What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 - Titans vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 3rd June 5:30pm @Cbus Super Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Rise and shine all you fellow South Sydney members and fans out there, as another game day is upon us. It's a big one tonight too as we face the Titans up there on the Gold Coast. I'd say this is probably our first absolute 'must win' game of the Season as we really, really need to win these next two and get our Season back on track before the bye. A couple of losses can be called a flat spot, but if that extends to three, then it starts turning into a mid-Season slump and we absolutely cannot let that happen tonight. So, we're in for a big one today no doubt.

It's quite hard to know what to make of the Titans. They've had some brilliant games where they've looked incredible, and then some where they've looked really poor. I think, at this stage anyway, they're a bit of an inconsistent team. However, on their day, they are genuinely capable of beating anyone. So let's hope it's not their day today. They'll see this one as a real opportunity to get us, as I'm sure anyone playing Souths during the Origin period would, so I have no doubt they'll be up for this. It's a big game for us, but it's a big game for them too, especially coming off the bye. I'm expecting a tough Titans side tonight and we'll need to be on. They're a really good, potent attacking side when they turn it on that plays an expansive, exciting brand of Footy. I think they key to beating them tonight is the middle battle. That's where everything starts and if we can contain their roll on, we should be okay and it will make shutting down that potent attack a little easier. You've also got to make sure you do a job on their main attacking weapons. Campbell is the biggest one for me but there's also guys like Sami, Khan-Pereira and Fifita who you can never sleep on.

For our boys, tonight is all about getting back on track, getting back to doing what we know we can do. That all starts with the defence. Defence, defence, defence tonight. That should be the biggest focus because it's the area we've really dropped our bundle in the past two weeks. It simply cannot happen for a third week in a row. Get back to our usual standards, especially through the middle and I'm confident we have the attack to break them down. With Stretch back and Cam and Jai playing, there's no reason why we shouldn't be a lot better in that area tonight. I say this every game but it just sums up our Season so well and sums up our side in 2023, if we get our game right, nail our process and execute, we'll be very hard to stop. Got to get our game right and lift the standards, no if's or buts tonight. Hopefully our boys will be extremely fired up to right the wrongs of the past couple weeks. No reason to not be. I think the lads really relish playing up there on the Gold Coast, we always get a great crowd there, always plenty of support and generally, the boys play well up there. We haven't lost at Cbus since 2009 which is crazy. But that means nothing tonight, it's a new year, new game.

Pumped for this one today! Just want to get back on track and have another win so, so bad. It isn't gonna be easy, but we can do it!! Enjoy your game day everyone! Get out and about wherever you are and wear the colours proudly.

Glory, Glory.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Happy Saturday everyone Game Day is upon us as we go up to the Gold Coast to take on the Titans. I think we have beat them the last 10 times so the Titans will be sick of that they will be up for today back at home where they have played some footy and they’ll be desperate to get the win over us. They’ve also lost a few games of late too so this is kinda must win for them to keep in touch with the top 8. But for us I feel it’s also must win we have hit a bit of a flat spot the last two weeks and I feel we really need to win this game otherwise a top 4 spot all of a sudden becomes in jeopardy. If you wanna be top 4 you can’t lose 3 games in a row. JD said yesterday he’s given the boys a rev up so hopefully they respond well. We just need to get back to that South Sydney football the Rabbitohs way!

Looking at the Titans they have a few injuries like we do but Tino and Fifita will both back up they have a strong pack they have MoFo too up front who has been in good form and some good up and coming forwards too. Jayden Campbell will pose us a threat if we give him time and space so we need to shut him down. They also have good pace out wide in Jo Fifita and AKP so we can’t afford to let them get on the outside of us. For us we are without Trell which is a big blow but it gives Ta’affe another opportunity and hopefully he can do a safe job for us. We are still without Tom too, Havili and Moale but Murray and Arrow will back up which will help. Our forwards need to start the game better though we need to win that battle in the middle and then Cody, Lachy and Damien can get into the game. We need Lachy and Damien to both lift in their performance and I’m sure they both know that. Getting Campbell back will be a massive in hes so vital for us and Kennar comes onto the wing and gets his opportunity as well. Completing our sets highly and getting in the grind will be key, all our little effort areas we need to pick up as well.

We always have a good support up there so I’m show there will be plenty of Red and Green in the stands to make the boys kinda feel like it’s a home game.

