What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney....haha

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Our whole defence is a shambles.

The fact that Fyfe is our most experienced defender speaks volumes, he's an absolute spastic.

Engine, Timmah - You are the scum of the league that have won SFA and don't mean sh*t to the A-League. :) Can't wait for Friday

Us Mariners feel the same about you. :D

Na, seriously Friday will be tops, I'll be going to Newy to see it, the two sides never fail to put on a match-up with loads more emotion than any other relationship (a.k.a. hatred) any other two teams have.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Engine, Timmah - You are the scum of the league that have won SFA and don't mean sh*t to the A-League. :) Can't wait for Friday

TT - Sydney are a shambles, good work signing 3 overrated wankers :lol:

P.S. I know the Jets are sh*t atm but we will win the next 5 in a row :D

Just because you stipulate you're sh!t, doesn't mean it's not a response point for me.

The simple facts are this:

4. Coast

6. LOLOI$I FC

8 (aka LAST). Jetscum

Worst. Championship Defence. Ever.

I'll bite on "the scum of the A-League that have won SFA"... we were premiers/minor premiers (whatever people want to call them here) in 2007-08, and we're in the ACL next year, just like your scummy club. There are far more clubs in the A-League who haven't seen any success in four seasons - Perth, Wellington, Queensland... next year there'll be two more for you to heap sh*t on.

Sydney FC and your club are the current jokes of the competition. Remember that.

Dutchy

Immortal
Us non trolls thank you for taking Aloisi off our hands.

Also, Sydney didnt want Sasho and he called McKinna asking for an opportunity.

^^ not the point

you can't go getting upset for sydney fc signing aloisi who was off contract when the mariners knicked petrovski ... i don't give a sh*t about petrovski and think he's an utter merkin and glad he's gone but it is what it is... AND here's the big one ... SYDNEY FC WERE AFTER ALOISI FIRST AND WHEN WE COULDN'T GET THE DEAL TO GO THROUGH THE MARINERS POUNCED ON HIM

so um ... who stole who?

LOLOI$I has to be the lamest thing i think i've heard

Dutchy

Immortal
I never said you stole Aloisi. I know you are correct..

Syd didnt steal Aloisi
CCM didnt steal Sasho

Ppl are arguing over nothing

Knightmare

Coach

TT - Sydney are a shambles, good work signing 3 overrated wankers :lol:

P.S. I know the Jets are sh*t atm but we will win the next 5 in a row :D

Won the 2005 Pre-season cup and the 2008 Premiership. Might even add the 2009 GF and ACL to it, who knows? ;-)

CC_Eagle

First Grade
I never said you stole Aloisi. I know you are correct..

Syd didnt steal Aloisi
CCM didnt steal Sasho

Ppl are arguing over nothing

Tbh I don't see the big deal about clubs "stealing" players.

If one player picks one club over the other, it's clear the former offers the better package in the eyes of that player. Blame the player, not the club.

I don't feel a whole lot of malice towards Aloisi, as he didn't really owe us anything (unlike Bosnich) he chose to ditch us for a few hundred K more a year and it seems greed has bitten one of his ar*e cheeks clean off. We offered him what he was worth, Sydney offered ten times over that. You can't blame him really.

Although I feel he may have performed better in yellow this year, he wouldn't have been under as much pressure for starters or the fishbowl that is Sydney FC.

Jets? :lol:

I'll be in Newie on Friday enjoying a BBQ with lots of Mariners fans across the road from the stadium. Should be interesting ;-)

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Terry Butcher didn't want Petrovski.

Now, I think he's an absolute merkin but he's a very good player and we were idiots to let him go.

Eddie.

Bench
Is it the coaches, or is Sydneys sqaud just chock full of mediocre players?

Im not an avid A League fan, so probably not the best man to judge. But they seem to have had a fairly similar group of players over the past few years, and they rarely play great football. Perhpas time for a clean out and think about broadening their recruitment horizons?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sydney FC skipper Steve Corica sticks up for battling John Aloisi
By John Taylor
December 23, 2008
SYDNEY FC's under-fire marquee striker John Aloisi wasn't talking about his lack of goals but his captain Steve Corica was, saying Aloisi is too fine a player not to come good.

Aloisi, who has gone from a national sporting hero to a player now being booed off the field by his own team's fans, completed Sydney's recovery session at Bondi but had no comment on how he was feeling and the events of the previous day when he had two incredible misses in the 4-1 loss to Perth Glory.

Corica tried to take the heat off Aloisi by saying: "You just can't blame Johnny - it's about the whole team really.

"Life goes on for him as well. He's a good professional and he'll get on with it and if he plays the next game then hopefully he'll score for us."

