What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
Still say 3-4 blockbuster games at allianz with reciprocal membership entry and rest at a redeveloped Campbelltown is an obvious win win. Sydney city based fans get a 6-8 game membership and campbelltown get 8-9 games to build the base down there And justify a stadium upgrade.

Play souths, roosters, parra and bulldogs at allianz. Nrl gets some big crowds and tigers keep a foot in both camps But in a far more lucrative and positive way.

Wb1234

Referee
I love how there was no alternate argument offered. For all those wonderful, full house, sunny afternoon pictures of LO, no one showed a picture of it in the rain.

Love LO. Been there many times and the crowd has always been great in spite what some reports say and I was comfortable not bothering to get a drink due to lines. I’ve also been there on cold, rainy nights standing in the mud with a crowd scraping just under 3k and you think, why the f**k are we still here in this day and age? I get the nostalgia and I have it for the old Sports Ground but I wouldn’t swap it for Allianz in a million years. Ask a Parra fan old enough to remember Cumberland Oval if they would swap it for CommBank.

Time to stop dithering. Tigers together with Wanderers, should commit to and push for Campbeltown to get done. Maybe Wanderers should play at Campbeltown, Penrith and CommBank. At least that way they live up to their name.
So they should only host games there when it doesn’t rain ? Lmao

Wb1234

Referee
This is the first year in ages when they aren’t playing home games at accor or commbank

they tried it it failed

crowds at Campbelltown have been awful. Wests never established that area as their territory

for money making purposes south’s dragons chooks and maybe parra at allianz would work with the light rail line but the club will never give up lo imo

they would lose a huge part of their fan base

Perth Red

Post Whore
This is the first year in ages when they aren’t playing home games at accor or commbank

they tried it it failed

crowds at Campbelltown have been awful. Wests never established that area as their territory

for money making purposes south’s dragons chooks and maybe parra at allianz would work with the light rail line but the club will never give up lo imo

they would lose a huge part of their fan base
tigers only got 7k ticketed members. It’s not like what they are doing is working!

i reckon Richardson has walked in, looked at the books and gone wtf!

he could be best thing to happen to them if they support him to make the changes needed.

Vlad59

Juniors
Richardson mentioned 9600 juniors. That includes group 6. The vast majority of Wests Tigers junior base is nowhere near Balmain or LO. The population base it will grow from is nowhere near Balmain or LO. The future for the club must therefore be in Balmain playing at LO? I think not.

Steel Saints

Juniors
Asking because I’m not aware but is Penrith going to house the majority of the population in Western Parkland City or is it going to be south of the airport?

If it is south of the airport wouldn’t that area need a stadium more than Penrith?

It has been stated for a while about the projected population growth in the SW corridor. But Penrith will also have population growth. From the naked eye, a stadium, south of the airport might have been more applicable.

But the Panthers were good at lobbying. While with the Tigers, they are all over the place. One minute, the Tigers want a 20k stadium at Liverpool, the next minute they want $30 million for Leichhardt.

Wb1234

Referee
I’m sure watching your West COKE druggies will make you feel better .
Richardson mentioned 9600 juniors. That includes group 6. The vast majority of Wests Tigers junior base is nowhere near Balmain or LO. The population base it will grow from is nowhere near Balmain or LO. The future for the club must therefore be in Balmain playing at LO? I think not.
Cough cough shark
That’s not what I said or even implied, though. Modern stadiums aren’t weather effected
They are less affected by weather

but let’s be real If it’s raining a lot people will just stay at home and watch it on fox

but let’s be real If it’s raining a lot people will just stay at home and watch it on fox
Sure but as you said, “ less effected”. There’s also a ton of money to be made with the corporate facilities you get in a modern stadium which LO can never provide. I fear the club is being left behind with their dithering. Time to modernise.

Vlad59

Juniors
Cough cough shark

Our ground is located where our thousands of juniors are based. It’s not much of a ground but it’s better than LO and located next to our leagues club. See the difference?

Wb1234

Referee
Our ground is located where our thousands of juniors are based. It’s not much of a ground but it’s better than LO and located next to our leagues club. See the difference?
Surrounded by dragons territory no room for growth

plus ground received 20 million in govt funds despite being privately owned

those in glass houses …..
Sure but as you said, “ less effected”. There’s also a ton of money to be made with the corporate facilities you get in a modern stadium which LO can never provide. I fear the club is being left behind with their dithering. Time to modernise.
CommBank and accor didn’t work

lo plays a part in their game day mix

don’t need to make massive money on each game

Last edited:
CommBank and accor didn’t work

lo plays a part in their game day mix

don’t need to make massive money on each game
You could argue that neither being in either supporter bases’ area combined with - shit form so why travel - a contributing factor. And your last sentence doesn’t speak much of ambition now, does it. Save for a rainy day and all that.

Wb1234

Referee
So moving to Campbelltown will bring them closer to their leagues club in Ashfield ?

or the Balmain leagues club when it’s built

shark park or Lo ? I’d take the latter tbh

So moving to Campbelltown will bring them closer to their leagues club in Ashfield ?

Mate, Ashfield is the new China Town, there are plenty of locals to fill the pokey room and I don’t think they want footy fans bothering the punters anyway. Also, I don’t think too many fans walk out of LO and go to Ashfield Leagues as it’s a pain in the arse to get to. Orange Grove more likely.

Wb1234

Referee
Mate, Ashfield is the new China Town, there are plenty of locals to fill the pokey room and I don’t think they want footy fans bothering the punters anyway. Also, I don’t think too many fans walk out of LO and go to Ashfield Leagues as it’s a pain in the arse to get to. Orange Grove more likely.
Balmain leagues then

tigers have been there for 90 years they aren’t leaving

Vlad59

Juniors

Seriously mate some times you just have to accept you’re off the mark. The Tigers need to settle on a base. If you think it’s LO and are serious then that’s your problem as nobody agrees with you. When nobody agrees with you that usually means one thing. Guess what it is?
As for comparing LO with Shark Park I can only assume you’re joking. Neither are much chop but LO is a dump with massive ohs issues. Balmain are dead.
The tigers need to move to where their supporter base will be. That ain’t Balmain. As for the Sharks. We will need to consider our options in time. We basically own the St George junior league comp, and we are growing our wealth base. But keep defending LO. It’s a lonely pointless venture but you know, go you.

Latest posts