What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redv13

Bench
Phil Slothfield said the Titans were very disappointing as they were only playing St George. Tallis jumps in and says we just praised the dragons haaa then Slothfield says but they were long odds on to win yadi yadi yadi… He’s such a hateful f**kwit
It’s Slothfield. I wouldn’t even wipe my dogs ass with any of his articles from the tellecrap. He’s a massive douche bag

steerlerbab

Juniors
we wi

we will find out our depth reserves come origin when Hunt plays for QL i think we have more depth in every position than in our halves.
Hunt might not make it to State of Origin. Queensland have an abundance of young halves (Ezra Mann and Deardon) and hookers (Paix) to partner Cherry Evans, Monster and Harry Grant.

I think they will go with Cherry Evans, Monsterm Harry Grant and Ezra will be no 14. Hunt will be 7 or 8 in the list and he will make it to Queensland team if there are some injuries.

Looks like Flanno junior will play a role similar to Widdop. That is he will be sharing a lot of organising with Hunt. So we might squeeze in top 8 as we did back in 2018

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Where do you get 400-500 average pte payments etc
If you are right assuming only 3 mill over 5 years is 600k a year average
I have no doubt early years on less than 600 and backended later years which is where the 800 is coming from
Something like 400 400 600 800 800 or similar

About five media articles said 6 years at $3m when Lomax signed on……plus he was still with us in 2020 on an existing contract…….which we may evened out also.

Mate I am not disagreeing we maybe paying him $800k this season but it is within the context of a $500k pa average salary - that reporting was rubbish the other night.

We have forward paid no doubt a stack of players in 2023 / 24 so we can go super hard for 2025/26 recruits external and or internal

But when they light up on NRL360 about $800k that is such BS when the average was $500k pa which is about right if not good value for the Dragons !!!

Why didn’t they say if we ballooned 2024 that we have him on a seriously good deal in 25/26?

Let’s just say this is what we went with to pre pay in 2024 while had a a lot of cap space

2021 - $400k
2022 - $500k
2023 - $500k
2024 - $800k
2025 - $400k
2026 - $400k

Hence if Lomax did take forward payments he maybe trying to double dip into 25/26 knowing another club may bring willing to add another $200k pa plus in 25/26 if they only had to match his approx $400k pa

Last edited:

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I just watched Mondays NRL 360 on fox just out of interest, which I normally bypass in the past.

What tosser and complete FWit is Bwaiff. It’s not hard to see off the bat that he absolutely hates us.

He’s definitely not smart enough to be an anchor for that show and I actually hated him more than Tallis and Slothfield on this particular episode.

You would think that the Dragons put one on his chin instead of his most embarrassing moment when David Fa’alogo whacked him.

Maybe that whack did some brain damage because he actually reminds of Dumbo the elephant with the ears and all, he definitely has some wings happening.

The whole show is gross and I will never watch again.

I just watched Mondays NRL 360 on fox just out of interest, which I normally bypass in the past.

What tosser and complete FWit is Bwaiff. It’s not hard to see off the bat that he absolutely hates us.

He’s definitely not smart enough to be an anchor for that show and I actually hated him more than Tallis and Slothfield on this particular episode.

You would think that the Dragons put one on his chin instead of his most embarrassing moment when David Fa’alogo whacked him.

Maybe that whack did some brain damage because he actually reminds of Dumbo the elephant with the ears and all, he definitely has some wings happening.

The whole show is gross and I will never watch again.
It was sickening listening to him defend the Rooster's salary cap.
Talk about sucking up to Uncle Nick!
His arse is probably still sore from the spanking he took last year when he claimed 'As if they (Rorters) are not cheating"

Draginzaaar

Bench
About five media articles said 6 years at $3m when Lomax signed on……plus he was still with us in 2020 on an existing contract…….which we may evened out also.

Mate I am not disagreeing we maybe paying him $800k this season but it is within the context of a $500k pa average salary - that reporting was rubbish the other night.

We have forward paid no doubt a stack of players in 2023 / 24 so we can go super hard for 2025/26 recruits external and or internal

But when they light up on NRL360 about $800k that is such BS when the average was $500k pa which is about right if not good value for the Dragons !!!

Why didn’t they say if we ballooned 2024 that we have him on a seriously good deal in 25/26?

Let’s just say this is what we went with to pre pay in 2024 while had a a lot of cap space

2021 - $400k
2022 - $500k
2023 - $500k
2024 - $800k
2025 - $400k
2026 - $400k

Hence if Lomax did take forward payments he maybe trying to double dip into 25/26 knowing another club may bring willing to add another $200k pa plus in 25/26 if they only had to match his approx $400k pa
And you know all this how? He may be getting $800,000 a season. How would you know he's not?

maestro1

Bench
His arse is probably still sore from the spanking he took last year when he claimed 'As if they (Rorters) are not cheating"
He categorically announced about all the benefits (post NRL career) that continue forever after signing with the roosters. He said he speaks to Uncle Nick once a fortnight. He also said that it is smart to take 100knor so less to sign with the roosters and benefit forever.

We are definitely his most hated team. Unfortunately while he anchors that show, we will continually be in the news for Ben Hunt, Zac Lomax type discussions.

