What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who have you met ??

Panther79

Juniors
Only one I met and not so famous was Daryl Millard who was my Uber driver one day. Played for St George and Bulldogs 2006-9 though when he first said his name and that he played NRL, I thought of Shane Millard lol.

Was really nice to talk to and was open to all my questions such as hardest guy to play against even though now I forget his answer. He was looking to start up a sports management company with a lot more focus on player welfare and ensuring players had a plan for after football, top bloke!

Was visiting my cousin last off-season whose little one goes to day care near Penrith Westfield. Saw the whole Penrith team stumble out of a pub nearby. They were blind drunk. The little one yelled out "Go Penrith!" Jarome Luai gave him the finger.

Me and a few mates met Benji Marshall out in Canberra after Saints broke the hoodoo there all those years ago.

The bloke was a total pro and very generous with his time. We probably made him late actually. All he’s mates had left but he made sure he said g’day to anyone who wanted to say hi.

He is a long way from my favourite Dragon player but I reckon he is an ornament to the game and I wish him the best when he does retire. I’ve seen him on NRL 360 and he and James Graham will do well with whatever they choose to do. Very good attitudes.

King hit

Coach
There is a bloke who I work with who played reserve grade for the Steelers. He also played juniors at Parramatta with one of Ray Warrens sons becoming friends with Ray himself.

Last Wednesday at work he gave him a call and put me on the phone to him. I had a chat with the great Ray Warren for a few minutes. Thanked him for being one of the voices of my childhood and for making some great memories for me. He was humbled by this greatly. I could only chat for a few minutes because I always want to get work done but he calls him often so more opportunities to chat are going to come up. My colleague said he hadn’t seen a smile so big as mine was that day.

Rabs also came off as a good humble person who is up for a joke as well which left an even bigger impression on me. My mate called him again on monday but they were talking about a more serious thing but there is so much novelty to hearing that voice through your trucks Bluetooth.

Wb1234

Referee
Tingha … approached him ar fox studios and told him he didn’t belong in union and we missed him at the red v. Forget about Wayne Pearce not picking him for origin he was playing in a band now

Paul Gallen .. saphire kings cross. Legend. Winding him up about the dive he took at kogarah to win a game and next time he was there look in the crowd I’d be giving him the finger. Tried to fix me up with his hot ex she brushed me lol

k.hunt …. Mooseheads club Canberra. Cool dude he hung around for ages

Paul Wellens…. Some club in the melb cas after a World Cup game where they got smashed. Gentlemen, we were both wasted talking league for ages

checchin … my old gym on five dock. I was trying to give him tips on how to ref games lol, champion guy

pushed in front of someone in subway turned out it was the 8th with his family lol

John ribot was dating my cousins wife cousin. He got us into the storm sheds. Matt Geyer and Aaron mule were so nice. Shared a car with ribot and he still talked about a 12 team league. This was around 2005 or so. Didn’t have the guts to give him a spray

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
Danny Nutley, Chris Beattie and Dean Triester bored out of their brains at an Easter show function around 2003. All the kids just wanted to talk to Willie Mason.

Matt King blitzed with Cooper Cronk at a pub in Sydney both very nice.

And many walk bys without conversation. I got a smile from Isaah Yeo outside a Cafe once but I realised a short while later my fly was undone.

soc123_au

Staff member
Danny Nutley, Chris Beattie and Dean Triester bored out of their brains at an Easter show function around 2003. All the kids just wanted to talk to Willie Mason.

Matt King blitzed with Cooper Cronk at a pub in Sydney both very nice.

And many walk bys without conversation. I got a smile from Isaah Yeo outside a Cafe once but I realised a short while later my fly was undone.

Kurt Capewell enters the chat.

Reflector

Juniors
Tingha … approached him ar fox studios and told him he didn’t belong in union and we missed him at the red v. Forget about Wayne Pearce not picking him for origin he was playing in a band now

Paul Gallen .. saphire kings cross. Legend. Winding him up about the dive he took at kogarah to win a game and next time he was there look in the crowd I’d be giving him the finger. Tried to fix me up with his hot ex she brushed me lol

k.hunt …. Mooseheads club Canberra. Cool dude he hung around for ages

Paul Wellens…. Some club in the melb cas after a World Cup game where they got smashed. Gentlemen, we were both wasted talking league for ages

checchin … my old gym on five dock. I was trying to give him tips on how to ref games lol, champion guy

pushed in front of someone in subway turned out it was the 8th with his family lol

John ribot was dating my cousins wife cousin. He got us into the storm sheds. Matt Geyer and Aaron mule were so nice. Shared a car with ribot and he still talked about a 12 team league. This was around 2005 or so. Didn’t have the guts to give him a spray
Did he say anything about one of those 12 teams being Logan?

T-Boon

Coach
I met Jerry Seinfeld when he came out here to do an ad. Actually I got to spend a few hours with him and he is initially not that nice / but he got to know me a bit and we had a coupe of laughs in the end. I told him I always preferred Newman and thought he should have a spin off show.

Fangs

Coach
I met Jerry Seinfeld when he came out here to do an ad. Actually I got to spend a few hours with him and he is initially not that nice / but he got to know me a bit and we had a coupe of laughs in the end. I told him I always preferred Newman and thought he should have a spin off show.

Should have told him Seinfeld didn't need canned laughter.

Wb1234

Referee
This is cross code

mate was as bouncer at a bar in world square

Barry hall was about to get jumped by five thugs and my bouncer mate and me had to jump in and protect him from a flogging

he was so scared he dropped his men’s gallery vip card which we made good use of years after

another was in the 90s

i was standing in a parking spot holding it whilst my mate was going around the block to get it

Ian Roberts pulls over in his car and tries to get it and I’m like nah mate I’m holding this for someone

he wasn’t too happy with this but ended up driving off

T-Boon

Coach
This is cross code

mate was as bouncer at a bar in world square

Barry hall was about to get jumped by five thugs and my bouncer mate and me had to jump in and protect him from a flogging

he was so scared he dropped his men’s gallery vip card which we made good use of years after

another was in the 90s

i was standing in a parking spot holding it whilst my mate was going around the block to get it

Ian Roberts pulls over in his car and tries to get it and I’m like nah mate I’m holding this for someone

he wasn’t too happy with this but ended up driving off
Roberts should have levelled you over that. It is not on. I’d almost run a person down standing in a spot “holding” it.