What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 3 2024: Parra v Manly GAME DAY thread @ Commbank Stadium March 24th

yy_cheng

Coach
My concern would be defense. Even when we had large amounts of the ball they found holes and ripped us up. And not just outside but also in the middle.
We played great don't get me wrong but I wouldn't backcus to beat them at Brookvale.
They still managed 6 linebreaks to our 4.And ours where close to the line jobs. The way sides shred our edges is a huge concern.
The Dogs did it twice for two tries and bar a poor option the the halfback it would of been 3 times . And it isn't like they had much ball or chances.
Defense wins matches. Need to sort it cause at the moment once a side gets inside our 20 we look f**ked
A few times it was kelma. He likes to chase the ball carrier across field and exposes a pass back that changes the angle. He is also slow laterally. Tbh, i wouldnt have him in the team unless he can play like carty.

Give the spot to blaize even if he doesn't get alot of minutes or he comes on when a game is won and as well as cover for a fallen back

He can play 6,4 and 1

Hoppy would be the dummy half when lussick tires in the games where we are defending heaps

Gronk

Staff member
I don't get why sides find overlaps so easily. Has to be a coaching issue.
It's because Manly have ball playing 13 which unlocks their halves and fullback, gives them wdith and allows Turbo to do the full sweep at pace.

Angry Ant Nathan Brown was trying to do the same thing when Jurbo was playing prop, but just didn't have the skill.

It might be a "coaching issue", and you can coach against that Souths LHS or Panthers set plays off a scrum all you like but they are just too f**king good at it. Same with DCE and Turbo.

TheParraboy

Staff member
What's the go with the goal kicking.

Moses has taken 1 shot both weeks but the rest is with Gutho.

Is it just picking and choosing atm.

Seems bizarre moses would take 1 shot at goal but leave the rest with Gutho.

Either he can't goal kick or he can. Unless its just managing the niggle he has in the groin.

I dont mind, means less sweet friggin caroline blasting the airwaves , the better....

Apparently ?? this is the song Moses wants played after he scores a try or kicks a goal

Soto

Bench
Dally M votes: Mitch Moses 6, J'maine Hopgood 2, Junior Paulo 2, Daly Cherry-Evans 1, Tom Trbojevic 1

Dally M Leaderboard after Round 3​

12 points
Nicho Hynes (Sharks)

11 points
James Tedesco (Roosters)

10 points
Ryan Papenhuyzen (Storm)
Tom Trbojevic (Sea Eagles)

8 points
Zac Hosking (Raiders)

7 points
Kalyn Ponga (Knights)
Luke Brooks (Sea Eagles)
Viliame Kikau (Bulldogs)

6 points
Api Koroisau (Wests Tigers)
Bryce Cartwright (Eels)
Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (Dolphins)
Izack Tago (Panthers)
Mitch Moses (Eels)
Tohu Harris (Warriors)
Nathan Cleary (Panthers)

Wow so Dylan Brown didn't play yday? Really...

TheParraboy

Staff member
Its been Moses song since commbank opened.

Do you want more of the Bollywood music that we got at halftime yesterday.

Couldnt care less at HT, out of my seat having a beer out back..

btw isnt that a yearly one off anyway for cultural week? give me that once a year over SC anyday..

Latest posts