What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crossland appreciation thread

Yosh

Coach
His passing out of dummy half is crisp as anyone now. He has also mastered that head fake and going the opposite direction as well. Defense and effort has always been top notch. Love his kicking game close to the line as well. What's there not to like?

aqua_duck

Coach
Plz.

Dude's doing great but let's not go nuts.
Yeah wouldn’t say it’s crisp but definitely much improved, he’s also starting to get a good feel for the position now and could genuinely leap frog Brailey next year which is definitely not something anyone would’ve predicted.

ryan.a87

Juniors
So what happens next year?

Does Brailey and Crossland share the hooker role for 40mins each and Elliott play 80? Or will AOB try and change him again into a utility 13 role like he did with Mann

Old dog

Juniors
Think Brailey, if fit, will be 9, Crosslands most likely 14 and sharing hooking roll but could cover half if injury. Like to see someone like Lucas on bench to cover backline as well as forward injury

Tom155

Coach
So what happens next year?

Does Brailey and Crossland share the hooker role for 40mins each and Elliott play 80? Or will AOB try and change him again into a utility 13 role like he did with Mann
Brailey has to stay healthy first

Yosh

Coach
Jack definitely offers more than Jones but it's so frustrating to see him give away lazy arm penalties and sin bins for stupidity. Has great leg speed and an offload and should play more minutes if you ask me.

aqua_duck

Coach
Jack definitely offers more than Jones but it's so frustrating to see him give away lazy arm penalties and sin bins for stupidity. Has great leg speed and an offload and should play more minutes if you ask me.
I kind of feel like we’ve seen the extent of Jones’ ability where as with Hethrington we’re only just scratching the surface.
Although Jack can be a real liability I’m pretty sure the opposition would much rather be coming up against Brodie Jones than him

Woody90

Juniors
During commentary yesterday when Vossy kept saying that the whole team was playing well I laughed and said he must not be watching Hetherington.

Yosh

Coach
I'm gonna go out on a crazy limb here but will Crossland ever get an Origin jersey? If he was a Queenslanders I reckon he would get a call up in a couple of years because he is a hardworking passion player.

I'm gonna go out on a crazy limb here but will Crossland ever get an Origin jersey? If he was a Queenslanders I reckon he would get a call up in a couple of years because he is a hardworking passion player.
He's actually eligible for NZ as he was born there.

I think he's a more likely shot to get a Kiwi jersey

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I could see him maybe getting into a kiwi squad but not sure if he’d ever play a test. He wouldn’t be their first choice no.9 and I feel like Nikorima would have the no.14 spot covered over him. But you never know what can happen with injuries and things like that. I’d be absolutely stoked for the kid if it did happen.

Rod

Bench
Brandon Smith and Marshall-King would likely be the hooker rotation for the Kiwis but he certainly deserves to be in the conversation.

Latest posts