What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crossland appreciation thread

Rod

Bench
Credit where it's due to him, as well as AOB who was adamant he was the answer once Brailey went down. Service is still not great but he has improved a heap in a short time.

A lot of Kurt Gidley about the way he isn't the most skilful but tries his guts out and often pops up in the right place, you have to respect it.

Yosh

Coach
Always puts 110% in physically week in week out. Will be a solid 14 from next year.

Alex28

Coach
Credit where it's due to him, as well as AOB who was adamant he was the answer once Brailey went down. Service is still not great but he has improved a heap in a short time.

A lot of Kurt Gidley about the way he isn't the most skilful but tries his guts out and often pops up in the right place, you have to respect it.
Give him an off season dedicated to the hooker position and see how he goes. Him and Brailey next year could be very, very good.

Old dog

Bench
Agre Crossland is going well, and unfortunate that Brailey got injured but why, but WHY, wasn’t Crosslands as the likely 14 or if injury the new No. 9 not given the intro through pre season.
It’s like we will face that problem if and when it happens.
Oh my God it’s happened!

Jono078

Referee
He played a big part in our win last night, that's as big a compliment I can give him.

He seems to be getting better at handling the occasion and the 80 minutes. Still some delivery and questionable options he takes, but all-in-all he's putting in great efforts and good D and as mentioned above, seems to be popping up in the right spots. I think we could really utiliize his kicking game more as well.

Rod

Bench
I was also surprised that he's only just turned 23. For some reason I thought he was more around the 26/27 mark.

Knight Tales

Bench
O’Brien’s greatest weakness and greatest strength are the same thing. His faith in his players. Phoenix is an example of it being a success albeit it has taken it’s merry time arriving. Would love to know the exact moment and reason the switch flicked with this side.
While it has plenty of room to improve they are almost unrecognisable.
ot was the lack of creativity and options when we are in the oppositions red zone which drove us crazy.

perverse

Referee
O’Brien’s greatest weakness and greatest strength are the same thing. His faith in his players. Phoenix is an example of it being a success albeit it has taken it’s merry time arriving. Would love to know the exact moment and reason the switch flicked with this side.
While it has plenty of room to improve they are almost unrecognisable.
ot was the lack of creativity and options when we are in the oppositions red zone which drove us crazy.
It's pretty simple, it's all in their heads. They switch off during the year. It's been this for a long ass time. If they had been playing to their best of their own ability more often then there wouldn't have been too many complaints over the past 5-10 years .. but we don't even get the best out of the stock we have.

We're all sitting here patting each other on the back after *3* wins in a row, lol. Honestly, the players have been guilty of the same, and our staff have failed to coach it out of us.

Until we're doing what we're doing now consistently, I'm not treating it as anything other than a false dawn. We're not in a position where we need to basically win all our remaining matches because we're going well.

O'Brien has bought himself another year off the back of a few good games. I don't know which direction we'll go in honestly, but it's going to take a lot more winning to convince me we've turned a corner yet. I'm hopeful, but sick of being disappointed over and over too.

Woody90

Juniors
It's pretty simple, it's all in their heads. They switch off during the year. It's been this for a long ass time. If they had been playing to their best of their own ability more often then there wouldn't have been too many complaints over the past 5-10 years .. but we don't even get the best out of the stock we have.

We're all sitting here patting each other on the back after *3* wins in a row, lol. Honestly, the players have been guilty of the same, and our staff have failed to coach it out of us.

Until we're doing what we're doing now consistently, I'm not treating it as anything other than a false dawn. We're not in a position where we need to basically win all our remaining matches because we're going well.

O'Brien has bought himself another year off the back of a few good games. I don't know which direction we'll go in honestly, but it's going to take a lot more winning to convince me we've turned a corner yet. I'm hopeful, but sick of being disappointed over and over too.

This, and even on an individual level, I wouldn’t be surprised if people are in here bagging Crossland after today’s game because one good game doesn’t mean he’s suddenly a fantastic player. He was great last week, no denying that, but let’s not go nuts. I just hope he keeps improving because whether you’re pro or anti Crossland he’s going to be in the side going forward.

Burwood

Bench
The biggest compliment that I could give him today was that, outside of his assist for saifiti, I can’t remember a single thing he did- bit like when a ref has a good game because no howlers stand out.

perverse

Referee
Well, we've done a lot more winning and I'm becoming quite convinced. Charge into the finals red hot and i'll be very convinced!!

As for Crossland, he's really growing. Never thought he had it in him. Still kinda stunned. Credit to the coach that he saw it in him. Still he has a lot of improving to do, and needs to keep growing well into the future, but yeah you can see the NRL player in him now. The heart and effort is paying off for him.

I think the biggest compliment i can give him is that I don't read the team sheet and cringe when I get to his name anymore. He's doing the job.

Jono078

Referee
Even his delivery and selection now. He seems to be full of confidence with where he needs to get the ball.

I'm truly astonished how he's turn himself around.

Latest posts