massive white elephant as well.

It makes even more sense when you take into account that one of the big setbacks to the new stadium has been the Mr Fluffy incident, that was the Feds mistake that they forced the ACT to pay , and that they waived Tasmania's housing debt but have outright refused to do the same or similar for the ACT.

Latest posts