What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Odds

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
TAB Sportsbet
Eels $5.50
Storm $6.00
Sea Eagles & Dragons $7.00
Bulldogs $8.00
Broncos $13.00
Cowboys, Rabbitohs & Tigers $17.00
Titans $21.00
Knights, Panthers & Roosters $26.00
Raiders, Sharks & Warriors $34.00
http://www.tab.com.au/Sports/Bettin...03T00:00:00&MeetingType=0&BetOption=FNF2010WN

Centrebet
PARRAMATTA EELS 4.75
MELBOURNE STORM 5.00
BULLDOGS 7.50
ST GEORGE-ILLAWARRA 8.00
MANLY SEA EAGLES 9.00
BRISBANE BRONCOS 10.00
GOLD COAST TITANS 19.00
SOUTH SYDNEY 19.00
NORTH QLD COWBOYS 21.00
NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS 26.00
PENRITH PANTHERS 26.00
WESTS TIGERS 26.00
CRONULLA SHARKS 31.00
CANBERRA RAIDERS 34.00
NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS 34.00
SYDNEY ROOSTERS 34.00
http://centrebet.com/cust?action=GoEvType&ev_type_id=1180&ev_sub_type_id=338&tab=sports

Betfair
Parramatta Eels 5.3
Melbourne Storm 5.4
Canterbury Bulldogs 8.2
St George Illawarra Dragons 8.2
Manly Sea Eagles 8.4
Brisbane Broncos 11.5
Gold Coast Titans 17.5
North Queensland Cowboys 19
Wests Tigers 22
South Sydney Rabbitohs 26
Newcastle Knights 29
Canberra Raiders 36
Penrith Panthers 36
Sydney Roosters 36
Cronulla Sharks 36
New Zealand Warriors 46
http://sports.betfair.com/

lockyno1

Post Whore
Eels favourites..I know they were good but seriously how are they more likely to win the comp than say the Storm who have just won the comp!

Flapper

First Grade
I'm not happy about Souths being $19 but you gotta take the odds while they're as high as that, cause they'll only get skinnier.

Western_Eel

Juniors
Eels favourites..I know they were good but seriously how are they more likely to win the comp than say the Storm who have just won the comp!
We have bought well in the areas that we need better players so we should do a bit better next year, where as storm will still be the same

lockyno1

Post Whore
We have bought well in the areas that we need better players so we should do a bit better next year, where as storm will still be the same

Have you bought a halfback? That was the NUMBER ONE area you need to improve as his kicking game singlehandly killed Parra's chances in the GF. Will not win a comp with Jeff Robson at halfback. Happy to be proven wrong but if you are relying on Mortimer at his age getting the job done you will be disappointed! I struggle to see how Tahu and Shackleton on big pay paykets help you as well, your centres are fine and to accomodated Shackleton you are losing 4-5 players including Kingston and Galavau.

munge

Juniors
wouldnt touch any team under $7 as you can still get them at reasonable prices come september.

big_matt

Juniors

The Storm should be better. Lot of youngsters blooded this year who'll be better next year, plus we;ll have sika manu back who is one of our best forwards and also anthony quinn. We do lose Turner though and Chambers (who isn't a big loss).

A lot of our players are 24/25 and they should get better each year for the next few years also.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The Storm should be better. Lot of youngsters blooded this year who'll be better next year, plus we;ll have sika manu back who is one of our best forwards and also anthony quinn. We do lose Turner though and Chambers (who isn't a big loss).

A lot of our players are 24/25 and they should get better each year for the next few years also.

Exactly, and unlike Prramatta you have a halfback! Yet Parra are favourites. Would not surprise me to see Parra go down next year.

fish eel

Immortal
Have you bought a halfback? That was the NUMBER ONE area you need to improve as his kicking game singlehandly killed Parra's chances in the GF. Will not win a comp with Jeff Robson at halfback. Happy to be proven wrong but if you are relying on Mortimer at his age getting the job done you will be disappointed! I struggle to see how Tahu and Shackleton on big pay paykets help you as well, your centres are fine and to accomodated Shackleton you are losing 4-5 players including Kingston and Galavau.

No need to buy a half.

Kris Keating will be fit next year after his broken jaw and the starting 7. Robson only got in the job because keating broke his jaw.

Noa

First Grade
I thought we would be also rans this year and certainties next year but now Im unsure.

Cant keep replacing veteren forwards with young ones, will catch up with you eventually. However we will have Sika back and also Louie Fanene and Sinbad Kali, 2 promising props who will give us good depth

And despite alot of Storm fans bagging Will Chambers that right side defence was one of the best in the league and let in 20 less tries then Inglis side.

Chase Stanley will need to be on the ball defensively form the get-go next year.

Edited to add 2011, thats another story, mark it down ;-) .

Last edited:

Lowdown

Juniors
See no reason why Storm can't back up again.

- They've adjusted to the faster game and two refs
- Finch and Coop have formed a great halves combination
- They've got young blood coming through from the talented U20s team
- Signed some new talent to replace Chambers and Zappa
- Their team is still young, and are now even more experienced
- They have a new stadium - hence motivation to establish a new 'graveyard'
- Anthony Quin and arguably their best forward - Sika Manu returns

I could go on....

But in all seriousness - I can't see the Storm going backward next year and barring injury to key players they'll make it 5 GFs in a row - and a their 3rd title in 5 years to firmly establish a new era in Rugby League and forever be immortalised in RL folklore...