What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd 3-Mobile Test @ Adelaide Oval:: Nov 28-Dec 2 :: Australia won by Inns and 62 runs

Second Test result :: Australia vs New Zealand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well after the pasting Lee has copped in this thread, I would expect a 7 wicket haul.

Just an LU thing.

JJ

Immortal
Well after the pasting Lee has copped in this thread, I would expect a 7 wicket haul.

Just an LU thing.

Pffft - if he doesn't get 5 against the sh*t we're putting up, he's worse than we think

Serioiusly - 250 behind and that's the approach to the day's first two balls :crazy:

JJ

Immortal
Na I would give him the WI series.

He's rubbish - technically he's ordinary, and mentally he's not up to it. He's an ordinary leg-spinner who's recently taken up opening - Bell and MacIntosh are both much better options, and Watling probably too

African Monkey

First Grade
Bell and MacIntosh are both much better options, and Watling probably too
Bell's been tried more than enough times and has failed on most occasions.

McIntosh I feel is next in line but consistency is a key for him. Being a left-hander also helps his cause.

BJ Watling wouldn't come close to a test spot atm. If we are considering him, then we are in more trouble than I thought.

JJ

Immortal
Bell's been tried more than enough times and has failed on most occasions.

McIntosh I feel is next in line but consistency is a key for him. Being a left-hander also helps his cause.

BJ Watling wouldn't come close to a test spot atm. If we are considering him, then we are in more trouble than I thought.

Maybe, but at least Bell has a very good first class record.

Drop the fat f**k too - FFS, are we that stupid, really???

JJ

Immortal

I think you're underestimating how much trouble we are in... we couldn't score runs against Bangladesh... apparently not a single batsmen in our lineup can bat a session reliably (for most of them half an hour without a ridiculous shot would be pretty good)

African Monkey

First Grade
Maybe, but at least Bell has a very good first class record.

Drop the fat f**k too - FFS, are we that stupid, really???
Yes he does but he's played enough times at international level to prove himself and he hasn't taken that chance.

And yes, our batting is that stupid.

African Monkey

First Grade
I think you're underestimating how much trouble we are in... we couldn't score runs against Bangladesh... apparently not a single batsmen in our lineup can bat a session reliably (for most of them half an hour without a ridiculous shot would be pretty good)
I agree that our batting is in dire straights atm but surely BJ Watling isn't next in line.

And as for our batsmen batting long periods of time, that will never happen because we don't have a Richardson type player who can leave countless amount of balls outside the off stump.

JJ

Immortal
Yes he does but he's played enough times at international level to prove himself and he hasn't taken that chance.

And yes, our batting is that stupid.

He's scored two centuries - I doubt that Redmond will ever get one. He's not really been given an extended chance either.

I'm no Bell fan, but surely being the dominant bat at first class level, and with MacIntosh the only player that consistently bats for long periods should count???

Our batting is a complete and utter joke to be honest. I like How, but he's been as bad as anyone - at the moment I'd seriously be tempted to ditch everyone bar Flynn and Taylor, and never let McCullum bat in the top 6 again. If the bowlers had gone this poorly, they'd be out in flash

JJ

Immortal
I agree that our batting is in dire straights atm but surely BJ Watling isn't next in line.

And as for our batsmen batting long periods of time, that will never happen because we don't have a Richardson type player who can leave countless amount of balls outside the off stump.

Why don't we have a Richardson type player??? That's our heritage, players like Rigger and Shake who realised they had to curb their aggressive instincts to succeed at this level. FFS even Steve Waugh did that (hooking). They are nowhere near as talented as we keep getting told, and if they don't develop a more intelligent approach we'll become even more of a laughing stock

African Monkey

First Grade
He's scored two centuries - I doubt that Redmond will ever get one. He's not really been given an extended chance either.

I'm no Bell fan, but surely being the dominant bat at first class level, and with MacIntosh the only player that consistently bats for long periods should count???

Our batting is a complete and utter joke to be honest. I like How, but he's been as bad as anyone - at the moment I'd seriously be tempted to ditch everyone bar Flynn and Taylor, and never let McCullum bat in the top 6 again. If the bowlers had gone this poorly, they'd be out in flash
McIntosh has a big oppotunity against the WI in a 3 dayer. If he scores big there, he will come back into recognition.

I would rate Redmond's 79 against Bangladesh under pressure on a turning track better than Bell's 2 test centuries.

I would have to agree with you on our batting which is diabolical atm.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Lee's a great odi bowler, and a pretty mediocre test bowler - always has been and always will be... you could have Chris Martin and not lose anything (apart from occasional runs with the bat)

no thanks

too slow for an opening bowler

Lee now with 3 for 38 in the second innings to go with his 4 in the first innings

Latest posts