What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadium progress

Bman26

Juniors
Not Happy >.< Girlfriends best friend is having her 21st birthday party the weekend of the opening games *RAGE*

LESStar58

Referee
Big deal if another code gets first game on the pitch. The OFFICIAL opening of the Stadium will be the Test match. Hell, the first match played at Stadium Australia was the double header in 1999 but the official opening was the Soceroos Vs. World eleven friendly 4 or 5 months later.

sallymay

Juniors
i think it suck when they say for ages that rugby league will be the first to open the stadium and now say that union or soccer could be played b4 the aust nz game

whats the point of getting rugby league supporters excited then do that it really pisses me off when it was made for the storm in the first place (the victory didnt even want it for a long time and still are only playing half their games there and union isnt even in melbourne yet and trying to take over)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ANNNNNNNNOYED

MsStorm

Bench
I agree with SallyMay...though have known for ages that Victory have always wanted to be the first to showcase their game at the stadium...:(

LESStar58

Referee
The gala opening is the Test. Who give a sh*t if soccer gets it first.... I would go and watch Victory vs Celtic.

Perth Red

Post Whore
how will I get a ticket to the Melbourne game? Any chance they will sell double header tickets?

little_aza

Juniors
Seating plan has been released on the Storm website along with the names of the various membership packs, now just to wait for the actual specifics (including costs) of the various packages.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=21973http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=348064

Couldnt help but notice "Northern Stand", "Eastern Stand", etc. Would love to see a stand named the "Matt Geyer Stand"

...and hopefully this happens before there's an "Archie Thompson Stand" or a name of the roundball variety.

BourbonRat

Juniors
The Membership packages

OK...............Nothing unexpected price wise since we're moving into an all seating bubble right. For old style grunts like me who still want to stand,(sit) at the fence with the rest of the grunts $180 is a fair cop.
I can see a LOT of angry people who've paid good money for a long time & now see they have to not only pay more for their seats but also for the 'fringe benefits' :crazy:.
Also looks like the "After Party" is also being killed off by default.
$90 for 11 post game events,(and zero details on what those events will involve ?) & a 500 member,(first come - first serve)limit.

So much for the club/fan culture that was different to the 'no riff raff allowed' attitude used by AFL clubs at post game functions :roll:

MsStorm

Bench
The Membership packages

OK...............Nothing unexpected price wise since we're moving into an all seating bubble right. For old style grunts like me who still want to stand,(sit) at the fence with the rest of the grunts $180 is a fair cop.
I can see a LOT of angry people who've paid good money for a long time & now see they have to not only pay more for their seats but also for the 'fringe benefits' :crazy:.
$90 for 11 post game events,(and zero details on what those events will involve ?) & a 500 member,(first come - first serve)limit.

So much for the club/fan culture that was different to the 'no riff raff allowed' attitude used by AFL clubs at post game functions :roll:

I think various packages are reasonably priced, but do agree with your comments on the social club.
You'll soon acclimatize to sitting down all day. A lot of people hate change, but its all for the better, when you consider what a shocking place OP was facility wise.

LESStar58

Referee
The Membership packages

Ben Mendhelson is a Storm member?

LESStar58

Referee
Seating plan has been released on the Storm website along with the names of the various membership packs, now just to wait for the actual specifics (including costs) of the various packages.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=21973

Might make my home in the North Eastern corner as I have done since 2007.... any idea if the Bai Stand will set up shop there?

As for the grandstands.... I hope the new stadium maintains the Lazarus and Nikau monkiers. The ends can go to Archie Thompson and whoever the f**k else matters at Victory... or maybe they'll wait to name it after some Melbourne Heart player...

BourbonRat

Juniors
Naming of Stands/Ends ?
Unless MOPT stick their nose in & call them something stupid,(on a permanent basis) I think the names will change according to which code is playing there at the time.
No reason why the respective side stands can't remain the Lazarus & Nikau stands during Storm games & the Bai stand / Geyer stand wouldn't be out of place for the North & South either :cool: Like This

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Not Happy >.< Girlfriends best friend is having her 21st birthday party the weekend of the opening games *RAGE*

that actually works out perfect...

use this script:

"honey, i understand how important <insert name here>'s birthday is to you. the last thing you want is to have to worry about me all night. it's important that you get to spend time with your friend on such an important night. i will do the honourable thing and find some other way to occupy my time."