What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Warriors @ Go Media Stadium, Penrose / Aotearoa

Who will win? Round 4: Warriors v Newcastle

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2024 - Round 4
Warriors v Newcastle Knights
Go Media Stadium, Penrose / Aotearoa, Penrose (TICKETS)
Sunday 31 March 2024

NRL kickoff 4:05pm AEDT, 6:05pm NZT

Broadcast on Nine, 9Now, Fox, Kayo.

WARRIORS2024.png

To be announced

NEWCASTLE2024.png

To be announced

A-REF-BW-2023TEAM.png

Referee: To be advised
Sideline Officials: To be advised
Video Referee: To be advised​

Old dog

Juniors
Same team, possibly Hetherington back for Thompson, on report, or Croker. Brailey more minutes, Crosslands less minutes and 9 only.
Jenkins??????

slotmachine

First Grade
Reckon this one is another comfortable win.

* if the Warriors drop the ball everytime they are within sight of our tryline like the Storm.

Woody90

Juniors
Warriors have started the season very similar to us. Lots of expectations to start the year and have looked pretty average. Dropped a game they should have won in round 1, narrow loss in round 2 and scrappy win in round 3.

Given they’ve also been in poor form I’d give us a chance in Aus, but feel we’ll get touched up being in NZ where we’re usually terrible.

Hopefully getting the first win out of the way will relax the boys a bit. They seem to be playing with a lot of anxiety.

Knight Tales

Juniors
A win will be bigger than last night. It is a graveyard for us as is NQ. We nearly pushed history back a fortnight ago. Now we get another chance. How we are up for it.

Yosh

Coach
Hopefully Crossland plays less minutes and gives Brailey more time to influence the game. Let Crossland play the first 20 minutes and take the sting out of the game, Brailey plays till the 70th minute and let Crossland close out the game with his effort in defense. Crossland's service from dummy half has definitely improved but it is miles and miles behind Brailey.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Hopefully Crossland plays less minutes and gives Brailey more time to influence the game. Let Crossland play the first 20 minutes and take the sting out of the game, Brailey plays till the 70th minute and let Crossland close out the game with his effort in defense. Crossland's service from dummy half has definitely improved but it is miles and miles behind Brailey.
Both have to be in the 17. How they are used will make or break this season.

perverse

Referee
Nothing about Phoenix Crossland 2024 edition *needs* to be in the team. The bloke is back to being a straight up liability on both sides of the ball. I'd honestly get Cogger to play 15-20 minutes at hooker over him.

Old dog

Juniors
Problem is no suitable backup for Brailey with Crosslands being the best we have just need Brailey fit and playing most minutes at 9 with short term relief by Crosslands playing hooker only, 15-20 minutes.
Be a while before Jones R will be ready for 1sts, both fitness and ability

Woody90

Juniors
Nothing about Phoenix Crossland 2024 edition *needs* to be in the team. The bloke is back to being a straight up liability on both sides of the ball. I'd honestly get Cogger to play 15-20 minutes at hooker over him.

I agree Crossland’s been really poor but need to carry an additional hooker on the bench with how injury prone Brails is. Tbh I don’t think Cogger is any better at 9 and weakens the halves moving him there.

Crossland is fine on the bench to play 20 mins at hooker of halves injury only.

perverse

Referee
I agree Crossland’s been really poor but need to carry an additional hooker on the bench with how injury prone Brails is. Tbh I don’t think Cogger is any better at 9 and weakens the halves moving him there.

Crossland is fine on the bench to play 20 mins at hooker of halves injury only.
Anyone who doesn't give away 2 or 3 dumb penalties, forward passes and other various errors is better that Phoenix and Cogger fits that mould as well as anyone for me, and can slot into the halves if necessary.

Hastings is our (out of form) halfback, for mine. The best option we have, potentially even with a busted ankle. Outside of 20 minutes in the grand final where Cleary tore Brisbane to shreds, what has Cogger ever done? Fringe first grader imo, always was and has been. The media has been riding his dick deluxe since the GF, but he's not a good footy player.

Apey

Staff member
Well we all know Crossland isn't getting dropped any time soon. He's played worse and survived. I expect him to be 9 and Brailey 14 again this week, hopefully Brailey gets more minutes though.

Interesting to see who runs out at 7. Hastings was obviously better in NSW Cup but coaches don't like to change winning teams, regardless of how they won.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I think the most important thing is we are seeing evolution in our coach who is making hard decisions early and getting decent rewards from it. That win over Bellamy was a huge burden off his back. I have never seen him so anxious during a game. He rarely sat down at all.

Anyone who doesn't give away 2 or 3 dumb penalties, forward passes and other various errors is better that Phoenix and Cogger fits that mould as well as anyone for me, and can slot into the halves if necessary.

Hastings is our (out of form) halfback, for mine. The best option we have, potentially even with a busted ankle. Outside of 20 minutes in the grand final where Cleary tore Brisbane to shreds, what has Cogger ever done? Fringe first grader imo, always was and has been. The media has been riding his dick deluxe since the GF, but he's not a good footy player.
Agreed. I'd try to get Pryce in the side, 14 may well be the way to ease him in . Although not a familiar role for him.

He's a threat with ball in hand, something that non of our spine are - outside Ponga