What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Community sport literally only requires the grass not have bindis or dog shit on it.

Leichhardt does that
A bit of an exaggeration but effectively yeah.
LO is at a point now where you’d likely scale the facilities back and return it to being mostly terraced and hills with maybe a small covered grandstand for the local members, like Henson Park.
Less expensive stuff to maintain.

Last edited:
I strongly suspect Shane Richardson knows they have buckley's chance of getting funding from the NSW Government to refurbish Leichhardt Oval up to what we would all consider NRL standard.

I think that he can then turn to the Board and say "well, we tried, we couldn't get any, we're gonna have to move elsewhere for our future financial viability", and that is how they will sell it to the Tigers supporter base.

Its been acknowledged for a long time (as in decades) that the Tigers comparatively lose money playing at LO compared to elsewhere. Fiduciary obligations to the club, both the Football Club, and Wests Leagues Club at Ashfield, will see the boards permit the move unless money arrives to refurbish LO.

Bukowski

Juniors
I strongly suspect Shane Richardson knows they have buckley's chance of getting funding from the NSW Government to refurbish Leichhardt Oval up to what we would all consider NRL standard.

I think that he can then turn to the Board and say "well, we tried, we couldn't get any, we're gonna have to move elsewhere for our future financial viability", and that is how they will sell it to the Tigers supporter base.

Its been acknowledged for a long time (as in decades) that the Tigers comparatively lose money playing at LO compared to elsewhere. Fiduciary obligations to the club, both the Football Club, and Wests Leagues Club at Ashfield, will see the boards permit the move unless money arrives to refurbish LO.
If Wests Ashfield made the call it would bring up all sorts of Wests v Balmain shit. This way on 'outsider' has made the call. The right call

Brutus

Referee
The Tigers should build a stadium in Airds.

That would suit them more than a trendy area like Lilyfield.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Tigers aren’t leaving leichardt

the lack of corporates isn’t a new thing

they tried accor before it wasn’t that well received

allianz is where they should play their big games and then maybe 3 games each for the rest
My mate who was the Vice Chancellor of UTS and since he retired is still is involved with UTS and goes to the all the games at Leichhardt , he loves it , even though the corporate facilities are archaic and they basically have a BBQ out the back after the day games, he said being so close to the action you just can't beat .
I had to laugh though because i rang him not long after the Tigers won the other night and he said i will have to ring you back as he was caught in a crowd crush trying to get out of the ground.

horrie hastings

First Grade
The best thing that could happen for the Tigers would be for the grandstand at LO to burn down. Surely Benny knows a bloke?!

Concrete doesn't burn, although all the contents in it might burn, i'm talking about the Latchem Robinson stand.
The little wooden grandstand would probably burn down quite easily but they could probably just put a few white ants or termites in there and have it condemned like the other wooden grand stand was years ago.