What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swimming

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Maybe I was wrong....a massive upset in the Womens 4x200m Freestyle Relay.
GOLD TO AUSTRALIA!!!! WOOOHOOOO great swim girls.

Timbo

Staff member
There are way way too many swimming events. Why do you need 4 different strokes? Its like having the 100m run, the 100m hop, the 100m skip and the 100m run backwards. No one should even have a chance to win 8 golds.

That's like saying you shouldn't have hurdles or steeplechase.

There a bajillion different track and field events, if you're a great sprinter and you can also do the long jump or triple jump...What's the difference?

Bazal

Post Whore
Quite werid how Rice is only in the Medley especially considering how she is a world record holder. Thought she might be in the butterfly or backstroke or one of the four strokes.

I was stunned not to see her in the 100 free tbh....especially now, considering her swim in the relay just now

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
next olym schedule for Steph i hope would be;

200IM
200Free
200Back
400IM
400Free
4X200 relay
4X100 relay
4X100 medley relay

thats 8 to rival phelps

you can add the 100 free in there to beat him :mad:

i know she won't do it, wishful thinking never hurt

lockyno1

Post Whore
I was stunned not to see her in the 100 free tbh....especially now, considering her swim in the relay just now

Actually would not be surprised to see her in the medley anyway as Emily Seebolm is having a ordinary meet. Would not be totally surprised to see Rice do the backstroke.

Fly- Schipper (there is not much difference between Trickett and Jess in 100 fly)

Back- Rice

Breast- Liesel

Free- Trickett

lockyno1

Post Whore
next olym schedule for Steph i hope would be;

200IM
200Free
200Back
400IM
400Free
4X200 relay
4X100 relay
4X100 medley relay

thats 8 to rival phelps

you can add the 100 free in there to beat him :mad:

i know she won't do it, wishful thinking never hurt

Zero chance of Steph doing the 200 back, she has said over and over again she hates doing that distance in backstroke. Medley relay is a 50/50 call, as Seebolm will be a bit older (more mature as a result). Hard to see her getting in the medley in London.

lockyno1

Post Whore
she coudl still go in it in the heats and get the medal...

Zero chance. Honestly she hates doing long distance backstroke, in fact she has said in many interviews that despite her being not bad in backstroke she rathers breatstroke. I cannot see her putting the time and preparation needed for a tilt at the 200 back individual, and to be honest the medley relay comes down to who is swimming well at a specific meet. But 4 years down the track one can safely assume Seebolm will get better and she is a natural backstroker. Steph is more a butterfly/freestyle swimmer and she has Trickett and Schipper ahead.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Zero chance. Honestly she hates doing long distance backstroke, in fact she has said in many interviews that despite her being not bad in backstroke she rathers breatstroke. I cannot see her putting the time and preparation needed for a tilt at the 200 back individual, and to be honest the medley relay comes down to who is swimming well at a specific meet. But 4 years down the track one can safely assume Seebolm will get better and she is a natural backstroker. Steph is more a butterfly/freestyle swimmer and she has Trickett and Schipper ahead.

i was talking about heats in the medley relay...

seebolm could take the final.

lockyno1

Post Whore
i was talking about heats in the medley relay...

seebolm could take the final.

Does not happen in the Olympics. In the World Champs you can do that but Olympic medals are restricted to competitors in the final except in very rare circumstances and this is not one of them.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Does not happen in the Olympics. In the World Champs you can do that but Olympic medals are restricted to competitors in the final except in very rare circumstances and this is not one of them.

I'm pretty sure it does mate... could be wrong though.

Latest posts