What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Warriors @ Go Media Stadium, Penrose / Aotearoa

Who will win? Round 4: Warriors v Newcastle

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Changes I would make next week:

2. Anyone but Jenkins
6. Pryce. Gamble has been the better of our halves this year, but not by that much. We need to offer more with the ball, and I think Pryce can do that. He can't tackle, but we need more options with the ball.
7. Hastings. This one needs no justification.

Brails minutes to be increased substantially. Maybe no starting yet, but try to get a good 40 out of him at least. Crossland only on the field if he's at hooker.

At least one Saifiti on the bench. I'd drop one of them too if we had any prop depth. I'm tempted to anyway.

Changes I would make next week:

2. Anyone but Jenkins
6. Pryce. Gamble has been the better of our halves this year, but not by that much. We need to offer more with the ball, and I think Pryce can do that. He can't tackle, but we need more options with the ball.
7. Hastings. This one needs no justification.

Brails minutes to be increased substantially. Maybe no starting yet, but try to get a good 40 out of him at least. Crossland only on the field if he's at hooker.

At least one Saifiti on the bench. I'd drop one of them too if we had any prop depth. I'm tempted to anyway.
100% on all of it.

If Pryce is anything like he's been touted then give him a run but only alongside Hastings ( with Cogger it would be carnage )

I'd also fire a shot across the bow of Safs. I'm tired of them slowing and turning to the side as they approach the D line.

Woody90

Juniors
With Thompson back I’d actually drop one of the Safs to make a statement. It’s not fair they keep skating through while the halves and backs are dropped just because we have less depth in their position. I don’t think we can afford to drop both.

macavity

Referee
Just watching the Raiders game, we were chasing Fogarty when he re-signed with the Titans.

Not a flashy half, but would have made a huge difference for us. Another sliding doors moment.

Woody90

Juniors
The lack of Polynesian players probably plays a part too. Brian Smith would never allow this

Yep. It’s little wonder really our side is so small. When you look at the hunter’s demographics in general, the majority of our junior forwards are skinny white kids.

macavity

Referee
Yep. It’s little wonder really our side is so small. When you look at the hunter’s demographics in general, the majority of our junior forwards are skinny white kids.

The NRL mismanaging us so badly they gave the Central Coast, Upper Hunter and Mid North Coast to other clubs has hurt even more than demographics.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Ponga tried like hell, but he went back to try being the be all end all. He knew he had to be. Hastings at half frees him of that responsibility.

Woody90

Juniors
Not saying it shouldn’t happen but does anyone actually think AOB will change the halves again next week? It’s basically saying he doesn’t know how to fix the problems and just hoping if he keeps changing combinations one of them will click.

mozza91

Coach
Not saying it shouldn’t happen but does anyone actually think AOB will change the halves again next week? It’s basically saying he doesn’t know how to fix the problems and just hoping if he keeps changing combinations one of them will click.
Can’t pick Cogger again he’s just not up to it. Has to be Gamble/Hastings.

Knight Tales

Bench
Better bringing Pryce through now if we are going to accept we need more spark,cos asking him to debut at 6 against the Roosters is completely unfair.

Apey

Staff member
I think he will. Hastings was dropped not because Cogger is a better player but because he was stinking it up. Now Cogger is stinking it up and Hastings has had two games in Cup, he'll come back and stay at 7.

Latest posts