What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels game

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
We are becoming past masters at running out of puff at the pointy end of games. Infuriating. Even without our workhorse Jack de Belin we were in this game until the 60th min when their superior condition told and they overran us.
Dan Lawson returns here as our Hi Performance Manager so expect our fitness and condition to get a real lift. He had us performing to optimum fitness back in 2010 when we won our last premiership, yet we let him go. Wonder if he has this in mind, slaving our players by running them up Cronulla sand dunes like we did back in our golden years.
View attachment 77779
The man leading the charge in this 60s pic is legendary fitness guru of the day Percy Cerutty
Good luck with that. There's hardly any sand dunes left.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
What a tremendous effort put in by our lads ! Well done gents , plenty of enthusiasm and commitment shown .

A 4 try special for Rava , the bloke just loves scoring tries , enjoyed the way he shoves Gutherson off as he went over to score .

The bones are there for Flanagan to make a new beginning for the Big Red V , only need a few quality newbies to ensure that the Dragons breath fire next season .
Flannagan needs to sort out the relationship with the officials, they are very tough on the red V, even despite our pathetic ladder position.

True_Believer

Juniors
l thought it was more than 50/50 but understand there was some doubt for the ref... but for the bunker I don't see any doubt... gutho deliberately placed his hand on the point of the ball; his hand/wrist was hooked and his hand finished down towards the ground. Very difficult for Liddle to hold the ball in that situation. We were going to score the try if not for the action so I thought the ref could have gone up try. Had the ref gone up try I am sure it would have stayed try.
As for the Moses dive... why is the bunker rewarding players diving - it should be clear that the player was taken out AND it effected the play.
But parra are pushing for a semi's birth and we were clearly their equal today. So positive signs and move on.
1. Was definitely a strip. Thank god the missus had left to go shopping or she would have told me to keep it down.
2. Burns actually ran away from Moses. Moses followed him and took a dive.
3. Hunt did knee the ball before it hit the ground. The definition of a kick in the rules is as follows: "means making contact with the ball with any part of the leg (except the heel) from knee to toe inclusive". This was then knocked on by Eels but they got the penalty.

jeffdragon

Bench
1. Was definitely a strip. Thank god the missus had left to go shopping or she would have told me to keep it down.
2. Burns actually ran away from Moses. Moses followed him and took a dive.
3. Hunt did knee the ball before it hit the ground. The definition of a kick in the rules is as follows: "means making contact with the ball with any part of the leg (except the heel) from knee to toe inclusive". This was then knocked on by Eels but they got the penalty.
Those 3 went against us.
That's why the NRL IS FCKED.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Just watched a few highlights again.
If Burns runs straight through the line it's a try.
He hardly touched Moses.
And the one where Burns dropped it Moses has no eyes for the ball.
Yet the officials let the prick get away with everything.
The darling of the league..
It’s always if with the dragons. How about if the dragons didn’t drop the ball or if the dragons Didn’t give away dumb penalties. What about if the dragons controlled the game when they were up by 10 points? Let’s just face it. They are a shit team. Quit blaming everyone but the dragons

jeffdragon

Bench
It’s always if with the dragons. How about if the dragons didn’t drop the ball or if the dragons Didn’t give away dumb penalties. What about if the dragons controlled the game when they were up by 10 points? Let’s just face it. They are a shit team. Quit blaming everyone but the dragons
But dont you think these incidents were dud calls.
Because I think a lot of us would agree on those

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Bit harsh
They were the better team and Parra definitely got the rub of the green
Let’s call a spade a spade and not get confused with past performances

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
But dont you think these incidents were dud calls.
Because I think a lot of us would agree on those
Yep. Then they can’t defend their try line and it turns out to be a dud call that lead to them having to defend their goal line. They are just abysmal. You know if they have to defend their goal line for too long they’ll eventually crack because they are shit