What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League Trivia Thread

L2. Who was the youngest ever City captain?

L3. Who was the last Kangaroo to play for a CRL side?

Maybe after these two get answered I'll make more, just to lessen confusion. Bit messy.

It's what I first thought, not the answer Loudstrat gave. I'll study up on both and make sure the answer 'is' the answer.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Russell Richardson maybe.

He played one test for Australia, then his career went down hill after that. Probably went back to play for Dubbo.

If Lance Thompson isnt the youngest City captain, then the answer has to be younger than 23.

I'll go back decades, how about Dave Brown in the 30s?

I have a strong feeling Lyon is correct, but the person Loudstrat has given I cannot find (on the internet) a record of when he last played (which is irritating).

KHunt

Juniors
1. Who scored the first ever try in state of origin history?

2. What was the result of the very first West Tigers game?

3. Which state of origin debutant in the 1980's scored 2 tries on debut and kicked the points for his side?

4. I was born in NSW, at a place starting with a B. I played first grade for the Parramatta Eels and the Canberra Raiders, before going to play in the super league. I was a second rower who played 162 NRL games. I played 1 rep for country origin but never played for NSW or Australia. My brother still plays in the NRL today for a Sydney club. Who am I?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
1. Greg Brentall

2. Draw against Brisbane

3. Mal Meninga

4. Ian Hindmarsh

was it Matt King for the CRL one?

This is really confusing, is it Kangaroos after, before or while they were playing for the CRL side.

Godz Illa

Coach
L3. Who was the last Kangaroo to play for a CRL side?

The great Steve Slippery Morris. Playing for Dapto, was chosen to play for NSW then Australia. Then joined St George. As is the natural progression...

KHunt

Juniors
1. Greg Brentall wrong

2. Draw against Brisbane right

3. Mal Meninga wrong

4. Ian Hindmarsh right

was it Matt King for the CRL one?

This is really confusing, is it Kangaroos after, before or while they were playing for the CRL side.

I'm thinking of new questions.
These are the answers Loudstrat had:

The City Question - Bob Fulton
The Country Question - Paul Sironen.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
So I was right on the first Origin one

Non Terminator your Jamie Lyon answer is right if Paul Sironen is the answer, unless Siro played a game in the bush after 2004.

Here are some club questions to go:

1. Who called Parramatta 'The Eels' originally?
2. What was the original name of the Western Reds?
3. What was the first name of the Penrith club?