What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

TheRev

First Grade
I can only thing that 2 Train & Trial halves are intend to be our NSW Cup halves, or 1 plays and 1 is a backup..like I assume King-Togia is playing reserves but maybe he will spend much of the year in Flegg partnering Reed?

Which might mean that Marschke is already lined up as our 14 or some such..

Wolfgang90

Juniors

denis preston

First Grade
According to the article it sounds like Manly’s Christian Tuipulotu is coming to us for 2024, hopefully in the next week or so!
I don’t think he should be a priority. Surely a ready to go NRL 9 or front rower ? Unless Flanno has already made the call that the Feagels , Finau, Tamale& Sloan can’t do the job.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I don’t think he should be a priority. Surely a ready to go NRL 9 or front rower ? Unless Flanno has already made the call that the Feagels , Finau, Tamale& Sloan can’t do the job.

Fair enough, they're all lacking size compared to him, so I'm assuming Flanno wants a big body kick return winger. I'm going to assume it cements Lomax at FB or Centre if we get Christian. We've got a few front rowers already but another NRL quality 9 would be very helpful.

TheRev

First Grade
This is my thought also, although in terms of props.. im only interested in marquee props now, we have enough kids with potential to last us till 2030.... but marquees are very hard to come by, so I think thats a 2025/2026 proposition.

Flanno must have seen something he liked in Tuipulotu... but he does seem like a speculative purchase.. im sure he would much rather have Allan who is more flexible.. but Tuipulotu is open to an instant move.. so that puts him in front of a lot of options already.

TheRev

First Grade
I had Mat Feagai with a chance of redemption in 2024, but the way Flanno has almost done everything possible to find someone else for the left wing (Allan, SFinau, Tamale, Tuipolotu, Lomax lol), Mat mustn't be delivering at training.. or perhaps hes injured beyond repair.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I had Mat Feagai with a chance of redemption in 2024, but the way Flanno has almost done everything possible to find someone else for the left wing (Allan, SFinau, Tamale, Tuipolotu, Lomax lol), Mat mustn't be delivering at training.. or perhaps hes injured beyond repair.
Maybe just not quite up to it at NRL level? I think he will go quite well in the Super League At centre.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Fair enough, they're all lacking size compared to him, so I'm assuming Flanno wants a big body kick return winger. I'm going to assume it cements Lomax at FB or Centre if we get Christian. We've got a few front rowers already but another NRL quality 9 would be very helpful.
Cronulla did it effectively in 2016. Back 3 made really good metres returning the ball etc…

BLM01

First Grade
This is my thought also, although in terms of props.. im only interested in marquee props now, we have enough kids with potential to last us till 2030.... but marquees are very hard to come by, so I think thats a 2025/2026 proposition.

Flanno must have seen something he liked in Tuipulotu... but he does seem like a speculative purchase.. im sure he would much rather have Allan who is more flexible.. but Tuipulotu is open to an instant move.. so that puts him in front of a lot of options already.
Id say you are right considering Allan was signed first and training mostly on the wing

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I am tempering my emotions, but definitely feeling 1000x better than leading into the 2023 season!

I want to appreciate what I’m seeing.

A complete last chance saloon rebuild. From the ground up.

This flock of juniors coming through is superb timing. But they are still just kids. And there will be teething problems. Maybe some toothaches and they suck. But, it’s a total rebuild.

I’d hope that the off season improvements over one off season are comparable to when Bennett took over from Brown, so 08 to 09, keeping in mind the 08 team made the 8 and that this is no 09 team in comparative hindsight, but a team that went from fringe to front runners, might see us go from cellar to fringe, if you catch my drift. I think lack of depth might be a problem at some stage. Hopefully that isn’t early and the side shows promise as a Flanno team and they play hard for 80 and take pride in defending.

If we see it heading there, I’m happy and I’m enthused for the first time in a decade.

Latest posts