Sydney have a big game coming up on Saturday against Melbourne at the Telstra Dome.

"He scored down there (Melbourne) last time as well," Corica said. "It was a crucial goal for us."

Referring to Aloisi's confidence, Corica said: "It's obviously hard when you miss chances like that but he's a good player and he's scored goals everywhere he's gone, for Australia as well, and I am sure he's going to come through it."

It was a new experience for Aloisi to be booed in Australia, not once but three times at the SFS on Sunday.

The highest-paid player in the A-League, his deal is reported to be worth $1.3 million a season and he has two goals to show from 14 appearances (938 minutes) with a Sydney team that is struggling for the first time to make the playoffs.

Corica is disappointed by the fans' hostility towards Aloisi.

"They (the fans) come to watch us play and they have the right to say whatever they want," he said. "It's obviously disappointing for the players to hear that.

"Johnny is a nice guy and you don't want anyone to be treated like that. It's not a nice feeling to be booed off the park."

Corica appealed to the fans "to stick with us".

"There are five games to go," he said. "We need to make the top four. We've made it every year and we'll be disappointed if we don't.

"Things aren't going that well for us. We could have gone to second spot had we won and it might have been a whole different story.

"It didn't happen and we just have to get on with it. We've got a big game this week against Melbourne."

Corica openly admitted Perth were playing better than previously.

"A lot of teams are now. Wellington is playing better and that's why the league is so tight," he said.

"We've had a lot of injuries and stuff along the way and for a club like Sydney not to make the four it would be terribly disappointing."

clicky

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ross Aloisi defends his brother John over his poor form

December 22, 2008
FORMER Australia midfielder Ross Aloisi has defended his misfiring brother John, saying he should not be made a scapegoat for Sydney FC's dismal form.

Marquee striker John endured a nightmare afternoon in Sunday's 4-1 loss to Perth, missing two easy chances to score, as his poor season hit a new low.

One was arguably the worst miss seen in the A-League as he stumbled and failed to get a touch on what looked a simple tap-in to an open goal from one metre out.

Even the fans have turned on him, booing loudly as he was substituted in the 55th minute.

Despite being paid a reported $1.4 million a season, Aloisi simply hasn't delivered this year, managing only two goals in 14 games for Sydney.

But retired big brother Ross, formerly of Adelaide United and Wellington Phoenix, says the biggest reason for Aloisi's poor season is the fact the John Kosmina-coached side has not been playing good football.

"I do feel for John. Even if it wasn't my brother, someone going through that, you'd feel for them," said Ross, who played under Kosmina at Adelaide.

"I think the biggest problem is Sydney aren't playing good football.

"And there is a lot more to that than just one player.

"... Sure, he missed two sitters yesterday, but how many of those has he had this year?

"You've got to look at the whole team and their tactics.

"When is it that you stop pointing a finger at a player and start pointing it at the way a team is playing?"

Ross also believed John's salary should not be factor in the criticism aimed at him by fans.

"Obviously it (the criticism) has been a lot to do with the money," Ross said.

"But at the end of the day, you can't blame a certain player for losing a game just because he's on a certain amount of money.

"If you're going to look at that, who was giving him the money in the first place and who wanted him?

"Even if you do pay a lot of money for a player, where's the guarantee the player's going to be performing?

"It happens all around the world."

John, 32, refused to front the media at Sydney's recovery session on Monday but captain Steve Corica stepped in to defend his teammate and called for fans to lay off the striker.

Both Corica and Ross were certain John, who has 27 goals in 55 appearances for the Socceroos, would soon bounce back to his best.

"It's happened to him before," Ross said of the former Portsmouth and Osasuna striker.

"I do think he can come through it but unfortunately in the A-League there's only a few games to go."

AAP

clicky

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Huge trophy that one :lol:

You sound like a Cronulla fan going on about the Amco Cup ffs :lol:

When was the last time a League Champion in any code went straight to the spoon the following year...?

fish eel

Immortal
Terry Butcher didn't want Petrovski.

Now, I think he's an absolute merkin but he's a very good player and we were idiots to let him go.

Who is the merkin?

Terry Butcher or Petrovski? :lol:

Is it the coaches, or is Sydneys sqaud just chock full of mediocre players?

Im not an avid A League fan, so probably not the best man to judge. But they seem to have had a fairly similar group of players over the past few years, and they rarely play great football. Perhpas time for a clean out and think about broadening their recruitment horizons?

Sydney don't have a great squad, quite a few mediocre players mixed with some good young talent, but certainly not as good as it should be. No surprise to see them getting beaten by Perth, who, on paper, probably had a better squad on the weekend TBH.

Looking at the A-League squads, I certainly dont think Sydney have a top 4 squad.

Latest posts