What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Southern Bears

Brian potter

Bench
I'm fine with regional, especially for a team in a country area, but state and country names I personally draw the line at
Im slightly warming to state names but I like you also draw the line at country names for professional teams.

How would you eve categorize “the dolphins“ ?

Centy Coast

Juniors
Because they aren't playing for the Storm at the moment, doesn't mean Victoria hasn't produced NRL standard players.

The number of pro players produced is now just over 20 (which yes, is low), but the key stat is that five of those have been produced since 2020 so the pace is clearly picking up. In addition to this the Jersey Flegg and SG Ball sides are filled with Victorians. Why is this a big deal after 25 years? Because now they players produced in Melbourne are actually good enough to compete in those comps which are the best in the world at those age levels. That is a significant achievement for the game and NRL Vic.
So you think the number of players who have played for Melbourne actually from VIC is over 20, I reckon you’d be lucky to have 10, the most prominent player was the big islander who played on the wing for the Wests Tigers and went to the English Super League.

blue bags

First Grade
Mate ..Melbourne has a population of 5 million. Bigger than Adelaide, Perth , North Sydney and Central Coast combined!!
Surely as a Rugby league fan you appreciate the importance of having a presence in that market..?
Think it over.
Need Melbourne 2 club
Melbourne Bears 🐻 🐨

Centy Coast

Juniors
Melbourne Bears 🐻
Aswell
The Bears were Melbournes feeder club back around 2005-2006 and Central Coast Storm 2007-2009, they dumped us because they thought that the Central Coast Bears were going to be admitted and didn’t see the point of developing players for a future rival club.
Players like James Maloney, Ryan Tandy, Will Chambers who never made the Storms NRL side on a Friday night would fly up and play for the Bears on Saturdays or Sundays, Billy Slater even played a few games for the Bears.

Last edited:

Centy Coast

Juniors
I like this logo but many Bears traditionalists wouldn’t, the background is probably a bit too red and I think it needs black around the outside of the shield.

Attachments

• E8A60C15-883F-44A4-B748-806A3F1F94E7.jpeg
    E8A60C15-883F-44A4-B748-806A3F1F94E7.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 4

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
So you think the number of players who have played for Melbourne actually from VIC is over 20, I reckon you’d be lucky to have 10, the most prominent player was the big islander who played on the wing for the Wests Tigers and went to the English Super League.
No, the number of professional players from Melbourne is 20, not necessarily picked up by the storm. It does show an increase in the quality of the Victorian playing talent and the Storm have two juniour teams worth of Victorians in their pathways right now about to come through. This is a good thing for RL.

Centy Coast

Juniors
No, the number of professional players from Melbourne is 20, not necessarily picked up by the storm. It does show an increase in the quality of the Victorian playing talent and the Storm have two juniour teams worth of Victorians in their pathways right now about to come through. This is a good thing for RL.
That would be good but it would be nice to see some of these players consistently playing in the Storms NRL squad.
As I said there has only really been one player born and bred from VIC to hold down a NRL spot for a reasonable amount of time and that was Mahe Fonua who played for both the Storm and the Wests Tigers before going to the English Super League. Fonua actually had a small cult following at the Tigers from memory.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
I like this logo but many Bears traditionalists wouldn’t, the background is probably a bit too red and I think it needs black around the outside of the shield.
Yeah i made that one, the bear logo itself was put together by someone else, i added the west coast to the bears face and Colors to suit plus some teeth, i reckon the red is fine, but maybe making it deeper instead of bright, plus the shield border would be better black, then you'd not notice how light everything is, i made it last year, could do with on upgrade i suppose

Quickly did this on my phone
20230422_110258.png

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I
That would be good but it would be nice to see some of these players consistently playing in the Storms NRL squad.
As I said there has only really been one player born and bred from VIC to hold down a NRL spot for a reasonable amount of time and that was Mahe Fonua who played for both the Storm and the Wests Tigers before going to the English Super League. Fonua actually had a small cult following at the Tigers from memory.
Agree mate. It would be very nice to see more and more in the future

Centy Coast

Juniors
Yeah i made that one, the bear logo itself was put together by someone else, i added the west coast to the bears face and Colors to suit plus some teeth, i reckon the red is fine, but maybe making it deeper instead of bright, plus the shield border would be better black, then you'd not notice how light everything is, i made it last year, could do with on upgrade i suppose

View attachment 73008
That’s pretty hectic, it was pretty good to start with especially with all the little bits like the ears etc.
I like how the WA Coastline and top teeth were added.

Last edited:

blue bags

First Grade

View attachment 73008
West tigers. Tigers head face
Need the whole bear
Not just a face 😔
Raiders Titans just a head face garbage 🤕

docbrown

Coach

View attachment 73008
I know it's just a mock up but I have seen professional brand logos that took whole committees to plan and cost hundreds of thousands to design that aren't even a fraction as clever as this.

Latest posts