What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League Trivia Thread

coach

Who called Parramatta 'The Eels' originally? Peter Frilingos
What was the first name of the Penrith club? Waratahs

KHunt

Juniors
3. Michael O'Connor

1. was definately a New South Welshmen I know that.

3. was O'Connor, and 1 was Greg Brentnall indeed, my fault there. I thought it was Kerry Boustead, got mistaken for the first Queenslander to score in origin.

Jeez looking back on the 1980's origin highlights, O'Connor was a fantastic player to watch.. might have to put up some videos of him.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Who am I?

Although originally from the north coast of NSW, I played most of my Rugby League career in another state. I started my career for a Sydney club, before playing one season with another club, which has since been axed. Going to my third club I was fortunate to score the club's first ever try. Since then I have represented both state and International level. My last game was a disappointing one, a loss in my first and only Grand Final appearence.

Spike

First Grade
I know Chris Johns played before those two, but I'm thinking it was someone who played in the QLD Cup in the early 80s.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
You're probably right on Johns.

If not Id say Terry Matterson, I know they both debuted in the same series, 1989.

Spike

First Grade
I've got a Q:

Who am I?

Born in 1977, I played my junior footy for Parramatta before switching to Balmain where I made my first grade debut in the late 90s. I switched to another Sydney club and my only other club, but did not see any first grade footy for another 3 years and only played a total of 19 first grade games for this club. I represented the CRL Firsts in the second annual ARL quad series involving an affliliated states side, Queensland Country side and a Jim Beam Cup side.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Trent Robinson?

David McLean?

Although I dont know if Robinson was a Parra junior, but McLean was definately from Wentworthville.

Loudstrat

Coach
Loudstrat's Round 4

41. Which player scored 3 tries in his first grade debut, his interstate debut, and test debut?

42. Which player played in 3 losing grand finals for 3 different clubs against the same side?

43. Which player, upon receiving the man of the match award in an Origin match, thanked the sponsor, and stated that he would use the money to buy a cordless drill?

44. Which club had a Pommy test player in each of it's last 3 grand final sides - and who were the players?

45. Which test player was beaten senseless by a fellow test player in a club match, after calling him a 'twinkie'?

46. On which ground did the famous Western Suburbs v Manly rivalry of the 1970's begin?

47. In 1994, who did Ken Arthurson call the greatest player of all time?

48. Canterbury's 2 points in the 1986 grand final came from a penalty for what infringement?

49. Name the team and the year in which a cricketing legend played in a grand final?

50. Who was the Crushers first coach?