What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons haters would you change your mind

SilentAssassin

Juniors
lol I f*ckin LOVED that. Shillo knows he would of ate that pack up for dinner, and would of still been looking for dessert afterwards.

I'm disappointed the Dragons didn't play the raiders tbh. I don't care how good record they have against the Dragons.How many of those games were in the finals? None. When was the last time Canberra won a finals game? I'm serious,it's been that long I've got no idea.

taxidriver

Coach
There's some really cool Dragons fans on these forums, but then there's some real arrogant tosser Dragons fans who think they're rugby league royalty because one half of their club won a bunch of open chequebook titles back when the Beatles were doin it big.

Oh yeah, and they don't give credit to the Illawarra for providing them with top notch juniors.

do your research, i'm pretty the magpies were the millionaires of the time

I'm disappointed the Dragons didn't play the raiders tbh. I don't care how good record they have against the Dragons.How many of those games were in the finals? None. When was the last time Canberra won a finals game? I'm serious,it's been that long I've got no idea.

2000. When was the last time the St George Illawarra Dragons won a GF? Never. When was the last time St George won a GF? 1979.

Pointless question. Do you think Dugan, Croker & Vidot will be thinking about the last time the Raiders won a finals game when they run on to CUA for their first ever semi?

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
lol. Nonsense. We can only hope you're joking, or just having a gossip. If not, you should post on something you might actually know about, like how much Canberra credit gave to Queanbeyan.

Mate you could have made you whole point valid had you not said something so utterly stupid........Queanbeyan Blues were a NSWRL First Grade side were they?

Worst comparison ever.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mate you could have made you whole point valid had you not said something so utterly stupid........Queanbeyan Blues were a NSWRL First Grade side were they?

Worst comparison ever.
Thus illustrating how easy it is to get a rise, and way to miss the point.

It's no dumber than the comment that Saints do not acknowledge the Illawarra. A point that seems to have been lost on you.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
2000. When was the last time the St George Illawarra Dragons won a GF? Never. When was the last time St George won a GF? 1979.

Pointless question. Do you think Dugan, Croker & Vidot will be thinking about the last time the Raiders won a finals game when they run on to CUA for their first ever semi?

Thanks for proving my point. All the talk that the Raiders would beat the Dragons because of their 'record' against them is rubbish. Finals is a completely different ball game. Good luck Raider fans.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Thus illustrating how easy it is to get a rise, and way to miss the point.

It's no dumber than the comment that Saints do not acknowledge the Illawarra. A point that seems to have been lost on you.

I love when people get caught out being an idiot and then act like they were trying "to get a rise".

Good times :cool:

Go the Raiders.

skeepe

Immortal
if stgeorge Choker dragons was changed to Illawarra Steelers would the ones that hate the dragons actually like the team or is it the players that annoy you more than the name of the club.
personally i would like to see Illawarra name on the title if they win and just cut out the st george part

You are an embarrassment to Raiders fans. Please, please stop.

Honestly, what a f**king stupid thread.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I love when people get caught out being an idiot and then act like they were trying "to get a rise".

Good times :cool:

Go the Raiders.
Walt, don't take things so seriously.The Queanbeyan jibe was an obvious return serve. Perhaps you should read the whole post. The one you selectively quoted.

I'm guessing you're the type of fella that needs punchlines explained. That's alright, no crime in that.

to_ddeath

Coach
Thank christ Canberra have sensible, logical supporters such as Skeepe.
FFS, Dazraider & Raiders_Farkwit are the dumbest duo to post on here all season....they take the cake & 1-2 sentences of their dribble is almost enough to make you want to vomit...
Farkin oxygen thieves the pair of ya.

T.

Thanks for proving my point. All the talk that the Raiders would beat the Dragons because of their 'record' against them is rubbish. Finals is a completely different ball game. Good luck Raider fans.

It's not about records. It's about technique. You dont have the game to beat us at the moment. If anyone can figure it out it's Wayne Bennett though.

And no Willow i'm not. I'm just keepin it real.

taxidriver

Coach
It's common knowledge the 11 title streak was due to an open chequebook.

just for you bobby

http://www.rl1908.com/Clubs/Western-Suburbs.htm

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They stayed at the bottom until 1956 when the club took on a new image as big spenders. Now tagged as 'the millionaires', for going on a spending spree in an effort to buy a premiership, Wests hauled in big names Harry Wells, Kel O'Shea, Darcy Henry, Ian Johnson, Dick Poole, Arthur Summons and Ian Moir. By 1958, now under the coaching of Vic Hey, Wests had a side that had almost entirely been imported to the club. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the meantime St George had set the new standard of Rugby League in Sydney, winning the previous two seasons. Wests finished in second place behind the Dragons and they met in the major semi-final. The Magpies crushed the fancied St George side by 34-10 to claim a place in the Grand Final. St George fought their way through to the decider, but the Magpies were favoured to end yet another club's attempt at three titles in a row. [/FONT]

Wests then went into decline and 'the millionaires' tag became a distant memory as the Magpies struggled on with what they could. They did not return to the play-offs again until 1974

maybe Roy was right with his comments about knowledge?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
And no Willow i'm not. I'm just keepin it real.
Well in that case you are in step with the overall quality of the thread.

Every club in the 60s had the opportunity to manage their finances. St George just did it better than most. Better attendances allowed Saints to get it together to build the competition's first Leagues Club. They started posting huge annual profits. The likes of Frank Facer, Glyn Price, to name a couple, placed the club way ahead of many other clubs in terms of financial management, facilities, training methods, junior development and recruitment. It took years for some of the other clubs to catch up. You seem to think it only happened overnight and the money and chequebook magically appeared. You couldn't be more wrong.

Last edited:
Thank christ Canberra have sensible, logical supporters such as Skeepe.
FFS, Dazraider & Raiders_Farkwit are the dumbest duo to post on here all season....they take the cake & 1-2 sentences of their dribble is almost enough to make you want to vomit...
Farkin oxygen thieves the pair of ya.

T.

:lol: :lol: :lol: