What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mental Health

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I did Movember once.
My girlfriend at the time got pissed off because I “didn’t discuss it with her first”.

We weren’t together for long after that.
Ahaha that’s gold mate. Mrs Lorenson reckons she’s not that into it but I’m starting to get a distinct Tom Selleck look about me so she’ll change her mind.

T.S Quint

Coach
You should have told her you were OK if she wanted to do it too...

She was not a fan of facial hair on men at all. I kept myself clean shaven the whole time we were together.

She ended up getting married having kids with some bloke with a full beard. I guess she had to settle eventually.

T.S Quint

Coach

Stevie

Bench
Hey Guys, hope everyone is doing ok. Since we last spoke I’ve really pushed the envelope re safe space at work and have found ppl in my team have been dying to share their stories in a safe space.

Imagine my surprise when my GM dropped into a meeting when a team member shared a “value share” about his challenges with his brother who was bipolar. Moral of the story be kind as you don’t know what ppl are dealing with.

My GM then thanked him and shared he struggles with mental health EVERY day and that he has attempted suicide. You could hear a pin drop.

Guys, I cannot tell you how much this has re written our team’s comfort in sharing.
It’s been a pivotal moment.

I’m super grateful we are getting better at being honest, and that it’s being received properly.

Keep talking, bring honest, because people care about you. And it almost ALWAYS passes.

Gronk

Staff member

1703045513848.png

the phantom menace

First Grade
I've never been a big fan of this time of year... but I like to compare my feelings about the festive season to Phoebe Cates' character in Gremlins - and then realise that things are much better than they could be 😂

I’m not sure if LU is very good for the mental health these days.

There’s a lot of bullies here unfortunately who want to control what you can post.

Not the mods either lol.

The Colonel

Immortal
I am working with an organisation called Youth Insearch at the moment. Later this week there will be an anouncement about a program they will be running for End Youth Suicide Week called Brighter Day - they are hoping to make a big impact with it. if you are interested in getting involved watch out for their website for the launch - https://brighterday.org.au/ - and if you are so inclined get behind it. Fantastic organisation that looks after at risk youth and is very dear to my heart.

emjaycee

Coach
My mental health is so much better without the anxiety of my son being away from home. He arrived back from San Diego yesterday. Safe and well. I couldn’t be more happy and proud.
Is he back to stay or just for the holidays mate?