What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels game

Dragon David

First Grade
Well as far as I am concerned, we did OK seeing that a lot on here were thinking that without JDB and Suli we would cop a thrashing. Losing 26-20 given the rub of the green not going our way wasn't too bad. One day these will be wins for us. The guys should be given credit having lost F Molo at the beginning and they put in a great effort to be in front albeit not all the way to the final whistle.

My household certainly knew that I was not pleased with several of the decisions made by the ref. Once Parramatta scored that try to make it 20-16, they got their second wind and with the help of the ref, changed the momentum of the game.

I hate the refs.

sammymills

Juniors
Just watched replay. So JDB gets 4 weeks and 10 in the bin for a hip drop yet exact same tackle on us not even a penalty.

you cannot call burns on Cartwright a strip early in the game yet exact same thing is ruled a loose carry no try on us.

Just burns me, super proud of the boys effort today especially considering how many we had out.

This Year?

Immortal
Usually our momentum shift happens after about the 20 minute mark, but this time it was after about an hour.
I'm normally one of the 1st to bag out this team after a loss, but today I reckon they tried their hearts out (except Hunt who quite frankly can f**k off yesterday). Once the Gutherson strip non call happened it was the straw that broke the camel's back and nothing was going to stop the Eels from winning after that.
What pisses me off more than anything is how dismissive the media are when we obviously get screwed. How is it not one commentator thinks that wasn't a strip? Sometimes I think am I really that one eyed or are they just trolling us?
Anyway, as usual our reaction to a bad call is riddled with errors and/or unlucky types of penalties which fatigues us even more and the broken record gets played again. It feels like we have a hex on us or something.
No wonder Carr has the eyebags of a new father.

Draginzaaar

Bench
1. Was definitely a strip. Thank god the missus had left to go shopping or she would have told me to keep it down.
2. Burns actually ran away from Moses. Moses followed him and took a dive.
3. Hunt did knee the ball before it hit the ground. The definition of a kick in the rules is as follows: "means making contact with the ball with any part of the leg (except the heel) from knee to toe inclusive". This was then knocked on by Eels but they got the penalty.
You have to purposely drop the ball onto you leg/foot for it to constitute a kick. He just dropped it. Anyway, why didn't he just kick it before he dropped it?

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
mate he went well
looked identical in performance to Toby excuse the pun :)
smart runs
relentless tackling

considering these two boys are only 19yrs old and only 98kg each you have to guess they will be closer to your 105kg props in the future as fairly lean builds but hard as nails for their age, height, weight

I cant see why they wont be both on our bench for years to come and maybe one of them becoming a lock eventually?

Latest posts