What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5 2024: 615pm Eels v Raiders GAME DAY THREAD @ GIO Stadium April 7th

JokerEel

Coach
No denying he's done a good job over the years but now it's time to tap him and move him on...no emotion about it. It's not working now and we won't get to the finals this yr so it's time to part company. It's 11 yrs. Need to stop the rot now before it gets worse

Just like when Nathan Brown got the ass from the Dragons..

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
I suspect he doesn't.

But he does? He may not necessarily kick it as high, but he can reach the same sort of levels of depth. But that’s beside the point. The point being that our long kick wasn’t the reason we lost, nor our win condition.

Agreed. Lack of ball control started the rot, then fatigue set in.

Nor was lack of ball control, although it didn’t help and it sure as shit was frustrating.

Try line speed, initial contact, selections, tactical nous, lack of respect for the coaches instruction and philosophy, mental concentration and fortitude.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fairy sure you are secretly celebrating..

So many posts are coming to defend the club!

View attachment 86325
No I'm attacking shit takes. I'd love to believe we could magically sack someone and become premiership heavyweights, but that is fantasyland. You merkins need to grow up and accept the facts. We sucked for nearly thirty years before Arthur or O'Neill or Sarantinos were anywhere near the club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But he does? He may not necessarily kick it as high, but he can reach the same sort of levels of depth.
You are talking about the technical skill and missing the requirement for confidence and first grade experience to execute under pressure. Jamie Soward was always a great striker of the ball in the NYC but he wasn't an elite NRL kicker until his mid-20s. Sanders doesn't need to be that good to improve our kicking game at the moment but we don't want him with the ball on the most important tackle of the set if he's shitting himself.
But that’s beside the point. The point being that our long kick wasn’t the reason we lost, nor our win condition.
I think it is.
Nor was lack of ball control, although it didn’t help and it sure as shit was frustrating.

Try line speed, initial contact, selections, tactical nous, lack of respect for the coaches instruction and philosophy, mental concentration and fortitude.
They certainly weren't switched on from the early minutes. When Greig spilled that pass on tackle two it felt like it was going to be a long night.

JokerEel

Coach
No I'm attacking shit takes. I'd love to believe we could magically sack someone and become premiership heavyweights, but that is fantasyland. You merkins need to grow up and accept the facts. We sucked for nearly thirty years before Arthur or O'Neill or Sarantinos were anywhere near the club.

We Merkins want to win not continue to just be.

And we suck now with them sooooooo..

If we keep sacking we might finally get a combination that works..

blue bags

First Grade
Or when any Wests coach got the arse from Wests. Or Bulldogs coaches from Canterbury.
Lombardi was never ever told to leave
He stopped coaching for a year
But stayed on as club manager 😁
And it sent him crazy. Cause the players were his players. His team. It broke him.
It shattered him. Cause the team was never the same. The year after that. He left to coach Washington Redskins commanders
Had 2 years there. 2 winning seasons
Then retired. His whole coaching career
Never coach a loseing team

Latest posts