What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Sorenson Penrith
Curran New Zealand
Gouler Canberra
There is 3 good forwards off contract at the end off the year, there are also others if you have a look around.

The problem is we have become the club of last resort for NRL players. They won't come except for more money. There is the risk, as with Suli and others, that they don't feel under any obligation to train hard and play well, because they didn't actually want to be here. Will take some time to correct this. Better off relying on our juniors if we can.

redVinme

Bench
For after Nov 30 (on contract till 25) but pushing for early release for 24.

Jake Simpkin, Nat Butcher, Josh Curran, Jazz Tevaga, Mo Fotuaika, Payne Hass, Braden Hamlin-Uele, Keaon Koloamatangi, TPJ, Taniela Paseka, Franklin Pele, Toby Rudolf, Jacob Saifiti, Tevita Tatola, Kurt Capewell, Angus Chrichton, Coen Hess, Eliesa Katoa, LIam Martin, Jordan Riki, Sitili Tupouniua, Jack Williams, Hudson Young

Surely we have cash for 2 big scalps and a mid price option?

Personally I'd stay away from someone like Haas just from a cap perspective but think adding Hudson Young or Tuponiua if looking a bit cheaper on the edge and if you could some how get Paseka and one of Hamlin-Uele/Mo Fotuaika.

Thats a solid start,

Convincing them to come though...

TheRev

First Grade
Think its round 10 that development players can play.. and imo we really f***ed up our development players this year, most of these guys would only be played through desperation..
1684136795103.png
o Coric was just unlucky with injury..

o RyanC makes a fair few errors in NSW Cup but hes the future for us

o S.Finau im not rly feeling these Finau brothers.. his brother had that wicked run a few weeks back, but the winger I dunno.. I dont feel it but its too early to be sure.. but big call to be sucking up a development spot.. has to be Lobb next year imo.

o Mulheissen I cant believe hasn't debuted yet.. but.. im starting to think he hasnt got the speed to make it at NRL level anyway.. solid enough with his service... we need to work it out though if we are going to keep investing in him.. Liddle also leapfrogged him.. and we dont know if Hunt is a hooker ongoing yet.

o Shereb has been the real dissapointment, think he was captain coming through the grades and just hasnt kicked on as a 2nd rower or a Centre.

o Tuitavake is starting to look good in NSW Cup, but very early days after a serious injury.. but he is one of the brighter ones.
----------------------------------
In 2024, i'd want Lobb, Tamale, Herring, Coric, probably RCouchman & 1 other..

It's going to be difficult to fit all these young forwards into our Top30 unless they r really ready to go.. Fifita, Tui, TCouchman, RCouchman.. plus MMolo & BBurns.. its a lot of young forwards in there.. we actually need some of these guys to be gun 1st graders real quick, we can't blood them all at once.

Parko1310

Juniors
Think its round 10 that development players can play.. and imo we really f***ed up our development players this year, most of these guys would only be played through desperation..
View attachment 74253

o S.Finau im not rly feeling these Finau brothers.. his brother had that wicked run a few weeks back, but the winger I dunno.. I dont feel it but its too early to be sure.. but big call to be sucking up a development spot.. has to be Lobb next year imo.

o Mulheissen I cant believe hasn't debuted yet.. but.. im starting to think he hasnt got the speed to make it at NRL level anyway.. solid enough with his service... we need to work it out though if we are going to keep investing in him.. Liddle also leapfrogged him.. and we dont know if Hunt is a hooker ongoing yet.

o Shereb has been the real dissapointment, think he was captain coming through the grades and just hasnt kicked on as a 2nd rower or a Centre.

o Tuitavake is starting to look good in NSW Cup, but very early days after a serious injury.. but he is one of the brighter ones.

It's going to be difficult to fit all these young forwards into our Top30 unless they r really ready to go.. Fifita, Tui, TCouchman, RCouchman.. plus MMolo & BBurns.. its a lot of young forwards in there.. we actually need some of these guys to be gun 1st graders real quick, we can't blood them all at once.
Well M Molo and Burns are hopeless so that frees up two spots pretty quick. We do definitely need some established forwards recruited externally though. At least 1 front rower that has leadership and "come with me boys" qualities about him, especially given all the young forwards on their way through. Then preferably Hudson Young to fill a second row spot. He would be absolutely ideal in 2025, but if that isn't possible, then Curran would be next for mine, followed by Nat Butcher. Teig Wilton is one we could land for 2024 though if we hurry up this coaching decision.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
My mate told me that Carryannis mentioned on a pod that Ryles will be Head Coach. Hornby his assistant, Browny Head of Retention. They were Ryles demands and I think they are making it happen. Richo or Flanno will be GM of Football. It is out of them 2 for the GM role. That is not deen decided yet.

Ryles will be overseeing stuff and Hornby will be doing all the hands on coaching. Ryles is implementing a structure similar to the Storm and Chooks.

TheRev

First Grade
My mate told me that Carryannis mentioned on a pod that Ryles will be Head Coach. Hornby his assistant, Browny Head of Retention. They were Ryles demands and I think they are making it happen. Richo or Flanno will be GM of Football. It is out of them 2 for the GM role. That is not deen decided yet.

Ryles will be overseeing stuff and Hornby will be doing all the hands on coaching. Ryles is implementing a structure similar to the Storm and Chooks.
thats a hell of call for Hornby to come across as an assistant, but I like it :p

Unsainty79

Juniors

I cannot fathom why Hornby would leave the Rabbits to come back to the Dragons, to the position he was sacked from

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
View attachment 74253

I think Haele and Sione both have potential. Sione is pretty strong, quick and athletic. He just needs, ya know, an actual coach

possm

Coach
He probably wouldn’t come back to be an assistant an assistant under anyone else, but he played pretty much his whole career with Ryles, they’re probably tight. Maybe he wants to be part of the Dragons resurrection
Since Bennett left the Board's selection of Head Coach and been poor and so, it has had to sack them all. Now they go for another old boy rookie. Here we go again.