What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd 3-Mobile Test @ Adelaide Oval:: Nov 28-Dec 2 :: Australia won by Inns and 62 runs

Second Test result :: Australia vs New Zealand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JJ

Immortal
Too many stroke makers around in NZ cricket who struggle to bat long periods of time as you said earlier.

John Wright was a stroke maker, but adjusted... are they just stupid?

This is now f**king embarrassing - I'm done with these f**kers, I could have done what the *edit* four of them have this morning (at least How could claim it was a good ball and a good catch)

African Monkey

First Grade
John Wright was a stroke maker, but adjusted... are they just stupid?

This is now f**king embarrassing - I'm done with these f**kers, I could have done what the *edit* four of them have this morning (at least How could claim it was a good ball and a good catch)
I wonder if Vettori will do a Martin Crowe and give up captaining during a match with this incompetent, horrible batting ?

edabomb

First Grade
We are a disgrace in the test match arena. I reckon Banga's are now a more talented outfit than us. Too many stop-gap's in the current team that are stopping anything. Very frustrating to watch and support.

fish eel

Immortal
brilliant catch from Punter at full stretch

Lee with 4, How gorne

and 308 test wickets, 4th on Australia's all time list. Not bad someone so mediocre.

Interestingly, at 52 balls per wicket, he has the same strike rate as DK Lillee.

JJ

Immortal
We are a disgrace in the test match arena. I reckon Banga's are now a more talented outfit than us. Too many stop-gap's in the current team that are stopping anything. Very frustrating to watch and support.

Beyond frustrating - complete and utter lack of discipline, intelligence and application. They keep coming out with the BS about being talented and needing time - buit to be honest, how does the (very) occasional innings and the odd flashy shot equal talent.

If I was a selector - Bye bye Redmond and Ryder, one more series for How and Fulton, and an incredibly stern talk with Ross Taylor.

Any of Bell or MacIntosh to open, and the likes of Todd, Broom, Hay, or even Ingram in the middle order

JJ

Immortal
and 308 test wickets, 4th on Australia's all time list. Not bad someone so mediocre.

Interestingly, at 52 balls per wicket, he has the same strike rate as DK Lillee.

Yep, but his average is much closer to Danny Morrison and Chris Martin!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Beyond frustrating - complete and utter lack of discipline, intelligence and application. They keep coming out with the BS about being talented and needing time - buit to be honest, how does the (very) occasional innings and the odd flashy shot equal talent.

If I was a selector - Bye bye Redmond and Ryder, one more series for How and Fulton, and an incredibly stern talk with Ross Taylor.

Any of Bell or MacIntosh to open, and the likes of Todd, Broom, Hay, or even Ingram in the middle order

I wonder how much of it is mental

what (or who) motivates these guys to play cricket ?

they can all hold a bat and play shots, but seem to lack the concentration to occupy the crease for long periods of time

surely this is Bracey's job to get inside their head

JJ

Immortal
I wonder how much of it is mental

what (or who) motivates these guys to play cricket ?

they can all hold a bat and play shots, but seem to lack the concentration to occupy the crease for long periods of time

surely this is Bracey's job to get inside their head

You've hit it on the head there - Bracewell has been an appalling failure as a test coach.

But also Martin(?) O'Neill the batting coach... dysmal failure, everyone says he's a good bloke, but to the observer there's no evidence that he's had any positive effect on the batting.

And finally the pseudo-psychologist (he's a nuffy with somke undergraduate degree and an interest in sport) Gilbert Enoka who has a proven record of failure -0 not 100% sure how much involvement he has these days, but every team he's had anything to do with (All Blacks, NZ cricket, NZ Netball and various provincial teams) have failed their big tests

I'm thorough sick of it, nonetheless I'll continue to watch...