What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

age.s

First Grade
His dad being who he is wouldn't hurt, but I doubt it could be best described as nepotism. Much more likely they're seeing it as a good opportunity to see how far the apple fell from the tree. Give him a taste and see what he does with it.

After all we've seen from the club this decade, they deserve a bit of grace around their decisions how/when to blood juniors.

murraymob

Coach
H
Mark Geyer was a Penrith legend. A Kangaroo, SOO player and part of the inaugural Premiership winning team. 33 years later, his son debuting is a huge deal. On top of that MG is a media personality with a high public profile.

As well as the foregoing, those who know him well in and around the Penrith district reckon he is a great bloke as well.
e is still lives in the area and regular is out and about and always up for a beer and chat

Crashtest

Juniors
Don't give me this his dad is a good bloke has great sperm crap.. if we lose, its coz ivan and the media made a bad decision pumping this kid up, we are creating another bryce cartwright

It was Ivan that was wiling to pay a lot of money for self entitled juniors to leave and play elsewhere though. So he could build the sort of high performance culture that wins three back to back premierships. It’s safe to say he won’t create another Bryce.

YoungPanther

Juniors
I haven't been overly wrapped with Mav either, but they don't hand out first grade jumpers to just anyone at Penrith, so couldn't see Ivan selecting him unless he felt he could do a job.

Next one up.

John Hamblin

Juniors
I have watched him a few times he seems average at best. However he has been 18th man a couple of times so he should get picked this week.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Shows how out of touch I am. I had no idea who the above bloke was pouncing around in a Panthers jersey.

Scotty too hotty did a great job with the interview too. I'm sure they were 'fans boys' within the Penrith team over this.....Romey, Bizza etc.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Shows how out of touch I am. I had no idea who the above bloke was pouncing around in a Panthers jersey.

Scotty too hotty did a great job with the interview too. I'm sure they were 'fans boys' within the Penrith team over this.....Romey, Bizza etc.
That's not just "out of touch" - that's literally living under a rock for the past decade...

Pretty sure there are hermits living in the Himalayas who know who Jack Black is ;)