What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stas dont lie

eelrookie

Juniors
Wagon

49 mins
1 run (6 metres)
16 tackles (1 ineffective and 2 missed)
0 tackle breaks

Lowrie

39 mins
6 runs (48 metres)
22 tackles (0 missed or ineffective)
1 tackle break

Hauraki

37 mins
8 runs (69 metres)
1 tackle break

Wagon you are a joke!!!!!!
how can a pro footballer make 1 hit up in 49 mins

source;nrlstats.com

Eelementary

Post Whore
*yawn*Possession stats?Error count?You do realise that the possession a while there was 65-35 - how can you run the ball when you keep dropping it?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Wagon

49 mins
1 run (6 metres)
16 tackles (1 ineffective and 2 missed)
0 tackle breaks

Lowrie

39 mins
6 runs (48 metres)
1 tackle break

Hauraki

37 mins
8 runs (69 metres)
1 tackle break

Wagon you are a joke!!!!!!
how can a pro footballer make 1 hit up in 49 mins

source;nrlstats.com

you've only singled out 3 players

what about all the other forwards

fish eel

Immortal
actually, stats can lie.

they dont tell you how effective the things a player does are and what real impact they have on the game,

Wagon was a passenger on the weekend, both when we had the ball and when we were defending. Dont need any stats to tell me that.

Hellsy

Immortal
Stats can lie... but can stas? :LOL: :LOL:

........Sorry couldn't help myself

Eelementary

Post Whore
actually, stats can lie.

they dont tell you how effective the things a player does are and what real impact they have on the game,

Wagon was a passenger on the weekend, both when we had the ball and when we were defending. Dont need any stats to tell me that.

And you forgot to mention how he was the only one who was a passenger and that our loss was solely because of him.

fish eel

Immortal
And you forgot to mention how he was the only one who was a passenger and that our loss was solely because of him.

lol....who was saying that?

as one of our most experienced forwards though, I think it is reasonable to expect better from him.

sadly, efforts like saturday night are something I'm used to from wagon.

TheParraboy

Staff member
stas?

I thought the "r" was missing and this thread was about the universe :lol:

V1er

Juniors
I barely noticed that wagon was out there, apart from a tackle on thurston i cant remember him doing too much.

Gronk

Staff member
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." Mark Twain

forward pass

Coach
Gees welcome to the forum eelrookie. A forum poster bagging our players - just what we needed !!! We were a bit short of those !

Eelementary

Post Whore
lol....who was saying that?

as one of our most experienced forwards though, I think it is reasonable to expect better from him.

sadly, efforts like saturday night are something I'm used to from wagon.

Nah I was being sarcastic. But I have heard a few people put a lot of crap on Wagon and, while he wasn't great, he certainly wasn't the only one. Nathan Cayless, for one, probably cost us in more ways than Wagon did.

oldmancraigy

Coach
He's not bagging all the players, just questioning why Wagon plays 49 minutes while doing very little...

for the record: possession was 55-45 --> but even then you'd expect Wagon (whose only value is making lots of tackles) to chalk up more than 16 tackles...

What's the deal forward pass? Are we not allowed to question the selection of Wagon in the team? Are we not allowed to vent frustration that each week he gets put in ahead of someone else who would be a better fit?

2 years ago I suggested that Chad Robinson was a much better fit for the team than Wagon, and that he offered us much more than Wagon possibly could. I got bagged out then for criticising Wagons place in the team, but now we all look back and agree that Robbo IS a much better footy player.

I'm telling you Wags needs to go and be replaced by a bench prop, with Hauraki taking the second row minutes that Wagon is wasting. Have a go at me now if you like, but look back in 2 years and agree that Hauraki would have been the better option by far.

eelrookie

Juniors
gee didnt realise you guys are all scholars and have never made a spelling mistake. i will be sure in future to eliminate my poor spelling
and i have been reading ever since the game the knockers on wagon and lowrie and all i was pointing out was the STATS....thats STATS.
I know he wasnt all by himself....he had plenty of helpers out there......or non helpers as you see it.
but to me his STATS were well below everybody else's
THATS ALL

oldmancraigy

Coach
Nah I was being sarcastic. But I have heard a few people put a lot of crap on Wagon and, while he wasn't great, he certainly wasn't the only one. Nathan Cayless, for one, probably cost us in more ways than Wagon did.

Wagon took the ball forward once. If he had've muscled up and driven forward a bit more often, then perhaps we could've laid some sort of platform to build on?

Sure, it's not all his fault, but his place needs to be questioned if he can't offer any go-forward (which he can't) or tackling (scared of the big boys?)

Hellsy

Immortal
gee didnt realise you guys are all scholars and have never made a spelling mistake. i will be sure in future to eliminate my poor spelling
and i have been reading ever since the game the knockers on wagon and lowrie and all i was pointing out was the STATS....thats STATS.
I know he wasnt all by himself....he had plenty of helpers out there......or non helpers as you see it.
THATS ALL

Take a joke buddy... it was funny

HevyDevy

Coach
THATS ALL

Nice grammar ...

eel4life

Juniors
Stats do paint a picture, just depends on what you are looking at

http://www.nrlstats.com/season/nrl/thescore1047.html#results

This is the possesion flow from the game against the cowboys.

Damage was done first 10 minutes.

Out of the First 11 sets of the game we only had the ball for the first set, Dropped the ball which then led to a try, then nothing until we got some ball down their end and made it 12 - 6, this is where we should of slowed the game right down and made it boring, until the possesion came back to a 50 - 50, Finchy and Timmy should of kicked the ball out more, just to rest up and get our heads back in the game.

Last week we came out all guns blazing and took a 10 - nil lead early on, and then knights got some possesion back and made it close, this is what we have to learn to do grind away when we are under the pump.

We made 309 tackles missed 27 tackles
They made 238 missed 28 tackles.

by this alone it shows if we get 50 - 50 possesion we are allot better that is obvious, but our starts are pathetic and this is what needs to be rectified for upcoming games.

Titans, and Manly 2 massive games for us and if we do not win them then we have no chance at the end of the year, this is why.

1. we want a top 2 finish or even top 4 finish, then home games are vital.

Titans do not travel well, and we have to beat them
Manly they are a team that will fight for a top 4 spot so we need to beat them.

They both are disciplined teams and we need to be able to match the enthusiasm and skill levels just to be in the game, then if we do all this correctly then we will be back on track.

2 - 2 at the start is ok, better than 0 - 4 or 1 - 3, so now we need a solid home victory to boost confidence then smack manly because we have the bye the week after.

Gronk

Staff member
So if we don't win the next two games then we have no chance at end of year ?

OK then. :lol: