What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

Trifili13

Juniors
"So if we are basing the likely starting team on the above photo and comments by Flano re Bird and Sloan etc"
Stop there.. that is where we all go wrong
Does anyone on this form honestly think Flanno's is letting the world know the make up of the side come R1..now?
What do you mean, I thought it was the role of this forum to recruit the 30 man squad and pick the run on team and reserves.

"So if we are basing the likely starting team on the above photo and comments by Flano re Bird and Sloan etc"
Stop there.. that is where we all go wrong
Does anyone on this form honestly think Flanno's is letting the world know the make up of the side come R1..now?
I doubt that Flanno has seriously considered his top 17 yet

This is what the trials and training are for

Some dudes train the house down but then fail to perform on the field

Many positions open for top 17

Dragon David

First Grade
I doubt that Flanno has seriously considered his top 17 yet

This is what the trials and training are for

Some dudes train the house down but then fail to perform on the field

Many positions open for top 17
Agreed.

Flanno would be out of his mind if he has already selected his run on side for Round 1. Until such time as the two trial games are done and dusted will he be in a position to pick his side for publication on that Tuesday before the 1st round starts. There are injuries that might happen to one or to several players and as such back-ups will be selected and other factors that might arise from the trials that would determine the usual final number of 19 which is culled to 17 prior to game day.

TheRev

First Grade
We 100% need a Hooker for our 30th spot (or I suppose a half if Marschke thinks hes a better hooker than half).

I dont love the depth in our back 5 (was ok when Allan was around), but Hooker is emergency stations if Liddle gets an injury.

Note: Because of the above... I will be really surprised if we do end up with Tuipulotu ..., maybe he doesnt feel our other options are ready, if so he must really be out of love with both Feagais.... and maybe he thinks Marshke can be our injury cover 6/7 and 9? But thats a bit silly imo.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
HFinau is an electric lil unit, but I have no idea if he can tackle for long minutes.. Or the quality of service, like I haven't seem him do long minutes.. Im not sure we can keep HFinau if he's a pure 14.

Anyway everyone has a clean slate imo, but if we're chasing woolford, maybe flanno feels we we need a replacement.

I do wish one of the SG or JF hookers was knocking the door down also.. There's been no pressure for a while now.

hook hook

Juniors
HFinau is an electric lil unit, but I have no idea if he can tackle for long minutes.. Or the quality of service, like I haven't seem him do long minutes.. Im not sure we can keep HFinau if he's a pure 14.

Anyway everyone has a clean slate imo, but if we're chasing woolford, maybe flanno feels we we need a replacement.

I do wish one of the SG or JF hookers was knocking the door down also.. There's been no pressure for a while now.
seems perfect for what we need right now, giving Liddle a short rest without losing a dynamic dummy half

TheRev

First Grade
Jesse Marchke (whatever his nae is from the Bears) will surely provide cover for Liddle or Kyle. Maybe slot Kyle to hooker to give Liddle a rest and bring in Jessie at 5/8. He did win player of the season for that position in that comp didn't he?
Insiders say he's killing it.. but he's also our only real halves cover.. King Togia is a baby, not even in our dev squad yet.. its pretty much Paul Turner or Jack Bird as our backup, and reserve grade halves... maybe Reed gets a promo.. but no need to rush all of them.

But Jeremy mentioned the names of 2 reserve grade level halves that we have signed again as I would think train & trial, unless one is slipping into our 30.. we definitely need to work on our 6/7/9 stocks..

Latest posts