St Tangles

Bench
When he said he'd never received a third party payment I almost fell off my chair

He has too many tells when he lies

Parko1310

Juniors
Haha the media just keep giving our lads fuel. Honestly, if they don't rate us who gives a shit? Braith Anasta's opinion is hardly relevant and his praise is not highly sought after. He's an absolute dope. I encourage people to check out one of my favourite Twitter pages that has been pretty inactive since Braith went out of commentary called "shit braith says". Great content, and shows his intellect is pretty close to 0. I'd just make sure the team sees these comments in the media like "it was only the Dragons", or those less obvious jibes like Anasta stating that yes the Cows and Eels played well. Only adds fuel to the fire, and these are the same people who tipped us for the spoon when all of us knew we wouldn't be getting it. They have no opinion of their own and like to join the pile on. f**k em, lets go and prove them wrong and shut them up. Plus keeping receipts on this type of shit could make for some pretty good signage at home games this year..

Draginzaaar

Bench
He categorically announced about all the benefits (post NRL career) that continue forever after signing with the roosters. He said he speaks to Uncle Nick once a fortnight. He also said that it is smart to take 100knor so less to sign with the roosters and benefit forever.

We are definitely his most hated team. Unfortunately while he anchors that show, we will continually be in the news for Ben Hunt, Zac Lomax type discussions.
Well I just watched the show and Anasta had more of a dig at the Bulldogs than the Dragons. You blokes must have blinkers on.

justadragon

Bench
Haha the media just keep giving our lads fuel. Honestly, if they don't rate us who gives a shit? Braith Anasta's opinion is hardly relevant and his praise is not highly sought after. He's an absolute dope. I encourage people to check out one of my favourite Twitter pages that has been pretty inactive since Braith went out of commentary called "shit braith says". Great content, and shows his intellect is pretty close to 0. I'd just make sure the team sees these comments in the media like "it was only the Dragons", or those less obvious jibes like Anasta stating that yes the Cows and Eels played well. Only adds fuel to the fire, and these are the same people who tipped us for the spoon when all of us knew we wouldn't be getting it. They have no opinion of their own and like to join the pile on. f**k em, lets go and prove them wrong and shut them up. Plus keeping receipts on this type of shit could make for some pretty good signage at home games this year..
Ok, lets put things into perspective, last year I think we lost numerous games by a few points ( 6 or less ). This was with a shit coach, shit game structures, the whole lot revolved around Hunt, unfit and overweight players, 0 confidence and the complete mismanagement of our juniors, right across the club all our grades were shit. Here we are with Flanno who actually knows what he is doing, were our players really that crap, I think not !!! Yes we may not make the 8 but my enjoyment so far has come from the attitude and physical change in the players, if that continues for the rest of the season I'll be more than happy and whatever the media says can go and F&^K itself. I do believe that Sloans last try was referred to by the commentators as "gorgeous football by the Dragons" , that's all I need in my life.

kit66

Bench

My biggest game each year is the Anzac clash with the Rorters, a win in that really means a lot to me for some reason.
I'd like nothing more than for our new look team to come out and absolutely smash those Rorting elitist scum this year and put it right up losers like Braith fkng Anasta. Please.

kit66

Bench
Ok, lets put things into perspective, last year I think we lost numerous games by a few points ( 6 or less ). This was with a shit coach, shit game structures, the whole lot revolved around Hunt, unfit and overweight players, 0 confidence and the complete mismanagement of our juniors, right across the club all our grades were shit. Here we are with Flanno who actually knows what he is doing, were our players really that crap, I think not !!! Yes we may not make the 8 but my enjoyment so far has come from the attitude and physical change in the players, if that continues for the rest of the season I'll be more than happy and whatever the media says can go and F&^K itself. I do believe that Sloans last try was referred to by the commentators as "gorgeous football by the Dragons" , that's all I need in my life.

I posted a few times last year that our forwards could match it with all but the top3 or 4 packs in the comp and that it was our halves and more often our backs that let us down week in week out. Throw in our clueless coaching and we ended up 16th on the ladder. Unfit players, disorganized defence, one out running, never getting early ball out wide etc, etc.
We have some very serviceable players who need to do nothing more than do their jobs effectively.
That's the basis there and Flanno has come in, identified the weaknesses, physical, mental, tactical and sorted us out.
We were sh*t out wide so he moved Bird and Lomax, he got the boys all fit and focused and bought in some really handy players (such a shame we couldn't land AFB but ....), reorganized our defence and restructured our attack, then somehow got our underperformers to go up to a whole new level. Look at us now. Early days but it's looking good. I've been buzzing all week, maybe even since the Wests game. Best of all the boys look happy and confident.
I want more of that !

Dragon David

First Grade
I posted a few times last year that our forwards could match it with all but the top3 or 4 packs in the comp and that it was our halves and more often our backs that let us down week in week out. Throw in our clueless coaching and we ended up 16th on the ladder. Unfit players, disorganized defence, one out running, never getting early ball out wide etc, etc.
We have some very serviceable players who need to do nothing more than do their jobs effectively.
That's the basis there and Flanno has come in, identified the weaknesses, physical, mental, tactical and sorted us out.
We were sh*t out wide so he moved Bird and Lomax, he got the boys all fit and focused and bought in some really handy players (such a shame we couldn't land AFB but ....), reorganized our defence and restructured our attack, then somehow got our underperformers to go up to a whole new level. Look at us now. Early days but it's looking good. I've been buzzing all week, maybe even since the Wests game. Best of all the boys look happy and confident.
I want more of that !
The euphoria of seeing us scoring tries has been unbelievable. Sloan scoring a hat-trick no-one would have expected (I expected at least two against the Titans but the third, well what can you say - it was sublime). The defence has been amazing as well.

Now that we have seen how much we have improved just in 2-3 games indicates to me that the side will improve more as the year progresses and particularly when the likes of Lawrie, Sele and Leilua come into the team.

Plenty to look forward to fellas. The feeling is fantastic.

Latest posts