What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fiji's bid for 18th NRL license

jim_57

Staff member
Does anyone think Fiji has a realistic chance of getting an NRL licence?

I don't.

It’d need a similar push from the Aus Government that PNG is getting. Even then PNG would probably have to be somehow paying for themselves and slowly weaned off government money which is unlikely.

A few teams in the NSW systems would be good though. Jersey Flegg is set up now but another junior team or 2 and a senior team in NSW Cup would be good.

RedVee

First Grade
It’d need a similar push from the Aus Government that PNG is getting. Even then PNG would probably have to be somehow paying for themselves and slowly weaned off government money which is unlikely.

A few teams in the NSW systems would be good though. Jersey Flegg is set up now but another junior team or 2 and a senior team in NSW Cup would be good.
I think we (Aust Govt through the Pacific Sport thing) pay some millions to enable the Fiji Drua men and women’s super rugby teams to play in that comp.
So it isn’t unprecedented.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think we (Aust Govt through the Pacific Sport thing) pay some millions to enable the Fiji Drua men and women’s super rugby teams to play in that comp.
So it isn’t unprecedented.
Yep they get $1.8mill a year of our hard earned. An nrl club is going To need eight to ten times that.

MugaB

Coach
Yep they get $1.8mill a year of our hard earned. An nrl club is going To need eight to ten times that.
Luckily the mines in Perth cover that expense, all that tax the govts love to get from them will just get diverted to that, go perffffffffff!!!!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Luckily the mines in Perth cover that expense, all that tax the govts love to get from them will just get diverted to that, go perffffffffff!!!!!
It’s staggering how you and donkey bring perth into literally every thread, not obsessed at all lol

MugaB

Coach
It’s staggering how you and donkey bring perth into literally every thread, not obsessed at all lol
Must have something to do with your dumb/bias comments... so we don't need to spend ANY tax payers money on a perf team right???

Maximus

Coach
You think a 14k athletics stadium is fit for regular nrl games?

View attachment 85808

If that's the case then why do you want to put a team in this dump?

View attachment 85860

Neither do I, but if Perth Red is going to condemn other clubs for playing at similar grounds then he's not in a position to push for the Pirates to play out of PRS in a black, red and gold jersey that's reserved for them.

Calling those 2 "similar" proves you are either the dumbest person to have ever existed, or the worst troll on the internet.

Latest posts