What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Olympic is the go, Penrith have enough fans and there's enough Wahs fans as well for 60k! It would be huge
Hahaha get your hand off it. Penrith played the Warriors in week 1 of the finals in 2018. They played it at Accor and it drew 18K.

I get that a lot has changed since then but f**k me some people are delusional. This fixture at Accor would draw 20-25K max. A full Penrith looks a lot better.

Harry O

Juniors
While the dropathon gets a silly number of 90k for one game for finals, and you only see constant drop ball after drop ball.
We get lousy 12k and everyone laughs at us.

Billythekid

First Grade
Amazing work by the Titans. That's the Titans best crowd average in the GC since 2010 and best overall average since 2008.

Great to see the club turning things around off the field, hopefully they can build on this next year and achieve an average over 20K+.
Crazy that they managed to do it without even having a good year as well. Goes to show if they ever get their act together they could have one of the higher averages in the NRL. They’ve always copped too much shit for their crowds.
Hahaha get your hand off it. Penrith played the Warriors in week 1 of the finals in 2018. They played it at Accor and it drew 18K.

I get that a lot has changed since then but f**k me some people are delusional. This fixture at Accor would draw 20-25K max. A full Penrith looks a lot better.
I think it’s unfair to lump Penrith and the sharks together. 20K+ is hardly terrible.

Brian potter

Bench

Crowds - Round 27​

Thu 7:50pmBRI v MELSuncorp43,271
Fri 6:00pmMAN v WST4 Pines16,503
Fri 8:00pmSOU v SYDAccor36,263
Sat 3:00pmDOL v WARSuncorp35,438
Sat 5:30pmPEN v NQLBluebet21,525
Sat 7:35pmSGI v NEWNetstrata10,137
Sun 2:00pmGLD v CBYCbus14,942
Sun 4:05pmCRO v CANPointsbet12,750

Round Total: 190,829 / Average per game 23,854
Season Total: 3,757,424 / Average per match: 18,419

Amazing crowds including the dead rubbers.

dragons can be excused but the sharks are an embarrassment to the game.

sharks and wests need to get f@cked.

Iamback

Coach
It is what it is mate. Both grounds will be pumping, full to the brim. Should be a great Saturday of footy.

That is better then a 50% full. No atmosphere neutral.

Accor is the Panthers major stadium choice.

In 2018 we played Warriors in finals there, game drew 17k... far better in a 21k seater than that

Iamback

Coach

It really is that simple.

No one who is on here whinging is dropping $60 to watch neutrals play at a Souless Accor.

Same with Sharks, So this is the best way

APPSY

Juniors
I am not going to count Magic round as INDIVIDUAL DAYS as that defeats the purpose of counting crowd figures PER GAME played.

With that said, after 208 regular H&A season games, the NRL has for the first time in history has reached 4 million spectators. At the conclusion of round 27, a total of 4,006,624 spectators have gone through the gates for an average of 19,262. We need another 333,376 (4,340,000) for this finals series to lock in 20,000+ average attendance for the season.

The game is booming and growing. Obviously the Phins inclusion helped immensely, but so many teams have broken their own crowd records and averages this season. Watching a lot of the games this year with big crowds on the TV was such a relieving sight to see.

APPSY

Juniors
And, speaking as a Titans fan, I never want to hear a thing or see dumb memes about our stadium 'always being empty' again unless it is clear that we can't get over 10,000+ per game for a majority of the season. This year is our 4th highest attended year ever at home with 234,434 through the gates, at an average of 19,536 per game (3rd in history for average, beating our best performed seasons of 09 and 10). That makes us the 8th highest this year out of every club for total home attendance and 7th overall for average. And we did this as a bottom 4 club.

And not to fully bring up fumble ball, but we out attended the Suns by 83,000, a team who apparently has 23,000 members (10,000 more than our reported number of 13,000). That's a figure that should have them practically selling out each week with a sea of Red, no? Our average is also 5,803 higher per game than theirs.

