What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks captain Paul Gallen fined $10,000 for racist remarks at Micky Paea

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think Paul Gallen and any other person that plays the race card is beneath contempt. I am an "ABC -Australian-born Chinese , grew up , and played rugby for 10 years in Sydney. I was called slope ,slant eye , chink nip - subjected to "kill the yellow bastard" - everything you could cite.
The best reply - ignore the talk , walk the walk. I believe this is the approach which drove the Ellas to much greater heights.
I am third gen Oz and over the years have put up with the most unsolicilted racial abuse. My then girlfriend and now wife innocently walked past some youths outside Brooky Maccas , to the sounds of "shame , an ozzie with a slope" . Last week , I stepped off a kerb looked up to a fellow in a West Tigers jumper on a push bike who called me bloody nip for no reason , and wanted to back it up with a fight , telling me "we won the war".
My point is , Gallen's behaviour is reprehensible.
Paea's response , while understandable , will NEVER alter what is so ingrained in Gallen's type. The best form of reply is on the field.
And I am so ashamed he is a Parramatta junior.

What a load of absolute Crap.
Sledging is part of sport & the idea of sledging is to get underneath your skin, no matter what colour it is.
Just cant believe Gal wasted that sledge in a game that was already lost.
Look at the players that have been sledged & brought on field incidents ito the media domain over the years. Mundine(self promotion & headline hunter), Craigie the fat soft useless embarrassment to blacks always looking for the soft easy option, et al.

To these idiots think that Paea owned Gallen, FMD you soft, scared idiots. The big bad black man had wild eyes!!!!!!!
Gallen goes great in the boxing ring. probably one of the better fighters in the NRL, whilst Scott Prince is probably the best boxer in the NRL.
Gallen would get the points agains any of the paeas but it might take a few rounds longer than usual.

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
Sledging is part of sport & the idea of sledging is to get underneath your skin, no matter what colour it is.
Look at the players that have been sledged & brought on field incidents ito the media domain over the years. Mundine(self promotion & headline hunter), Craigie the fat soft useless embarrassment to blacks always looking for the soft easy option, et al.

To these idiots think that Paea owned Gallen, FMD you soft, scared idiots. The big bad black man had wild eyes!!!!!!!
Gallen goes great in the boxing ring. probably one of the better fighters in the NRL, whilst Scott Prince is probably the best boxer in the NRL.
Gallen would get the points agains any of the paeas but it might take a few rounds longer than usual.

Ah Cronulla... The suburb in Sydney famous for 3 things

1. The Sharks
2. The Surf
3. Rascism

Says it all really.

sass

Juniors
Peaea's response was the christian one...forgiveness.
Cant believe how wild he looked, I'd have been sh*tting myself i f I was gallen...and then his faith took over.
I admire people with a strong faith in a greater power.

hey I'll tell you one thing, pretty sure gallen backed away when paea got fired up. it was kinda awesome.

Red Bear

Referee

Big difference between sledging and racism, any sportsperson knows that

I still lol @ Sharks fans who try to dismiss racism as harmless sledging fun! "Yay for hating black fellas! We all did it when I was a boy" haha Welcome to the new millennium.

DubaiSaint

Juniors

I cannot believe that there are people who walk the earth today who think this way.... disgusting

Eels Dude

Coach
1. Eels
2. Westies.
3.asbestos

That doesn't even make sense. At least I can make an observation... yet you silly Sharks fans have to take that as something personal. Take a look at yourselves shire boys.

All my friends in the Shire have a saying, "Born in the Shire, stay in the Shire". Thank bloody god for that.

Its interesting that Gallen wasnt asked what he said before he was fined.

Gallen is now denying using a racial term in the sledging.

This really has the chance of blowing up in the NRL's face , all becuase they react first and ask questions later.

Generalzod

Immortal
That doesn't even make sense. At least I can make an observation... yet you silly Sharks fans have to take that as something personal. Take a look at yourselves shire boys.

All my friends in the Shire have a saying, "Born in the Shire, stay in the Shire". Thank bloody god for that.

Eels dude listen Gallen denies that he has said anything that racially vilified Paea, He just stormed out of a meeting at Cronulla upset at the fact that he was fined without being asked his side of the story...
Talk about trial by media.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Can i please have the link or proof to that comment?

It is alleged there was a racial slur. You have taken it to the next level. I don't see any media reports actually calling Gallen a racist straight out as there is no proof. I ask again, where is your proof? Unless you were involved in the tackle?
f**king genius.

I don't deny something probably happened. All i ask for is for Timmah to back up his comment with some proof.

Yeah i have. I'm still yet to hear or see Gallen say anything racist.
Do you have enough proof now Craigshark?

I know guys who are of Vietnamese, Lebanese and Greek descent, live in the Bankstown area and who make jokes about Mediterranean Descendants and Asians and lebo's and the rest of them.
Do you think Gallen was just making a joke?

That pic of his hand getting squashed is pretty incriminating
Then watch the footage. It was an accident.

Of course you can keep excusing the racial slur, it does seem to be your way after all.

Charrredcar, I'm curious as to why you avoided earlier questions. Cat got your tongue?

my point is that nobody can say what was said with 100% certainty and yet people are saying that gallen is without a shadow of a doubt a racist grub
Well apparently the NRL are 100% certain. As are the vast majority of people posting in this forum. Where does that leave you?

here ya go......good on the NRL for acting fast and nipping it in the bud and gallen deserves every red hot cent of the fine that is coming his way

by the way i was not defending gallen or racism, my beef was the fact that everybody went off half cocked without any evidence of what was said

And that'd be the sound of trucks backing up. It remains to be seen if anyone else will be joining you.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I still lol @ Sharks fans who try to dismiss racism as harmless sledging fun! "Yay for hating black fellas! We all did it when I was a boy" haha Welcome to the new millennium.

I am white & i get mistaken for being a seppo when i travel to latin america. its not about racism there, its way past it . Its about life & death at times.
Big f**king deal!!!! This forum is full of the softest bunch of girls I have ever seen in 1 group.

Well apparently the NRL are 100% certain. As are the vast majority of people posting in this forum. Where does that leave you?

how can the NRL be certain when they didnt even ask Gallen what he said?

seriously this whole thing is just another mickey mouse effort by the NRL. It amazes me clowns like gallop can keep their job for so long.

Gallen has been tried and fined by nothing more than a kangaroo court.

Dont get me wrong , if he did what he is being accused of i would suspend him for half the season. But the NRL have convicted the man without any evidence. The whole thing is laughable.

Latest posts