SO RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET AT 5:29PM SHOW THE COLOURS PROUDLY REV YA VOICES UP AND LETS BRING HOME THE VITAL TWO COMPETITION POINTS GLORY GLORY LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

callmack1

Staff member
Game time!!

A dangerous test and I really hope we don't take this lightly, it's an absolute must win!!

Hopefully we're all happy in a couple of hours time.

Enjoy the game everyone!

Glory, Glory.

Steenson123

Juniors
Team appears to have Collapsed.
No defense, no committment.
Don't know whoever made Taaffe a FB.
Season could soon be over.
Back to irrelevance.

Steenson123

Juniors
Pressure will increase on Demetriou.
Is he only good for 10 or so games??
The team looks completely different, no defense at all.

Travitoh

First Grade
It's like we're just switching off mentally in defence. In attack we have them covered. Need to wake up and concentrate when defending.

callmack1

Staff member
Oh man!! What a rollercoaster of a game! But oh so friggin happy to get the win after it didn't look likely in that first half. We needed that one, didn't care how, we just had to win that one, and win it we did so all smiles here!!!!

Far out, I was filthy with that first half! Close to the worst half of Footy we've played all year. I could not believe the defence, or should I say lack of defence. We had NOTHING. Back to that weak as piss stuff and just seemed to fold every time they attacked our line. All this, on top of the terrible dicipline. Constant yardage penalties. It was so, so poor! We had them covered with the ball, that looked great in almost all aspects but without the ball was the complete opposite.

I'm sure JD would have given them a rev up at halftime and it bloody well showed. A completely different team showed up in the second half and put on a near perfect 40 minutes. We scored 30, yes, 30 points in that second half!! Incredible. That half IS us, that IS South Sydney and that's how the whole game should have been. Amazing comeback, very happy with the second half performance. Went from the worst first half of the Season to one of the best second halves! Crazy.

Just so happy to get the win, it's a relief after the last two weeks and we will now be back in the top 4 which is welcome news.

The injuries are a bit of a downer but I'll wait to hear the result of scans before getting too worried, for now, let's just enjoy the win!!!

Glory, Glory!

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Oh man!! What a rollercoaster of a game! But oh so friggin happy to get the win after it didn't look likely in that first half. We needed that one, didn't care how, we just had to win that one, and win it we did so all smiles here!!!!

Far out, I was filthy with that first half! Close to the worst half of Footy we've played all year. I could not believe the defence, or should I say lack of defence. We had NOTHING. Back to that weak as piss stuff and just seemed to fold every time they attacked our line. All this, on top of the terrible dicipline. Constant yardage penalties. It was so, so poor! We had them covered with the ball, that looked great in almost all aspects but without the ball was the complete opposite.

I'm sure JD would have given them a rev up at halftime and it bloody well showed. A completely different team showed up in the second half and put on a near perfect 40 minutes. We scored 30, yes, 30 points in that second half!! Incredible. That half IS us, that IS South Sydney and that's how the whole game should have been. Amazing comeback, very happy with the second half performance. Went from the worst first half of the Season to one of the best second halves! Crazy.

Just so happy to get the win, it's a relief after the last two weeks and we will now be back in the top 4 which is welcome news.

The injuries are a bit of a downer but I'll wait to hear the result of scans before getting too worried, for now, let's just enjoy the win!!!

Glory, Glory!
After 2 losses at home we dish that crap up in the first halfThe coach shouldn’t have to give them a rev up at half time.

Poor attitude and effort in defence has taken over as evidenced by tries in the 40th and 79th minutes.

Inkers75

Juniors
My my what a game. Saw that Souths were losing, came back and was amazed at the result. Great 2 points!

callmack1

Staff member
Yewwww!! We can wake up with a smile after a win for the first time in a couple weeks!

Johnston treble leads Rabbitohs to big win over Titans: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/johnston-treble-leads-rabbitohs-to-big-win-over-titans

Press Conference - Round 14: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/press-conference-rabbitohs-round-14-2023

Titans' issue rears ugly head AGAIN, Speedster inches towards history amid injury hell - Big Hits: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/li...s/news-story/d67d61161660443719b28b2bf529c055

'Sad sight' for Maroons' Origin star, Blues sweat on Souths skipper's groin - Casualty Ward: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...s/news-story/3e4ae6e1953da7cd7187777831a51ad1