I know it's dumb to compare to the other code, but it just frustrates me that no one is truly respecting the comeback off field the club has made in the past few years. The Frizelles and The Kellys have truly done wonders for the club, and have invested so much into bringing us back up from the debt we were once in. They push for sponsors for us like mad, and even more in advertising. For every 10 Titans advertisements I see around here on the GC, I see maybe 1 Suns one. And their partnership with CEO Steve Mitchell makes me love the club even more. The way the board actually trusts one another AND can stop leaks of BTS issues that don't concern reporters makes it even better. Sure, we're never going to reach the crowd averages of the Broncos. The Dolphins proved with great planning and a genuine good team in office, you can attract fans right off the bat. And for the first time in the clubs history, we have a great organisation who meticulously plans everything. We are attracting younger fans, and bringing old ones back. Truly, if you ever get the chance to attend a Titans home game, do so. They put so much effort into creating a great environment for all involved, and is one of the main reasons why I've renewed my membership for the past 11 years (and 12 for next year).

The club as a whole is being ran greatly, and IF this can be reflected on field, I see our numbers growing and creating a chokehold on the Coast that other sporting codes here won't be able to catch up too.

Dark Corner

Juniors
I am not going to count Magic round as INDIVIDUAL DAYS as that defeats the purpose of counting crowd figures PER GAME played.

With that said, after 208 regular H&A season games, the NRL has for the first time in history has reached 4 million spectators. At the conclusion of round 27, a total of 4,006,624 spectators have gone through the gates for an average of 19,262. We need another 333,376 (4,340,000) for this finals series to lock in 20,000+ average attendance for the season.

The game is booming and growing. Obviously the Phins inclusion helped immensely, but so many teams have broken their own crowd records and averages this season. Watching a lot of the games this year with big crowds on the TV was such a relieving sight to see.
Be even better if the NRL get teams playing out of Central Coast, Perth and New Zealand and alos the Sunshine Coast.

beave

Coach
And, speaking as a Titans fan, I never want to hear a thing or see dumb memes about our stadium 'always being empty' again unless it is clear that we can't get over 10,000+ per game for a majority of the season. This year is our 4th highest attended year ever at home with 234,434 through the gates, at an average of 19,536 per game (3rd in history for average, beating our best performed seasons of 09 and 10). That makes us the 8th highest this year out of every club for total home attendance and 7th overall for average. And we did this as a bottom 4 club.

And not to fully bring up fumble ball, but we out attended the Suns by 83,000, a team who apparently has 23,000 members (10,000 more than our reported number of 13,000). That's a figure that should have them practically selling out each week with a sea of Red, no? Our average is also 5,803 higher per game than theirs.

I know it's dumb to compare to the other code, but it just frustrates me that no one is truly respecting the comeback off field the club has made in the past few years. The Frizelles and The Kellys have truly done wonders for the club, and have invested so much into bringing us back up from the debt we were once in. They push for sponsors for us like mad, and even more in advertising. For every 10 Titans advertisements I see around here on the GC, I see maybe 1 Suns one. And their partnership with CEO Steve Mitchell makes me love the club even more. The way the board actually trusts one another AND can stop leaks of BTS issues that don't concern reporters makes it even better. Sure, we're never going to reach the crowd averages of the Broncos. The Dolphins proved with great planning and a genuine good team in office, you can attract fans right off the bat. And for the first time in the clubs history, we have a great organisation who meticulously plans everything. We are attracting younger fans, and bringing old ones back. Truly, if you ever get the chance to attend a Titans home game, do so. They put so much effort into creating a great environment for all involved, and is one of the main reasons why I've renewed my membership for the past 11 years (and 12 for next year).

The club as a whole is being ran greatly, and IF this can be reflected on field, I see our numbers growing and creating a chokehold on the Coast that other sporting codes here won't be able to catch up too.

Titans are in good hands with Stevie Mitchell in charge. His younger brother and I were best mates growing up in Tvl and Steve was always mature well beyond his younger years. He's got a good resume under his belt and I hope one day he can come back home to NQ and take the reins as CEO. Mopping up the mess from the earlier years was always going to be hard but i think the locals are starting to get behind it again like the earlier days.

Last edited: