What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TruSaint

Referee
Teams that "thrashed" us - Cowboys and Knights, thrashed themselves by Sharks and Bulldogs. Fitzgibbon is the coach that we wanted but rejected us so in Flanno I trust.

It really is gonna be one of those seasons where any team can get up. I didnt expect the Cows to be trounced. I didnt expect the Dogs to put on a show. What i would like to see after these early rounds, is us doing what we did against NZ. Stay in the fight. I dont want anymore blowouts. If we go down, make them earn it.

Sharks, Pennies and Storm are looking good. The rest are vulnerable.

BLM01

First Grade
Saw something today suggesting we are after Angus Crichton, means SuA May not get done…unless they are thinking he’s a 13
Personally I would rather keep SuA.
Sua;'s management are holding out as are Dragons with their offer which as reported is good value for what and where he is ATM. If he makes origin again we have to put our offer up and I am sure we will.
Crichton is also good value for money at the right price as his origin days are probably long gone.

Crush

Coach
Sua;'s management are holding out as are Dragons with their offer which as reported is good value for what and where he is ATM. If he makes origin again we have to put our offer up and I am sure we will.
Crichton is also good value for money at the right price as his origin days are probably long gone.
Dragons offer on the table hasn’t been upped by any other team at this stage. Until that happens, dragons can sit back and wait for him to sign, we will get an opportunity to match another clubs offer ultimately as I understand it.

Dragon David

First Grade
It really is gonna be one of those seasons where any team can get up. I didnt expect the Cows to be trounced. I didnt expect the Dogs to put on a show. What i would like to see after these early rounds, is us doing what we did against NZ. Stay in the fight. I dont want anymore blowouts. If we go down, make them earn it.

Sharks, Pennies and Storm are looking good. The rest are vulnerable.
In other words "Never say Die".

Saw something today suggesting we are after Angus Crichton, means SuA May not get done…unless they are thinking he’s a 13
Personally I would rather keep SuA.
During a news break late in the broadcast of the Sharks v Cowboys game on channel 9, they mentioned an interview would be shown with Crichton as to where he is at with his contract status.
Did anyone here see the interview with Crichton on channel 9 news tonight??

I watched the Titans / Eagles game yesterday, and if there is one player we should go after and that is Brimson, scored a try very similar to Lomax's, He has speed to burn and can play multiple positions.
Hard to argue based on pure talent, but positionally?

Brimson is a fullback through and through, not (in my opinion) a centre, but Sloane's getting better and better. We also have back up fullback (Albeit next year) with Corey Allen.

We need to prioritise our spending $$ and at this moment in time, not on another fullback soaking up precious cap space.

No expert- but we need a Bookend or two desperately. This needs to be our priority signing before anything else, in my humble opinion.

But - you may be correct- assuming he is happy to play centre in place of Lomax.

Note - He contracted till the end of 2026 - not that that means much these days :(

justadragon

Bench
Hard to argue based on pure talent, but positionally?

Brimson is a fullback through and through, not (in my opinion) a centre, but Sloane's getting better and better. We also have back up fullback (Albeit next year) with Corey Allen.

We need to prioritise our spending $$ and at this moment in time, not on another fullback soaking up precious cap space.

No expert- but we need a Bookend or two desperately. This needs to be our priority signing before anything else, in my humble opinion.

But - you may be correct- , I was thinking more along the line of CTRassuming he is happy to play centre in place of Lomax.

Note - He contracted till the end of 2026 - not that that means much these days :(
Agree HOD, i was thinking more along the line of centre, that can slot in if injuries occur, a quiet word with Des about his high priced marquee players not performing and being last on the ladder may do the trick :)

Latest posts