What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
The man had to go , however it’s a damn pity the board did not go with him .

By all accounts he was given his marching orders at the WIN Corporation building ?

Anyone heard of a NRL club called WIN Corp ? Perhaps that’s half the reason the team is sitting at the bottom of the drain making those horrible gurgling sounds ?

twinkletoes

Juniors
The one positive thing to come out of this debacle is that the Board and CEO have been shown up in the media to be totally incompetent and impotent...something which our members have known for far too long. Maybe that public criticism will dent their egos and get them to think of the best interests of the club and not themselves....but as I have said previously if Dean Young gets the coaching gig I will no longer follow the club after 50 years of passionate support..

TheRev

First Grade
The one positive thing to come out of this debacle is that the Board and CEO have been shown up in the media to be totally incompetent and impotent...something which our members have known for far too long. Maybe that public criticism will dent their egos and get them to think of the best interests of the club and not themselves....but as I have said previously if Dean Young gets the coaching gig I will no longer follow the club after 50 years of passionate support..
This is exactly my view also.. Deano would break me... even if he had great support, picking the guy that's been out of our system for all of 1.5yrs would just be verification that their heads are still firmly up their asses...I think we will get Ryles instead, but horrified to see Deans name come up again over all the far more qualified options.

I think that the board didn't want to consider Hasler because he wanted control over the football dept.. but if their poster boy Ryles wants the same.. that might be a different scenario.. and they 'might' just give it to him.

Unsainty79

Juniors
He is the last premiership winning captain and I suspect has a strong bond
to the club

I just heard that it will be Ryles with Hornby and Young assistants

I just hope that it’s not Flanagan GM , please. No

and get rid Haran please
Flanagan is no hope. I get that he has won a premiership, but that was 8 years ago. Since then he's been sacked by the club he took to the premiership and then overlooked for that vacant role last year. Additionally, he's been bypassed for a head coaching role by the Tigers twice, the Bulldogs, the Warriors, and the Sea Eagles. What does that tell you?

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Flanagan is no hope. I get that he has won a premiership, but that was 8 years ago. Since then he's been sacked by the club he took to the premiership and then overlooked for that vacant role last year. Additionally, he's been bypassed for a head coaching role by the Tigers twice, the Bulldogs, the Warriors, and the Sea Eagles. What does that tell you?
That he's all out of peptides?

Latest posts