What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Bangladesh v New Zealand at Chittagong (CDS) - Oct 17-21, 2008

Blaze

Juniors
woah... what a relief.

Credit to Vettori for standing up with the bat.. I actually like the idea of him batting in the top 6.. I would swap him and McCullum around personally.

McCullum still yet to prove himself as a test cricketer... sure he got a dodgy decision in the second dig, but he's pretty lucky that there are no serious contenders for his test match position atm..

Would go in with the same side bar Patel. Southee should come in for a game imo.

blain

Juniors
yeah, i reckon redmond is good enough if we get really need another spinner. i love the leg spinners

African Monkey

First Grade
woah... what a relief.

Credit to Vettori for standing up with the bat.. I actually like the idea of him batting in the top 6.. I would swap him and McCullum around personally.

McCullum still yet to prove himself as a test cricketer... sure he got a dodgy decision in the second dig, but he's pretty lucky that there are no serious contenders for his test match position atm..

Would go in with the same side bar Patel. Southee should come in for a game imo.
I'd keep Patel in but I do agree about McCullum going back down the order.

kingdamo

Juniors
No Southee shouldn't be in the test side atm. Another year of domestic cricket will serve him well.

Yeah but wtf is up with Mills man, he was being a little girl when he was bowling. It didn't exactly raise the spirits of his team when he is down on the ground all the time!

Blaze

Juniors
Keep Patel in and Southee for Mills anyone?

no. Mills has been our best bowler since Bond retired imo.. One bad match shouldn't mean he is replaced.

Patel on the other hand isn't test match standard. I can see the logic in picking two spinners, but really I think we should back ourselves to knock the top off Bangladesh with a pace attack of O'Brien, Mills, and Southee.. and then Oram and Vettori can control the middle, with Redmond an option as well..

I think if we are any chance in Australia then Southee needs to be in the team. His swing could trouble the Australian top order. I think he should be given the opportunity to press hard for selection with a game in the next test.

kingdamo

Juniors
What do you guys think about Redmond bowling a bit more? Some have said hes a better bowler than a bastsmen. Just what I have heard!

African Monkey

First Grade
Southee would get eaten alive against the Aussies. He only swings the ball occasionally, he bowls crap lines and he's too slow atm.

African Monkey

First Grade
What do you guys think about Redmond bowling a bit more? Some have said hes a better bowler than a bastsmen. Just what I have heard!
He looks nothing more than a part-time bowler to me but at least he can turn the ball even if it is very slow turn.

Blaze

Juniors
Southee would get eaten alive against the Aussies. He only swings the ball occasionally, he bowls crap lines and he's too slow atm.

??? He's a swing bowler... and has been clocked at over 140 kph.

Look what Sharma did as a 19 year old in Australia last season.

Our bowlers will all get eaten alive, so I don't know why that should rule Southee out. I would prefer Franklin if he is back bowling by then, but from what I'm hearing he may not even return as a frontline bowler.

kingdamo

Juniors

Our bowlers will all get eaten alive, so I don't know why that should rule Southee out. I would prefer Franklin if he is back bowling by then, but from what I'm hearing he may not even return as a frontline bowler.

I have only just started getting into cricket so I am not 'in the know' but, was Franklin a good bowler and was he quick?

Blaze

Juniors
I have only just started getting into cricket so I am not 'in the know' but, was Franklin a good bowler and was he quick?

below average ODI bowler

under-rated test bowler. Fully fit he would be our first Test bowler picked. He is a swing bowler, and his range was around 128-137 kph pre injury.

African Monkey

First Grade

I would rather pick Franklin as a batsman then a bowler.

Southee is no Sharma but I do see where you're coming from and yes he has been clocked at 140 kph but Mark Gillespie can bowl at that pace consistently and I would hardly call Gillespie threatning.