What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis has been charged for assaulting his gf

Just saw on Channel 7 news that Inglis has been charged by Victorian Police for assaulting his gf.

The NRL should stand him down and ban him from playing this weekend

saints4ever

First Grade
Just saw on Channel 7 news that Inglis has been charged by Victorian Police for assaulting his gf.

f**k you have got to be sh*tting me, if this is true the NRL are going to have to be careful how they react. he is the poster boy for the comp, and gallop has said the next one to f**k up will be dealt with severely. time to see if he and the NRL have any balls.

if true i have got to say, doesnt matter who they play for... WHAT THE f**k IS WRONG WITH FOOTBALLERS?

Molly

Juniors
f**k you have got to be sh*tting me, if this is true the NRL are going to have to be careful how they react. he is the poster boy for the comp, and gallop has said the next one to f**k up will be dealt with severely. time to see if he and the NRL have any balls.

if true i have got to say, doesnt matter who they play for... WHAT THE f**k IS WRONG WITH FOOTBALLERS?

Don't disagree with any of that. The NRL needs to follow the precedents already set. Very disappointing if proven correct.

LESStar58

Referee

f**k banning him from the next round.... he's gone! There are no 2 ways about it. Let's begin with the fact that the image of the game and the team will be damaged in a huge way and if Waldron is consistent he will tear up GIs contract after what he did to Arana Taumata.

TBH if he did assault his Missus I don't want a person like that associated with the team. Sorry.

I don't want to form an opinion until the cops and the club complete their investigation...not good for the game either way.

Dan70

Juniors
f**k banning him from the next round.... he's gone! There are no 2 ways about it. Let's begin with the fact that the image of the game and the team will be damaged in a huge way and if Waldron is consistent he will tear up GIs contract after what he did to Arana Taumata.

TBH if he did assault his Missus I don't want a person like that associated with the team. Sorry.

Taumata had been sacked from 3 other clubs, and was told that there would be zero tolarance, so it's not quite the same.

If it's true though (we should wait till the police sort it out), I can't see much other option. :(

Spot On

Coach
Can't say I'm 'shocked' by anything in league, nor this report. Please, this is not an attack on any one player or the game - especially not the game. However, the Queenslanders have really let it all hang out since the lead up to Origin 3 though. What next? It's no good for the game or the Storm or the supporters but what the f**k does one have do to stop this stuff? I don't want to hear that it's only a very few who bring league into disripute - you know the "3 out of 500" argument. How many individuals from pre-season to now have engaged in some act that has made headlines and resulted in the player be penalised with loss of contract or other punishment such as fines etc? A fair f**ken few wouldn't you say! Put yourself in Gallop's shoes - what would you do? How do you end this stuff, prevent it from happening again and promote the game the way it should be promoted without frequent misdemeanours poisoning everything you do? I for one am at a loss to suggest a workable solution.

sallymay

Juniors
well for a start i do agree with standing him down for the rest of the year to teach him a lesson and i hope he doesnt go to jail and have a criminal conviction but i dont think storm should sack him as it is his first offence (i hope)

_Johnsy

Referee

Top of the class Les, well said.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Im very disappointed and quite upset. GI has been my favourite storm player for a while and to see this is really upsetting. He has frustration building up from his poor form *. Im very shocked to say the least. AND with the culture we have, he will be dragging it through the mud, as my leagal studies teacher said, " Mud Sticks" and thats true. If he is convicted to anything other than jail, i hope he dosent come back to melbourne. He is brillant but i cant cheer on a player who hits his girlfriend. I am very very annoyed.

Good on the Melbourne Storm board, it instills faith in me. Manly tried to fight it with stewart and the NRL wouldent have had any input yet at all. He has been stood down, but guys lets move on, WE HAVE A PREIMERSHIP TO WIN!

welcome stormgal btw lol

Last edited by a moderator:

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Im very disappointed and quite upset. GI has been my favourite storm player for a while and to see this is really upsetting. He has frustration building up from his poor form *. Im very shocked to say the least. AND with the culture we have, he will be dragging it through the mud, as my leagal studies teacher said, " Mud Sticks" and thats true. If he is convicted to anything other than jail, i hope he dosent come back to melbourne. He is brillant but i cant cheer on a player who hits his girlfriend. I am very very annoyed.

Good on the Melbourne Storm board, it instills faith in me. Manly tried to fight it with stewart and the NRL wouldent have had any input yet at all. He has been stood down, but guys lets move on, WE HAVE A PREIMERSHIP TO WIN!

welcome stormgal btw lol

Well said.

Last edited by a moderator:

MsStorm

Bench
Glad the club stood him down pending police investigations.

You are a massive idiot Greg.

SL8ER01

Juniors
Greg, Greg, Greg IF and I say IF this is all true there have been many people let down by your actions - but most of all you have really let yourself down and the boys you run out with each week. Nothing but family is worth more than you may lose here. I really do feel for you - I know what it is like to have a brain snap - we all have them from time to time - but to hit a woman. Greg what could possible have been that bad? I will say that I am so sick of other club supporters - Namely the Dragons and their complete arrogance. This is about 1 person not the whole club. To call the whole of Storms values in to question is pathetic and shows a total lack of brain matter. You support a club who's past coach supported the use of violence to beat us and when you couldn't your players refused to shake hands at the end of the game - truly ignorant. Storm have proved themselves over and over again and yet some just don't get it. How often have you been in the finals lately Dragon fans - have a look at Storms record over the past 11 years and have some respect. Greg Inglis is fine to all of you when he's playing for Australia or QLD - Think about it. No one condones what he is alleged to have done, but fair dinkum you people - grow up!
And Greg Inglis will go when the Club says he's gone - watch out then, you Dragons and others will be begging for him to join up! Where is Brett Stewart by the way - waiting in the wings to see if Manly make the finals???????? What a joke - just like the Bronco's players last year, this year and every other year!

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
What a waste of a great talent. Always loved watching him play but if this is true then he can frick off to France or RU.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
anyone care to nominate the best OFF-FIELD INDISCRETIONS STARTING 13 ? It could be one talented side.

1. B Stewart
2. K Hunt
3. G Inglis
4. D Boyd
5. W Sailor
6. A Taumata
7. T Carney
11. N Myles
12. R Maitua
13. G Bird

bugger.. strugglling for a front row...??