What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield: NSW v Tasmania in Newcastle Jan 30-Feb 2 2009

IanG

Coach
For when the Sheffield Shield resumes after the KFC Big Bash.

If all goes well for them this will be a the game that Phil Jaques and Stuart Clark will have to show the selectors that they're back to full fitness.

I'll probably be going to at least 1 if not 2 days of this game

eddiesmith

Juniors
Great venue Newcastle, brings back fond memories, wonder if NSW will play the Vics there again any time soon

IanG

Coach
Great venue Newcastle, brings back fond memories, wonder if NSW will play the Vics there again any time soon

It'll depend on if we get given a match on a regular basis.

Use to get one each season then last season we got shafted the season before we only got a Twenty20 game. Hence why one sports journo up here was calling for Cricket NSW to be renamed Cricket Sydney.

Back in the 80s we got one each season then the ground got damaged in the earthquake and was unsafe for years before the pavilion was rebuilt.

IanG

Coach
No way is Moe making a comeback. He's ruled that out and is happy playing club cricket. Plus he'll be 50 this year.

Red Bear

Referee
A win in this one would be very nice.
A loss and our season is shot.

I don't particularly think we can win the comp this season, too inexperienced a side but there has been some positives, good batting from some of our youngsters and a few good spells with the ball. Hopefully Safraz can have a blinder.

eddiesmith

Juniors
It'll depend on if we get given a match on a regular basis.

Use to get one each season then last season we got shafted the season before we only got a Twenty20 game. Hence why one sports journo up here was calling for Cricket NSW to be renamed Cricket Sydney.

Back in the 80s we got one each season then the ground got damaged in the earthquake and was unsafe for years before the pavilion was rebuilt.
It would be good, I quite like the ground, would love to have an excuse for a road trip next season especially as I'm moving closer to hell :p but dont like the SCG

Although I suppose the problem they face is keeping enough games at the SCG and keeping other places happy, would be better even if they moved all the T20 games around

I'd like to see Victoria play more than 1 country match a year, but really sometimes it can be hard logistically and cant keep everyone happy in such a large state

IanG

Coach
Well I personally think they should be taking more of there games to the bush. But the power at be have this desire to centralise everything. For instance to Collingwood Storm. How have Victoria found thing when they've taken one of their games to Ballarat or Wangaratta? Or if South Australia took a game to Mt Gambier etc.

But back to this game here in Newy does anybody have any idea what ticket prices are?

Jacques out for 9
Hughes 54*

If Hughes gets 100 no doubt the push for his inclusion to tour South Africa, if not open the batting in the test side, will intensify.

Red Bear

Referee
I think that Phil Hughes might be able to book his ticket...Bookies ticket

Excuse i just have to make a quick phone call

Latest posts