What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis has been charged for assaulting his gf

Noa

First Grade
As a koori Im very, very, very disappointed in Greg.

I just hope that it was one of those situation that can get out of control and our actions are never what we intended.

_Johnsy

Referee
I just hope that it was one of those situation that can get out of control and our actions are never what we intended.

Honestly Noa, that is the most stupid thing you have ever posted on these forums. You cannot attempt to justify these types of actions at all.

He is not a 6 year old child, if he is in a situation that is getting out of control, do what a majority of adults do, get yourself out of that situation. He is supposedly in that situation with a woman he loves. An absolute idiot.

Noa

First Grade
Honestly Noa, that is the most stupid thing you have ever posted on these forums. You cannot attempt to justify these types of actions at all.

He is not a 6 year old child, if he is in a situation that is getting out of control, do what a majority of adults do, get yourself out of that situation. He is supposedly in that situation with a woman he loves. An absolute idiot.

Not justifying it.

Just saying I hope its an aberation rather then the norm as that would make it easier to "forgive" and move forward.

Last edited:

feeding frenzy

Juniors
Will be interesting to see how this pans out Tevita Latu did the same thing punched a girl he was kicked out of the game that afternoon. I highly doubt G1 will get the same treatment Nathan Bock from the Adelaide Crows did the same thing punched his mrs was stood down for 2 weeks now everyone has forgot about that.

saints4ever

First Grade
Greg, Greg, Greg IF and I say IF this is all true there have been many people let down by your actions - but most of all you have really let yourself down and the boys you run out with each week. Nothing but family is worth more than you may lose here. I really do feel for you - I know what it is like to have a brain snap - we all have them from time to time - but to hit a woman. Greg what could possible have been that bad? I will say that I am so sick of other club supporters - Namely the Dragons and their complete arrogance. This is about 1 person not the whole club. To call the whole of Storms values in to question is pathetic and shows a total lack of brain matter. You support a club who's past coach supported the use of violence to beat us and when you couldn't your players refused to shake hands at the end of the game - truly ignorant. Storm have proved themselves over and over again and yet some just don't get it. How often have you been in the finals lately Dragon fans - have a look at Storms record over the past 11 years and have some respect. Greg Inglis is fine to all of you when he's playing for Australia or QLD - Think about it. No one condones what he is alleged to have done, but fair dinkum you people - grow up!
And Greg Inglis will go when the Club says he's gone - watch out then, you Dragons and others will be begging for him to join up! Where is Brett Stewart by the way - waiting in the wings to see if Manly make the finals???????? What a joke - just like the Bronco's players last year, this year and every other year!

Respect for what exactly? While I cant control or condone what other Dragons fans say on this forum, you cant honestly believe its only us? Greg Inglis was the only shining light for many fans when looking down on your club. Right or wrong, chicken wings, grapples, slater with his knees, smith and bellyache going off about refs after a loss etc has left a sour taste in peoples mouths just thinking about the storm. No club is perfect and the above does not only happen at your club, granted. It is YOUR clubs arrogance that make many fans dislike you. However, Inglis was the one athlete in your team that no one could deny had exceptional ability and seemed to be a decent guy to boot. Now if these charges come to pass that has all changed.... Not that you care Im sure

Gippsy

Bench
What incident is there for them to measure consistency against? This incident and the Taumata incident are two different issues. Taumata was told when he signed with us, that one more issue would end up with him being sacked. This is Inglis's first serious indiscretion, although I may or may not agree with it IMO if he is not found guilty, Inglis will most likely be playing for us next season and by all reports his partner is staying with him.

Apparently not his first indiscretion. This from nrl.com

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...greg-inglis-charged-with-assault/default.aspx

It is not the first time Inglis has had behaviour issues, the 22-year-old premiership winner warned by the club following multiple nightclub incidents last year.
He was involved in a scuffle at a Brisbane nightclub while the team contested the World Club Challenge final in February 2008.
Then in May last year he was allegedly involved in a drunken Good Friday brawl, but the club cleared him of wrongdoing saying it was a verbal altercation after his girlfriend was abused.

Last edited:

melbourne_belle

Juniors
The so called "druken brawl" on good friday was a nothing story, made up by some loser who then called the radio. I was there that night and it was a few words exchanged between Inglis and another guy who was giving Inglis's missus sh*t as she was working behind the bar.

Note I said first serious indiscretion.

Billythekid

First Grade
Was Inglis really the face of the NRL? I didn't even know.

Why would they pick someone who can barely string together a single sentence.

Hows about Hindmarsh or Hazem FFS.

Noa

First Grade
For those interested Brian Waldron will be on the Storm hour from 8-9pm tonight @ sen.com.au.

tresurehunt

Juniors
i only watched melb games to see inglis kick ass,he will be missed this year for you guys,this is going to be really blown out by the media.

How many Dragons trolls are in here...I thought I was in the Dragon's forum for a second.

Sniffing around since 99...

According to the various reports in the SMH, Inglis never punched Sally.
The bruising around her eyes were the result of botox injections. An argument occured between the two when Inglis became jealous after he discovered text messages sent to Sally's mobile phone.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/...-by-odious-tide/2009/08/11/1249756306354.html

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/...-to-satisfy-nrl/2009/08/11/1249756306351.html

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/...nd-by-their-man/2009/08/11/1249756307536.html

Last edited: